TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

The OAO Raw Thread for 08.08.05

Hogan and HBK - Face to Face

August 8, 2005

Shawn Michaels did his best Hulk Hogan impersonation on RAW on Aug. 1, and one can only imagine how much it must have gotten under the Hulkster’s skin. After making fun of his age, backstage “politicking,” his new reality show and more, HBK will go face to face with the WWE Hall of Famer. What will the Hulkster have to say to the Showstopper?

Also, how will John Cena react after being laid out thanks to the actions of Chris Jericho and RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff? The laceration that Cena received required five stitches, but doctors have cleared him for action. Tune in to RAW to find out what the WWE Champ’s next move is.

And RAW will be live from Pittsburgh, Kurt Angle’s hometown. Angle will be the hometown hero and try to win back his gold medal in the Eugene Invitational. Can Eugene do the improbable and defeat Angle twice?

And who will be the latest to go home in the 2005 RAW Diva Search Contest? The end is so close that Ashley, Kristal, Elisabeth and Leyla can taste it. But one of them will be going home. You can decide who it will be.

You won’t want to miss all of this exciting action and more, this week on RAW!

I'll be there at this week's show, and I haven't seen Hogan since I was a kid when he came to a house show in Pittsburgh about 13 years ago, so I'm excited for this one.

It won't top the last Raw that was here (Benoit/HHH Ironman) but I'll probably enjoy the show becasue I'll be there live, and I've got 2nd row. I also look for them to set up Angle/Eugene for SS this week.

I'm expecting a Carlito/Jericho vs. Cena handicap match. The overbooking of the Cena/Jericho angle by adding CCC and Bischoff to the mix has really hurt what looked to be a promising ME feud.

I think we're due for another Masterlock Challenge as well.

And will Shelton continue his descent to the depths of midcard hell?

Honestly, I'm expecting the same show we've been given the last two weeks, and that's not good.

I'm thinking Benjamin/Cena vs Jericho/Carlito. The WWE hasn't really taken the nescessary steps to ensure that their black audience knows that black wrestlers like Cena and are cool in with thugdom so now would be a good time to tell them that.

This pairing will de-black Shelton even more then his comment to Bischoff about his breath a few weeks back.

I'm thinking Benjamin/Cena vs Jericho/Carlito. The WWE hasn't really taken the nescessary steps to ensure that their black audience knows that black wrestlers like Cena and are cool in with thugdom so now would be a good time to tell them that.

This pairing will de-black Shelton even more then his comment to Bischoff about his breath a few weeks back.

NOTHING can de-black Shelton than that comment. Hell, he could come out as Kerwin White II and still wouldn't be as de-blacked as he was during that 5 seconds.

Will Kane be wrestling Edge in an Indian Strap Match?

Kane is "arrested" and Edge is now fighting Hardy at SUmmerSLam. I doubt the two will have much interaction leading up to the PPV, unless this week is the blowoff.

NOTHING can de-black Shelton than that comment. Hell, he could come out as Kerwin White II and still wouldn't be as de-blacked as he was during that 5 seconds.

what was the comment?

what was the comment?

Upon being asked by Bischoff how it sounded that he was in a handicap match against Chris Masters and Gene Snitsky

Shelton: It sounds like your breath smells: It stinks.

Well, this is an "odd" show, which means we get all the new matches this week.

Next week is the "rematch" week, which I've never particularly been a fan of...

Well my friend and I decided to go, so we picked up to cheap 20$ seats half way up. So I'm hoping for a decent show.

I will mark out for Hogan at least...even though he has been on tv way to much this past year or so.

Also Angle should get a warm welcome.

Well my friend and I decided to go, so we picked up to cheap 20$ seats half way up. So I'm hoping for a decent show.

Damn...tickets still available for Raw this close to showtime.

Here's the big question in my mind: WILL THE TAG TITLES BE DEFENDED THIS WEEK?

I also hope Angle kicks the crap out of Eugene tonight and the Pittsburgh crowd is totally behind him, although he may cut a promo to make sure they boo.

I also think we could see a Cena/Shelton vs. Carlito/Jericho main event, but that'd be weird to do with Shelton since he lost to Masters two weeks ago. However, he does have (corny) beef with Bischoff.

Also, anyone got a "betting line" on how many matches we'll see this week? I'm betting on four, including the Eugene Invitational. God knows we need to have another extended diva segment, but that will be ending soon.

I say they're saving the next Nostalgia returns for after Summerslam, and on Smackdown.

JBL will get a new Cabinet...senior advisors Ted DiBiase and Irwin R. Schyster.