TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AmericanDragon

Family Guy 7/10

ALL IT DOES IS SHOOT YA. IT DOESN'T MAKE BREAKFAST AT ALL. AHHHH!!!!

The only good joke in a fairly medicore show. The Herculoids appearance wasn't even that good. :-\

I found the episode pretty funny. So far this season I've liked every episode except one. I think I'm in the minority.

Guest Fook

Good episode. Kramer vs Predator was gold as was Stewie attending Les Miserables.

Although I still cringed at a couple points, I did get a couple good laughs. The show could only go up for me after the disastrous Bachelor episode, really.

What's the deal with AD right now? I hope Fox isn't waffling on it, because I've been enjoying it a lot more than most of these new FG episodes

Guest JMA
What's the deal with AD right now?  I hope Fox isn't waffling on it, because I've been enjoying it a lot more than most of these new FG episodes

Maybe they don't want to overexpose it?

Although I still cringed at a couple points, I did get a couple good laughs. The show could only go up for me after the disastrous Bachelor episode, really.

What's the deal with AD right now?  I hope Fox isn't waffling on it, because I've been enjoying it a lot more than most of these new FG episodes

For some reason they're holding off on showing it until the end of July, and even then it's a rerun of the pilot. The show is still in production and everything.

Yet another awesome episode. The Blind Date and Paula Poundstone references were sweet.

Didn't care for this one, much. I'm not hating on it, as I've liked most all of them, but eh. Missed the very beginning, if that makes a difference.

I'll have to agree with a friend tha tsent me an e-mail prior to me seeing the episode that the vomit scene and Stewie ranting ("You know the words to Mr. Plow? Well do does everybody else!" or something along those lines) were good, but I feel the Breakfast Machine wins the episode.

The breakfast machine was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=breakfast-machine97

That is pure comedy gold right there.

"Whats the point of it?!?! It just shoots ya!!!!"

You know, i realize now, its not so much the jokes that are funny, it is just the delivery(usually from seth) I mean, things like "oh-ho Meg, she torched your ass, man. She torched your ass." and Stewie asking meg for food and then coming down the stairs going "Hey....Hey....whats this? Whats going on?" His delivery of those lines had me rolling. The throw up scene and the breakfast machine of course had me laughing. Then the little stuff like Meg calling Peter a "Fat Son-of-a-bitch", Stewies long rant, and the Pamla and Tommy Lee joke....just a funny show to me.

The Beverly D'Angelo joke was begging for the usual cameo, but the ensuing "...and I don't think I would know where to find her anyway" line caught me off-guard for a big laugh.

My vote is for the Breakfast Machine, though, closely followed by the final segment with Stewie realizing the boyfriend was still in the trunk.

Maybe they don't want to overexpose it?

They ran out of episodes, it's only the first season.

I wasn't paying attention when they were talking before the puking thing, so I didn't know what was going on...worst part of the show.

FG was greal last night IMO, or maybe cuz I taped it and watched it when I was tired my view was skewed, but hey it had me ROTFL.

Stewies response to Kirk Cameron starring in the play was great as well.

But I enjoyed the Pee-wee gag (complete wityh music) and the predator gag. I hav no idea what the herculoids thing was but it still made me laugh (sorry I dont know it, anyone care to explain a bit?)

Stewies saying his sitter was on "Mary-JA-wanna and Hero-EEN" was cracking me up.

I agree, what makes FG so funny is the delivery of the lines.

and the card scene with quag and Peter (paraphrasing here)

Quagmire: Do you have a card for giving VD to a girl?

Peter : Yep "Sorry I accidentally gave you VD"

Quagmire "Well its ok except for the accident part...but I guess I have no choice"

Great episode, all the stuff with Stewie and the babysitter were gold, The puking scene was fantastic ... Oh and a reference to "Dazed & Confused" is always cool in my mind :)

Okay, I must be in the minority here, but I really didn't find that puking bit funny. At all. At the same time, I think it helped me realize one of the problems with the new FG episodes: You know the "make it go so long it stops being funny, then starts being funny again" bit? You can tell when they're gonna do that. Well, I could, anyway. This week, as soon as they started to mention puke, I knew it was gonna happen, and last week(?) when Stewie did that really annoying "Workin' on a book there?" bit, I guessed then as well.

I dunno, that stuff just doesn't seem near as funny when you can see it coming. Instead of watching the joke unfold and realizing the absurdity at a slower pace, it just clicks that whatever I'm watching right now I'm watching for the next five minutes, so I'd better get comfortable.