TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ravenbomb

My Name Is Earl

Was that the Office Max guy? Was the crab meat really made out of notebooks and staplers?

I gots to know.

I thought it was pretty funny, but could've done without the Carson Daly cameo.

I'm sorry the interview with the Chilli's manager was great

Gee were the producers watching "Almost Famous" when they made this episode? (Fine with me, I love that film and the 'Tiny Dancer' sequence brings tears to my eyes)

Man, I loved both shows tonight. "My Name is Earl" was a bit better though.

My main complaint with the direction of "The Office" is that Steve Carrell should definitely be the focus of the show over the Jim/Pam relationship.

Guest Fishyswa

^Ditto, the relationship was well done but it was way too serious and out of place in the show.

Still thought it was hilarious though.

MNIE was great, loved the scene in the gay bar.

"Do you want to be the man or the woman?"

I had no idea Ethan Suplee lost that much weight, last time I saw anything withhim in it was Remember The Titans...I didn't even know it was him at first...the show was pretty good, not LOL funny, as someone else said, but I enjoyed it...only caught a little bit of the Office, seems funny enough, I guess...

Ethan Suplee. I last saw him in Butterfly effect and he was BIGGER than he was in Remember the Titans. I remember thinking that if he doesn't do something fast he was going to die. I didn't recognize him for a while last night, but goddamn. Good for him.

I liked the show though. Them backing out the room before running out the house at the Gay announcement was the funniest thing to me though. That and the HAWT maid.

Guest Fishyswa

Jesus, as a testament to how much weight he lost, I didn't even think it was him, just someone who looked a lot like him....:(

Well, I've added My Name Is Earl to the short, but growing, list of TV shows that I actually watch every week. Here were my favorite parts:

-"Yeah he's gay, but he aint gonna bite me...He aint gonne bite me is he?"

-"I know this might sound crazy in this day and age, but we live in a small town and I've never been face to face with a gay before. I understand now the runnin' probably wasn't necessary."

-"Oh no you didn't! Tell me you didn't just go old school!"

-"I didn't wanna be the only non-gay there so, luckily Randy agreed to go as soon as he heard there were gonna be bubbles."

-"...so we named him Dodge."

Jason Lee is awesome on this show, Jaime Pressley is perfect for her role, the maid is fucking smokin', and the brother is awesome.

This one is a keeper in my book.

Guest El Satanico

I don't see Earl as a show that will only appeal to a certian limited audience, like AD.

I could see Earl appealing to the average viewer in Kansas, but I can't see AD doing the same.

Just watched The Office from last night.

Jesus Christ, did somebody say network retooling?  While the show is still great, the love story, classic music, and Michael being applauded by his employees?

What the fuck?

Well, it was complete "you could not be any more pathetic at this moment so we kind of feel sorry for you" applause, but yeah.

According to Newsaskew.com Earl won its timeslot with a 9.3 rating and 14 share.