TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Hahah I thought they were talking about a skateboarding GAME.

Oh man. UMD. Who the fuck thought that THAT was a good idea???

To be fair, few companies go broke overestimating the stupidity of customers.

However, when you can get the same content on a more versatile format and dump it on a memory stick, why would you get an UMD?

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Most likely the first game I'll buy for the Wii in 2007, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles.

Gameplay is a mix of light gun games and Resident Evil 4.

Features Chris, Claire, Leon, Ada, Jill, Carlos, Rebecca, Hunk, and Wesker.

Scenario's include: Museum (RE1), Police Station (RE2), Raccoon City (RE3), Village (RE: CV and RE4).

It will help fill the gap between Resident Evil: Code Veronica and Resident Evil 4.

Two modes of gameplay: Scenario and Arcade.

Release date is late March 2007.

Earlier today I brought the Ep IV DVD to my computer room to see if the two AAA batteries I found worked for my Xbox DVD remote (the story there is upon getting a new TV and digital cable, I had the old TV from my room brought to the computer room and hooked up to cable, an old VCR, and decided "what the hell" and made the Xbox the room's DVD player)

Unexpected surprise: I was given the option of playing a Lego Star Wars II Xbox demo.

Expected results: batteries are dead.

Anyway, the demo was kind of fun, if nothing more than running around killing enemies. I hadn't played the first game.

Also, my biggest complain on Star Ocean 3 was the fact that it basically made everything you did in the first two Star Ocean's absolutely pointless and worthless. That and it kills the chance or hope for any sequel doesn't help it.

Yeah, not only do I disagree with the idea that it makes everything else pointless, but it also shouldn't ruin your enjoyment of previous games. (there are 3 previous SO games) FFX-2 wouldn't make you like FFX any less, at least it shouldn't.

I've never played SO3 in English, so I don't even know the full story, but I will give credit on the plot twist. A lot of people hate it, but it says a lot that they were willing to take a chance and go through with it. It's not a concept that has been explored in RPGs, at least not ones I've played. It obviously inspired a lot of emotion in people who played it, but thinking about it, I don't think it's hateable.

And if they can do that, they can certainly dream up a story for a sequel. No way does it destroy a chance for that.

GTA: Vice City Stories trailer

Playing as the late brother of Lance Vance is as decent a character as any other I suppose.

Like the use of music in the trailer.

wonder if theyll port this to ps2 like they did with LCS. btw how is LCS for ps2? Should I get it for 20 bucks?

Yes.

ok, I got it last night after work. Only played the begin, drove around to see familiar sights, you can totally tell this was a port, as the resolution is much worse than in gta 3. but the gameplay seems alright and very familar. cool to be able to ride motorcycles around LC this time

Most likely the first game I'll buy for the Wii in 2007, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles.

Gameplay is a mix of light gun games and Resident Evil 4.

Features Chris, Claire, Leon, Ada, Jill, Carlos, Rebecca, Hunk, and Wesker.

Scenario's include: Museum (RE1), Police Station (RE2), Raccoon City (RE3), Village (RE: CV and RE4).

It will help fill the gap between Resident Evil: Code Veronica and Resident Evil 4.

Two modes of gameplay: Scenario and Arcade.

Release date is late March 2007.

I can't remember. Did Umbrella end up having anything to do with the events of RE4?

Back to the RPG discussion. It just seems I can't find a good one that really grabs my attention like in High School. I rattled off FFVII, Chrono Trigger, FFVIII, FFIX, Thousand Arms, Chrono Cross, Legend of Legaia, Legaia II, Saga Frontier, Xenogears, FF IV, and a few others I can't remember back in those days. Since then though......nothing! :(

I can't remember. Did Umbrella end up having anything to do with the events of RE4?

Yeah, Wesker plotted behind the scenes trying to bring them back.

You can already tell this RE Wii game is a quick project they're not really commited to. Capcom's RE side games are hit and miss to say the least.

so what have you played since then?

Nothing RPG wise. Just FPS, fighting games, sports, and platformers/adventure games.

I'd love to play another RPG.

It was the good old days for me because I didn't get into RPGs till the end of Jr. High/beginning of HS.

In addition to what I said about RPGS I had another question.

The Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil game......do I need Doom 3 to play it on the X-Box? Is it a real expansion or a stand alone? And what all is included with it as far as the classic games go?

You don't need Doom 3 in order to play RoE. I'm not 100% sure on the classic games but I think they're Ultimate Doom, Doom II and Master Levels, which is two expensions packs for Doom II.

Doom and Doom II are also included in Doom III collector's edition.

So if you want to play the old games and Doom 3 then Resurrection of Evil is almost useless because all you need is the collector's edition? My local gamestop has all 3 used for 12.99 apiece(i think the collectors is actually 17.99).

Back to the RPG discussion. It just seems I can't find a good one that really grabs my attention like in High School. I rattled off FFVII, Chrono Trigger, FFVIII, FFIX, Thousand Arms, Chrono Cross, Legend of Legaia, Legaia II, Saga Frontier, Xenogears, FF IV, and a few others I can't remember back in those days. Since then though......nothing! :(

Um, did you try... Final Fantasy X?

Oh yeah. And FFX.

I tried Xenosage and hated the absurd amount of cut scenes.

I like games that are set in the medieval/sci-fi era.

The what era?

i never got far into Star Ocean 3, because every time a battle would start, all of my "computer controlled" characters would get like half their HP drained no matter what tactics I used. if i switched characters, then the other character who I switched from wuold get his ass kicked. plus it was too confusing to tell what was going on. i did like the system early on when it was just the main character in the party and nobody else.

so frustrating, that it fostered a hatred of any battle systems where your party members are computer controlled. I'm worried about FF12 for that reason.

Dama if you can, I'd recommend Aterlier Iris and its sequel. You seem to like medival tales, and those are pretty much them.

Also another one I could say is if you had a GBA/DS or a Gamecube (or soon a wee), another one you might wanna pick up is Fire Emblem series. Although its more strategy than RPG, it packs quite a punch.

Whoa... Thousand Arms... Man I haven't seen that name in like forever. Man, that game was hilarious, and the battle system wasn't too shabby (a little broken) either.

Although obtaining stuff was a pain in the arse. Stupid dates. Wanted the best weapons and that you needed to have all the girls in the game nearly love you (but only one love you, love you), and frankly that was a bitch trying to do.

I also hated the way they tried to do the battle system in Xenosaga. Ugh.

Oh and I played Legend of Dragoon which had a nice story, good music, but the dreaded limited items! Double ugh.

I want to buy a new RPG and give it a shot but it's such a big investment that I'm afraid of spending money on a shitty one.

Oh yeah. And FFX.

I tried Xenosage and hated the absurd amount of cut scenes.

I like games that are set in the medieval/sci-fi era.

Get DQ8, you won't be disappointed. Like I said in the PS2 games thread, it's probably my favorite game since Xenogears.

So I've been playing the Doom series all over again. It does show age, yes. But it's still one of my favorite series of all time. There was something I noticed this time around. I went through some levels and just realized that some of the music sounds like some songs I know. I know I specifically heard variations of Pantera's "Mouth of War" and "This Love" in there. I'm trying to figure out the rest, but my brain is tired right now.