Matt Hardy vs. Edge

Undertaker vs. Randy Orton

No Time Limit

Eugene vs. Kurt Angle

Ladder

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero

US Champion Orlando Jordan vs. Chris Benoit

==============

To me the card looks pretty nice, I'm looking forward to it. The show is build up good but at the same time it isn't. I just saw Jordan/Benoit has been added and why would we want to see that match? Just make it Jordan/Booker/Benoit/Christian for the US Title and that would be a much more interesting and better match. Give your thoughts about the feuds and the overall PPV and do you predictions here as well! :)

OK, I suppose it isn't too early for predictions. I'll start.

Hulk Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels

I'm surprised that this is closing the show. I'd really like to see Shawn win this one, but I can't see him going over unless someone else is involved, because I really can't see Hogan jobbing clean at all. It could be the catalyst for a Triple H return, even a Flair return. I'm picking Shawn, because I think something will go down. No Bret Hart appearance though.

Winner: Shawn Michaels

WWE Champion John Cena © vs. Chris Jericho

Good choice for an opponent for Marky Mark here. Jericho hasn't been booked as strong as I'd like coming into this to actually warrant a title shot at what is the top belt in the company, but oh well. I think it has been reported numerous times that Jericho is going on tour with Fozzy after, this, so Cena to go over strong with Jericho carrying him.

Winner: John Cena

No Holds Barred

World Champion Batista vs. JBL

Thank the bookers this is a hardcore match, because that was the only way it was going to work. I haven't seen the GAB match and don't particularly want to, but I'm guessing it was pretty bad. This won't be AS bad, there will be a few interesting spots to pop the crowd like a Spinebuster through the top of the Limo (like last year~!) or something. Batista to go over

Winner: Batista

Matt Hardy vs. Edge

Man, what a promo by Edge last week. Amazing. Great intensity. Well, the biggest internet story of 2005 comes to a close at SummerSlam. I'm going to pick Hardy here, which won't help Edge at all, but hell, this is WWE, they don't make much sense. Emo Boy goes over in a wrestling match, which is everything that this match shouldn't be.

Winner: Matt Hardy[b\]

Could be the Match of the Night if they pull one out like they did at Mania. Orton to get his job back, which sounds weird in an Undertaker match.

Winner: Randy Orton

No Time Limit

Eugene vs. Kurt Angle

And Kurt follows in HHH's footsteps by destroying Eugene en route to a title match at Unforgiven. Eugene can't go over because of next month's Main Event. Kurt to make Eugene tap, even after 'tarding up.

Winner: Kurt Angle

Ladder

Wow, hasn't this feud been going on forever. Amazing. Well, considering the problems that Dominic has been having emotionally with this angle, I think they'll have to put Rey over, and make this the Raven/Dreamer of WWE, where Eddie never gets a win. In the long run it'll do a lot of harm to Eddie's career, jobbing at every PPV since February, but I think the uberheelness that he has shown in the last month will carry him to a match with Batista later this year, and then a series with Benoit not unlike the one with Rey. Rey to win.

Winner: Rey Mysterio

The show is build up good but at the same time it isn't.

I think that basically what you're noticing is that the Raw side of the card is built up well, but the Smackdown side sucks donkey balls.

I'm going back to school this week, so it's not really going to be convenient for me to see the PPV, but I am really interested to see what happens with Hogan and Michaels. The way I see it, right now, Michaels is as over as anyone's been in quite a while. Face, heel, whatever, the people are interested in him.

He really needs to just follow through with all the shit that he's been saying, superkick Hogan during the hulk up, and then pin the old bastard clean. With the reactions he's been getting, he could carry Raw for a while, and the interest in a Cena/HBK match would be off the charts. The only acceptable way for HBK to lose is if Bret Hart does come back and "screw" him out of the match. Short of that, Shawn needs to win, period.

When was the last time WWE had 8 singles matches for a ppv?

Didnt Mania have that?

Anyway it baffles me that they are doing Jordan v. Benoit again. Benoit now as US champ is pointless to me, as is Jordan obviously retaining again. As said before, Booker and Christian should be in this match as well, and probably the best idea at this point with the US title is Christian winning it.

Overall, other than the US title match, I think the lineup is strong.

And I'd also like to know the times that no minor belts (not counting the 'minor' WHC) are on the line, just the two main ones. Kinda throws the chance of both champs retaining with the whole 'one title change per PPV' policy they have most of the time, doesn't it?

I think Christian and/or Booker get tossed into the US title match, and MNM get the belts back from Heidenreich/Animal. I could also see a possible ppv Masterlock Challenge with the Big Show (or at least I hope so for the sake of my fantasy team).

Shawn Michaels, the only thing Hogan would gain is more exposure for his show.

Cena, anyone smart can see that a mile away.

No Holds Barred

Batista, JBL needs to go away.

Matt Hardy vs. Edge

Hardy possibly? Edge may or may not have that title shot to elevate him back up if needed, who knows anymore?

Orton, he needs a pick me up.

No Time Limit

Eugene vs. Kurt Angle

I really want Dinsmore to come out and put on a wrestling clinic with Angle, that would make putting up with Eugene worth every dime.

Ladder

Draw, so we can have a Solomon-esque Dominic-sawed-in-half moment

Benoit, to restore some credibility.

Guest fanofcoils

Hogan vs HBK

Winner: Hogan (I don't see how HBK can win unless they are doing Hogan vs HBK 2 at the next Raw PPV and I don't think that will happen.)

John Cena vs Chris Jericho

Winner: Chris Jericho (Ending Cena's completely lackluster title reign)

Batista vs JBL

Winner: Batista (No way JBL beats Batista, it wouldn't make sense)

Matt Hardy vs Edge

Winner: Edge (Matt Hardy is sucking in this feud so I think Edge will win)

Undertaker vs Randy Orton

Winner: Randy Orton (pretty obvious, now hopefully Orton will face Hogan soon, I wonder if Hogan can have TWO matches at Wrestlemania, vs Randy Orton and vs Steve Austin, both would be huge draws I think)

Eugene vs Kurt Angle

Winner: Eugene (adding more edge to his feud with Angle)

Rey Mysterio vs Eddy Guerrero

Winner: Rey Mysterio (pretty obvious, though after Eddy loses he can once again "win" by this time he could possibly kidnap Dominic holding him from Rey, and then this feud would go on for another month..)

Orlando Jordan vs Chris Benoit

Winner: Chris Benoit (Benoit should dominate him and beat him quickly)

Winner: Randy Orton (pretty obvious, now hopefully Orton will face Hogan soon, I wonder if Hogan can have TWO matches at Wrestlemania, vs Randy Orton and vs Steve Austin, both would be huge draws I think)

:huh:

I don't think Randy Orton vs Hulk Hogan would draw anything at all.

:huh:

I don't think Randy Orton vs Hulk Hogan would draw anything at all.

I also think Project "Get Orton over as a Legend Killer" has been put on the shelf. For now anyways. Beating Taker now is meaningless imo, but really he didn't deserve to main event Mania or beat Taker at the event.

Guest JMA

Prediction: Hogan goes over here. I don't see him getting beaten up by Shawn on RAW and then losing at the PPV. This is Hogan, people.

Prediction: WWE wants Cena to be their top star, so Cena goes over here. Jericho hasn't really been put over anyone since this feud started.

No Holds Barred

Prediction: I'm going with Batista. JBL isn't a draw, and even though Vince likes him I don't think he'll end the Batista experiment this soon.

Matt Hardy vs. Edge

Prediction: I'm going with Matt here. I don't think that he came back to WWE just to job to the guy who screwed his girl. As for Edge's promo, it was good, but not as great as everyone says it was. It's weird seeing Edge get so much praise for his "serious" heel character when a while ago people were saying that he could only be a "goofy" heel. Guess they were grossly wrong, eh?

Hardy's promo, on the other hand, was just average. But I see the fans still being on his side. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Prediction: Orton goes over here. WWE really wants Orton to be one of their big stars. Undertaker has already got his win over Orton at WrestleMania, so jobbing here won't hurt.

No Time Limit

Eugene vs. Kurt Angle

Prediction: Angle goes over here after a hard fought match. I don't see any reason that Eugene would go over here--his character is a midcard act.

Ladder

Prediction: Eddie HAS to go over here to regain his credibility. Rey has already won so many times that Eddie has to go over here.

Prediction: Even though Benoit should be in the World title picture, he's going to go over here. OJ is the definition of a transitional champion.

I'm saying Edge wins. Lita lowblows or briefcase hits Matt, allowing Edge to get the win, but Lita gets beat up by Matt afterwards.

Hogan, Cena, Batista, Orton, Rey and Benoit are my other picks.

Guest jackie fargo

Hogan/HBK:

Hogan wins this one-he was asked to come back, the storyline says he's got to win, it makes no sense for HBK to get the pinfall-Hogan wins and builds towards Austin-HBK doesn't need a win, he is a legend and no one is ever hurt by a loss to Hogan, if anything, Hogan has already given him the "rub" by wrestling him at a high profile event-before the Hogan fued, he wasn't noticed on raw-Now he's been given a huge elevation by this match alone-

Cena/ Jericho: Would love to see Y2J get the win, but its unlikely, Cena wins..

Batista/JBL: Batista

Matt/Edge: Matt wins with help from Lita maybe?

Eddie/Rey-Rey gets the win and hopefully the end of this awful storyline

Ut/Orton: Ends in DQ

Hogan/HBK:

Hogan wins this one-he was asked to come back, the storyline says he's got to win, it makes no sense for HBK to get the pinfall-Hogan wins and builds towards Austin-HBK doesn't need a win, he is a legend and no one is ever hurt by a loss to Hogan, if anything, Hogan has already given him the "rub" by wrestling him at a high profile event-before the Hogan fued, he wasn't noticed on raw-Now he's been given a huge elevation by this match alone-

HBK HAS GOTTEN THE RUB FROM HOGAN? ARE YOU HIGH? HE'S NOT NOTICED?

IGNORED

Predicted match order and card. I'll be there live so hopefully it's a good show. Looks like it should be.

Angle over Eugene

Benoit over Jordan

Edge over Hardy

Undertaker over Orton

Cena over Jericho

Mysterio over Guerrero

Hogan over Michaels

Batista over Layfield

Guest jackie fargo
Hogan/HBK:

HBK HAS GOTTEN THE RUB FROM HOGAN? ARE YOU HIGH? HE'S NOT NOTICED?

IGNORED

Yes, Believe it or not, HBK was floundering on Raw-the last two months with the Hogan/HBK saga playing out, it has given him a re-birth of his persona and now he is back in the main-event picture-Shawn has gotten what he needed out of this match, which was "star" time..

Without this match, he doesn't generate the interest he has in the past month-

Guest fanofcoils
I actually think the whole card is extremely strong, probably the best SummerSlam card in a long time, comparable to 2002.  There is not one filler match on the whole card except Benoit-Jordan.

I would say ALL of the matches are filler matches except Hogan-HBK because IMO the feuds to build up those matches have been lackluster. I think more guys are established on the card than in the 2003 + 2004 Summerslam cards but the matches aren't any more interesting compared to the other ones off the top of my head.

Predicted order and winners

Benoit over OJ

Angle over Eugene

Mysterio over Guerrero

Undertaker over Orton

Edge over Hardy

Batista over JBL... afterwards... A BROCK ATTACK! MY GAWD!

Jericho over Cena

Hogan over Michaels

Second biggest show of the year is nothing but rematches? Whoever booked the Smackdown side of the card needs to practice fellatio on a shotgun.

I'm totally undecided on ordering. If anything, the card is actually kind of underwhelming to me, but it does have some potential.

Here's my predictions...

Benoit over Jordan (FINALLY)

Angle over Eugene

Hardy over Edge via DQ

Orton over Taker

Rey over Eddie

Cena over Jericho

Batista over JBL

Hogan over HBK

Technically, Edge-Hardy should be the No Holds Barred match. But, WWE probably wants to extend the feud, so they'll probably have that Non-Sanctioned match or whatever at Unforgiven. Bold Prediction: the match this weekend will be very disappointing.

I originally picked Jericho to win, but Cena needs the win after Jericho has basically gotten the best of him lately. Same goes for Hogan and HBK. Sure, HBK is going to be around longer, but Hogan will look really weak if he loses. And he can't look weak on his TV show! I'm sure HBK will have no problem doing the job.

Anyone else think Lesnar might return at the end of the Batista-JBL match and F5 Batista after the bell?

Also, the WWE made an angle so stupid I could care less about a LADDER MATCH between two of Smackdown's 3 best workers.

That's an amazing feat of incompetence if you ask me.

Hulk Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels - I really don't think that Hulk Hogan should be coming back to do jobs, but Shawn just can't afford to lose this match if they want to make him a credible heel. Since HBK/Cena is probably the biggest match RAW has right now, Shawn needs to win clean. But he won't. He might pull off a tainted victory, but my gut tells me he's going down clean to the legdrop.

WINNER: Hulk Hogan

WWE Champion John Cena © vs. Chris Jericho - Jericho's about as much of a threat as Rob Conway would be in this spot. I'm actually more interested in the Smackdown title match if that tells you how poorly this feud has been done.

WINNER: John Cena

No Holds Barred

World Champion Batista vs. JBL - JBL is only here because of the Hassan thing so I don't expect him to win in Batista's hometown. I like JBL, but he can't and won't win this match.

WINNER - Batista

Matt Hardy vs. Edge - They screwed this up so bad that I don't even care anymore. I'm guessing Edge wins just to screw with Matt some more.

WINNER - Edge

Undertaker vs. Randy Orton - I liked it when Randy was hurt. He'll win here unless Taker pulls off something backstage. I'm almost hoping he will.

WINNER - Orton

No Time Limit

Eugene vs. Kurt Angle - Another match where the winner is coming from a mile away. This is one of the most predictable PPVs in memory, unless they go completely the opposite of what they've been building too. Probably the most entertaining match of the undercard sadly.

WINNER - Angle

Ladder

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero - This feud was redhot in May, but was killed by the Russoriffic storyline. Like Edge/Matt, I don't even care anymore, and I can't possibly see how they can have Eddy get custody of Dominic, so Rey wins again.

WINNER - Rey

US Champion Orlando Jordan vs. Chris Benoit - One of the few matches on the card where the outcome is in question, but since they were building to JBL/Benoit before Hassan interfered I imagine that Benoit will get his win here and go on to face JBL at No Mercy.

WINNER - Benoit

OVERALL - Unless Shawn pulls the biggest miracle of his career in the main event and goes over, there is absolutely nothing here. It looks even worse than last year's Summerslam.

When I look at the predictions I notice that way too many Faces are going over. So maybe Benoit gets screwed again or we are going to see Edge going over Matt and HBK wins the Main Event.

The U.S. title is on the line.

Didn't see that, haven't been watching all of SD lately (but really, who can blame me). I'd better add that prediction here, I'll make it quick. Benoit should have won last month, so WWE will fiz up their fuxkup and he'll win here, going on to face JBL for the US title at No Mercy, while BIG DAVE~! faces Orton, and Taker faces Eddie (judging from the house show results I saw last week)

I'm a little afraid to predict how this SummerSlam is going to turn out since my predictions for Great American Bash ended up entirely wrong as WWE pulled a huge swerve in the booking of a lot of matches (i.e. Eddie-Rey, Jordan-Benoit, etc.). However, I'll give it a shot:

Hulk Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels - This is about the only match that has me interested entering this pay-per-view and that's just for the finish. When looking @ this entire card I agree with an above poster than all the other matches are 'filler' material while this has been hyped as the ONLY match to care about. I don't see how Hogan DOESN'T win here considering that HBK has gotten better of him this entire feud so far: the superkick on 7/4, the Larry King parody (which was something I'll remember for a LONG time), this past Monday with the Sharpshooter, and some nice interviews. The only way I see HBK winning here is by some sort of screwy finish so Hogan retains some credibility to work other programs/keep his TV show strong (gotta hype Brooke, remember!). Also, if the HHH-Hogan rumors are true then we gotta keep Hogan strong so HHH can get his job back from Unforgiven several years ago (lol). I'd love to see HBK nail Hogan with Sweet Chin Music a second time when he starts to hulk up simply b/c no heel has ever tried that. However, I don't see that happening.

WINNER: "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan

WWE Champion John Cena © vs. Chris Jericho - HAHA, like this match isn't predictable. Maybe reading these forums has made me cynical, but the build to this match has been lackluster. It's like McMahon-Austin watered down to the point of adding six cans of water instead of three into a pitcher of lemonade. Someone needs to pull a Lloyd Benson and tell Eric Bischoff "Mr. Bischoff I knew Vince McMahon and your no Vince McMahon." Cena always does better when he has to "chase" the heel and that's how this program has been booked. HOWEVER, why am I supposed to buy Jericho as a credible challenger when he hasn't won a regular match in the buildup to this show AND Cena was strong enough to beat both he & Carlito last week in a handicap match WITH Bischoff at ringside!

WINNER AND STILL WWE Champion: John Cena (who's really from the suburbs)

No Holds Barred

World Champion Batista vs. JBL - I know people claim JBL is stale and from the few times I get to see Smackdown! I tend to agree. However, he's the only person they could've put into this situation considering the Hassan debacle. JBL would be a more effective character away from the main event scene and feuding with Benoit over the US Title and hopefully, we'll get to see that program soon (or possibly a Benoit-Regal/JBL program). After last month's terrible contest @ the GAB I'm glad we have the No Holds Barred stipulation. I don't see why they'd give Batista three straight wins over HHH only to have him drop the strap to JBL here. Nevertheless, McMahon was evidently pissed at Batista for the match @ GAB and since Hassan was supposed to go over here in Batista's HOMETOWN nothing is ever a certainty. A loss here, though, would severely hurt Batista and I don't see McMahon doing it to him. Hopefully, Brock makes his return and F5's the hell out of Batista while Michael Cole sounds like a little girl screaming "NOT THIS WAY!!!"

WINNER AND STILL World Champion: Batista

Matt Hardy vs. Edge - Does anyone care about this program anymore? Started off fantastic with Hardy's first appearance, but that handshake with Vinny Mac was just...so...wrong. Edge clearly won the promo battle in my opinion between the two to set up this show (with his work two weeks ago surprising the hell out of me) and having Hardy already wrestle on RAW two weeks ago against Snitsky was rather pointless without a storyline. I agree with a poster who several weeks ago stated THIS should be a No Holds Barred Match, start off the show, and have them fight all over the place to build to a future show. Whether this program still has legs will depend on the finish, but I see Hardy winning here by DQ leading to a gimmick match with Edge at a later date to blow this thing off (which Edge should probably win).

WINNER: Matt Hardy

Undertaker vs. Randy Orton - I like Orton as a heel simply b/c he looks so arrogant and like such a prick I can't help but HATE the guy. He sucks as a face, but I love him as a heel for that reason. I think this one is a formality to put Orton over to build to an Orton-Batista program that will set up Batista-Brock for somewhere down the road. Undertaker won @ WM to keep his streak alive (something I agreed with b/c UT should NEVER lose @ WM nowadays) and doesn't have any reason to go over here. He can recover from a loss and I think will gladly lay down for Orton here.

WINNER: Randy Orton

No Time Limit

Eugene vs. Kurt Angle - I hate Christy Hemme so since she's Eugene's new cheerleader I hate him by de facto now. Sadly, I think this has been one of the better built up programs (that hasn't gotten ridiculous or a parody of its former self) for this show. Simple storyline that any idiot can understand: Eugene has something that belongs to Angle and Angle wants it back. I heard reports that these two have been busting out some good matches on house shows, so I'm not angry about this being booked and am actually looking forward to it. Angle has to win here to get his medals back and get ready for his 'turn' against Cena. I hope he makes Christy tap out too after the match.

WINNER: Kurt Angle to get his medals back

Ladder

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero - I don't see how they think this program can sell when Mysterio gets all of the victories and Guerrero is made to look like a pansy time and time again. The HEEL is the one who is supposed to beat the face down in the ring, not the other way around. Guerrero DESPERATELY needs to get a win here, especially if they are building him up for a program with Batista down the road, but with the 'custody paper' stipulation I don't think Guerrero will win here either. Thus, we'll end the feud with a TON of Mysterio victories versus ZERO for Guerrero. As Carlito would say, "dats not cool." I find this program sickening because of the storyline and because of the wins-losses difference. I think this is the first time I've never even cared about a ladder match on pay-per-view, which is rather sad and shows Rey Mysterio should never be allowed to book his own program again.

WINNER: Rey Mysterio to get custody (unfortunately)

US Champion Orlando Jordan vs. Chris Benoit - I hate Orlando Jordan and his reign as US Champion needs to be ended QUICKLY on this show. Of course, Benoit should've gone over @ GAB, but I guess they had to delay a JBL-Benoit program because of the Hassan debacle. Benoit should win and have a nice, moderately long reign to restore credibility to the US Championship. In fact, they could have him wrestle practically ANYONE who wanted a shot at the belt to make him a 'fighting champion' like the WWE did to Bret Hart with both his IC & World title reigns. If it's the opener, this match could serve to tell us where the show is headed because if Jordan goes over again we could be in for a long night.

WINNER AND NEW US Champion: Chris Benoit

-------

My Analysis: I feel underwhelmed for this upcoming SummerSlam because all of the hype is on HBK-Hogan and everyone else is treated as second fodder garbage. All of the Smackdown! matches are rematches and the RAW side of the card isn't much better because of the lackluster Cena-Jericho program and the bad turns the Edge-Matt Hardy feud has taken. Some of these predictions could be wrong b/c I only have two heels going over (Angle and Orton), which means we could see an Edge win by DQ when Hardy goes apeshit crazy and/or Guerrero finally (!?!?!) win against Mysterio in the ladder match. Then again, if your going to have blowoffs to some major programs it'd make sense to have the faces go over en masse, but this isn't WrestleMania.