TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

Eggs

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I like 'em scrambled and in omelletes. I need something new to do with them. Perhaps new omellete fillings.

The girlfriend found this recipe online the other day. Of course, she didn't follow the recipe to exact specs, but it was pretty good.

6 large eggs, beaten

2/3 cup milk

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1 green onion, sliced thin

3 slices bacon; cooked and crumbled

1 tablespoon butter or margarine

1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400*F (205*C).

Whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in seasonings, cheese, onion and

bacon.

Melt butter in a 9-inch oven-safe skillet. Pour egg mixture into pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan.

Bake for 20 minutes or until set and golden. Serve immediately.

Try eggs from a different animal. My boss rents land from a rich guy for the nursery I work at and he had a few ostrichs a while back. We took an egg one day and drilled holes on each end and blew it out and ended up with omelletes for twelve people.

Otherwise, this was a decent recipe.

* 6 eggs

* 1 tablespoon butter

* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour

* 2 cups heavy cream

* salt and pepper to taste

* ground cayenne pepper to taste

* 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs

DIRECTIONS:

1. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.

2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

3. Separate yolks from whites, shred each separately. Melt butter over low heat and gently stir in flour. Gradually blend in cream, stir constantly as it thickens. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.

4. Mix egg whites with cream sauce and pour into greased 1 1/2 quart casserole. Cover with bread crumbs. Add yolks, top with another layer of crumbs.

5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes until bubbly.

Toss some shredded cheese or some cheese crackerr crumbs on it to add some more taste.

I think they're called latkas. It's egg mixed with some spices and shredded potatoes and made into pancake-type things. Really good and if you expirement with different herbs, vegetables and cheeses you can work some magic.

Guest Brian
I think they're called latkas. It's egg mixed with some spices and shredded potatoes and made into pancake-type things. Really good and if you expirement with different herbs, vegetables and cheeses you can work some magic.

That sounds like a tortilla.

I'm way too lazy to even C&P a recipe, but if I eat eggs, they're either as part of Juevos Rancheros (far and away my favorite breakfast), as part of Eggs Benedict, or on top of a burger or veggie-burger.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Piss is on to something with different animal eggs. Wonder if turtle eggs would be any good. I've tried variants on most everything else suggested.

here's my usual.

Whoop four or five eggs in a bowl, and put them in a hot skillet with some butter greasing it, let 'em fry up a little, and dump in a shit-ton of bacon, sausage, onions, peppers, and hot sauce. This eventually sets up into a heap that I top with cheese.

Over-Easy with Toast = The Choice

I also like Omeletes

Eggs & Chroiza(sp?) can hit the spot once in awhile too, but if you don't drain the grease, it can be overwhelming.

Also this dish my gf makes, is rather simple, it is broken up corn tortillas, eggs, and lots of shredded cheese. It's called "Migas" and it is the bomb, yo.

My usual consists of either 4 or 5 eggs scrambled and loaded with banana ketchup or a egg omelette with shredded cheese.

Whoop four or five eggs in a bowl, and put them in a hot skillet with some butter greasing it, let 'em fry up a little, and dump in a shit-ton of bacon, sausage, onions, peppers, and hot sauce. This eventually sets up into a heap that I top with cheese.

Oh man, I'm stoned and that sounds so good right now. I lack half the ingredients right now, though. :(

I used to love hard boiled eggs, but one time I ate them and threw up, and now I can't even look at them.

My brother likes scrambled eggs with ketchup, but even thinking about that makes me sick. I told him I'd break his X-Box if he ever made it around me, cause the smell will literally make me sick.

Hard-boiled and deviled are the only eggs I'll eat.

True story: back when I was really young (around 6 years old), my mom made me some hard-boiled eggs. I stuck my fork into the 1st one, and the thing literally exploded into my face from the pressure. The next time I had one, I ducked under the table before trying the egg.

I used to love hard boiled eggs, but one time I ate them and threw up, and now I can't even look at them.

My brother likes scrambled eggs with ketchup, but even thinking about that makes me sick. I told him I'd break his X-Box if he ever made it around me, cause the smell will literally make me sick.

Ah that's good. Eggs with hotdogs and ketchup is no joke. So are hard boiled eggs with mashed potato.

If I ever need to make breakfast/brunch for a bunch of people, I do something pretty close to Agent's recipe, but usually take out the bacon and serve it on the side with toast. Anything you fry up in a pan with peppers, onions, and sausage will, as a rule, be the best thing you eat for a week.

Over-light is my preferred style, but it's tough to make them well with the shitty kitchen utensils I have, so I usually just save that for going out. Brunch out today was two eggs over light with a pile of corned beef hash, a bowl of fresh grits, and a pair of silver dollar pancakes. $6. I love the south.

Out of curiosity, Edwin, how often does that happen to you? I ask because, aside from the weekends, when I have custody of my son, I don't have occasion to cook for anyone; and I can't imagine, at my age, inviting a half-dozen or more people over to my house to stay overnight, and then cook for them in the morning...

It's definitely only because I'm in college, Dub Cee. People falling asleep in my living room happens often enough, though admittedly we usually just roll out to one of the local holes for brunch come morning.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I cooked everybody oatmeal with syrup and a little Jagermeister one morning. This was also a screwdriver breakfast. The college I went to was less focused on academics, and more on consumption.

Tobasco > Ketchup as a topper for Eggs.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Hey Agent, I know this is off topic, but since you mentioned Jagermeister... is there a generic form or it that's not ridiculously expensive? For the price of a 350 mL bottle of Jagermeister, I could buy a half gallon of whiskey. The Jager wouldn't get me more than a buzz with the bottle that small, while the whiskeyw ould get me and 2-3 friends drunk. I so want to try Jagermesiter, but it doesn't seem economical.

I liked eggs scrambled (plain on the side with toast, or actually on the toast like a sandwich), fried (with yolks broken) on buttered toast as a sandwhich or on the side with toast. Hardboiled (whites only)