TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
daileyxplanet

Will The Pepsi Plunge Be Seen On WWE TV?

Now, this isn't just another "jeez is WWE gonna mess up again?" speculation. There are some concrete reasons this time.

First of all, we all know by now about London's little trife with VKM and the banning of a lot of high risk maneuvers. The Pepsi Plunge is a super (meaning "performed off the top rope) move unlike most of the other "super" moves (see: superplex), because it focuses on the head, which is dangerous territory.

Point two. Let's face it, the Pepsi Plunge is merely a glorified Pedigree, which we all know is our favorite Triple H's finisher. Why would HHH want someone to do an even better Pedigree, as it would make his look like crap?

So, will the Pepsi Plunge make it to the light of WWE Television? Only time will tell, and if so, I'm certain there will be a name change unless CM Punk can be officially sponsored by Pepsi or something. And if there's no "Plunge" at all, there's always the Devil's Lock DDT...

The move already has a history in WWF/E as it was used to beat Chris Jericho on a PPV by CHYNA!

There's the protection, right there. If Punk tries to do the move, they can bury it by saying he stole an old woman's move.

The move already has a history in WWF/E as it was used to beat Chris Jericho on a PPV by CHYNA!

:)

Anyway, Punk's been using the Anaconda Vice the last few ROH shows I've seen, so I'd imagine that'd be his finish. The fact that it's basically HHH's finisher is reason enough for them not to allow him to use it.

I could see the move being busted out a couple of times maybe, but certainly not as a regular move or finish. If Punk ever works into a program with Trips, who knows (and I'm talking a while from now)

I'm certain there will be a name change unless CM Punk can be officially sponsored by Pepsi or something.

Stacker2 or Xyzience or will they go the Joey Styles style of announcing and use the wrestle's name in the move......Punk Plunge.

It's no secret HHH is high on Punk. Once he decides to just run the business and stop wrestling, I can see him letting Punk use it if he wanted to.

I see it as more of a Lesnar thing though. We all know Lesnar can do the SSP, but once he got into wwe, he only used it at wrestlemania. Punk could eventually bust it out for a big time match.

Guest Phoenix

I think until he is in a big time match IE Wrestlemania, or is in the main event spotlight he will never use it. Hunter may be high on Punk, but let us be serious for a second. HHH won't make his finisher look bad until he wants it to.

-McKenzie

Two things:

1) I've seen a lot of punk matches and I don't recall ever seeing the Pepsi Plunge. That means he's fully able to win a match without using that. And, do it convincingly.

2) That HHH does a pedigree also could be the makings of an interesting "fued/partnership". I'm not talking a wrestling fued, just a sort of "well at least I don't have to jump from six feet in the air to put someone away" "well at least I can" type bickering. HHH's spot is in not jeapordy.

actually, how does Punk set up the move?

I think that is what Rando is saying. Punk is in position to be superplexed by his opponent, which means he would be facing the ring.

I see it as more of a Lesnar thing though.  We all know Lesnar can do the SSP, but once he got into wwe, he only used it at wrestlemania.  Punk could eventually bust it out for a big time match.

The Lesnar reference gave me a sudden vision of Punk using the move against HHH at Wrestlemania and dropping him directly on his head.

Not a bad idea.

Since when is Hunter high on CM Punk? Can someone fill me in on that part?

I'd like to know this too. People on various forums keep saying stuff like this but I've never seen any HHH comment that would even lead me to believe he knows who Punk is, much less is a fan of his.

BTW.. is there any word on what his gimmick might be yet? Are they just gonna let him be CM Punk or is he going to get some corny Simon Dean type shit?

They're going to start over. The Plunge won't be in (which is fine, he doesn't need it anyway) and the straight-edge gimmick will most likely be tossed out. All that is fine, because all he needs are matches with the right people and hopefully for Vince to not be so rigid, and no gimmick is required.

I expect Punk to debut in short back tights/knee pads/elbow pads, short cropped hair, be called by his real name, and wrestle dull WWE style matches.

I expect Punk to debut in short back tights/knee pads/elbow pads, short cropped hair, be called by his real name, and wrestle dull WWE style matches.

What if the executives of WWE decided to be creative and gave him an ironic gimmick/character......CM Punk & Orlando Jordan are:

bacardi_duo.jpg

"When the day turns to night. They get the job done"

Lyrics to B&C Theme Song

(Female singers)

Come on!

It's time to get down to business.

The men are in town, yeah

Bacardi & Cola they will always come through, ya.

If they are around. Oh!

If they don't save the day they'll paint the night. Come On!

Bacardi & Cola. Yeah!

Guest *KNK*
To the Pepsi question, the Pepsi symbol is one of the many straight-edge symbols.  Don't really know why.

The lead singer of Minor Threat, credited for the creation of the sXe movement had a coca-cola logo tattoo himself, Punk, who would drink a case of pepsi every weekend watching wrestling, naturally used a Pepsi Logo instead.

It's also because of school bullies Punk dealt with growing up had budweiser logo tattoo's and it was Punk's way of standing against those bullies.

The reason Pepsi is a sXe "symbol" is loosely because of Pepsi's old slogan

"The choice of a new generation". straight edgers attached to that slogan and thus, pepsi became a defacto "symbol"