TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

it seems that the Xbox 360 has dissappeared from the Boards like Chris Benoit footage from the WWE tape Collection, anyway for those who have missed it there has been a price drop which are as follows:

The Core (the one without the Hard Drive) dropped from 299 to 279

The Premium dropped from 399 to 349

The Elite dropped from 499 to 449

and according to the Cheap Ass Gamer Forum there might be another system price drop post Halo 3 release:

When the 65 nm processor falcons are introduced across all SKUs, the holiday season, a month or so after Halo 3 will see the core drop to $249, The Premium will drop to $299 and the Elite will drop to $399.

The Core, Premium and Elite Falcons will have a redesigned motherboard which includes HDMI across all SKUs, a quieter DVD Drive and the falcons will STILL have an extra fan heatsink as Microsoft is not prepared to take anymore risks.

The Falcon will reduce the cost to manufacture the Xbox 360 CPU and GPU by ~40-50% but Microsoft will incure additional costs on the new fans and HDMI across all SKUs. Still at the 249,299 and 399 price, Microsoft will expect a profit from the console by early 2008 when the Q4 results are announced.

i'm not a tech nerd but the 65 nm processor i guess makes the system alot quieter or something

They'll theoretically run cooler, so it won't require as effective a fan. Or so you'd think, who really knows what MS will do? Given how quiet the PS3 runs, and how those systems haven't been dying by the millions, things should certainly be better with the new chips.

P.S. Set the forum to display threads older than 10 days and the Xbox 360 thread will reappear.

Well Blue Dragon seems ok, if a little uneventful - though I'm only just onto the 2nd Disk. Don't think I'll be bothering with the Achievement whoring on this one though, some of the points are wank.

Well I am back in 360 land. I am loving the Stranglehold demo and the Bioshock. Pretty cool.

The darkness seems like it could be interesting but the demo annoyed me. Timeshift also looks like it could be interesting.

Yes I said I was giving up on FPS after I didn't care for Rainbow Six Vegas, but Bioshock and Timeshift might just be buys for me.

Well I am back in 360 land. I am loving the Stranglehold demo and the Bioshock. Pretty cool.

The darkness seems like it could be interesting but the demo annoyed me. Timeshift also looks like it could be interesting.

Yes I said I was giving up on FPS after I didn't care for Rainbow Six Vegas, but Bioshock and Timeshift might just be buys for me.

I rented Bioshock over the week, it's a fun and challanging game.

I played the Stranglehold game as well, but it seemed like a new verison of Max Payne with a multiplayer, I'm thinking rental unless Multiplayer is that great.

Has anything actually changed with Timeshift? When I played the demo many months ago, I didn't like it.

Oh! So Guitar Hero came out with some My Chemical Romance downloadable songs and so I downloaded them and played them on normal. I forgot one what the song is called, but the 3rd one on the list (not famous last words or teenagers), if you play the 3rd song on normal, you have to hit orange notes. Does anyone know the reason why I have to hit orange notes on a song played on normal!?

Just upped difficulty I guess. It's the first song I've seen on expert to have a Green/Blue/Orange combination. And I guess toned down to Normal...well, that upped difficulty would be orange.

(there's another song on normal with an orange note I believe too)

I wasn't that overwhelmed about Bioshock when I was playing it, it had nice moments, but I called the ending at the start of the game, it does suffer from Video Game Cliché, sadly. Some really nice ideas in the game though, setting fire to people, watching them dive into water, then electricuting them is very satisfying. And it does have some REAL easy Achievement points 625 unlocked just from going through the game without trying.

Heads up to people: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition comes out this week, so if you don't have it already, you can buy Oblivion with the expansion packs all together.

Heads up to people: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition comes out this week, so if you don't have it already, you can buy Oblivion with the expansion packs all together.

Question, on Xbox live, do you know how much the expansion packs are? (or how many?)

I don't remember how, or what was said, but I remember my friend telling me you could download the packs from Xbox live, and we got that the total was around 11 dollars. (But that may have been for one, if there's multiple.) But if so, buying the older, and updating may be cheaper.

I just bought Oblivion like last week, and it's only 25 dollars (used). And if all the expansions are even less then 25 dollars on live, that'd be cheaper then the GOTY edition, which I'm guessing is going to be the normal 60?

There's 2 expansion packs. Shivering Isles is 2400 points (30 dollars), and Knights of the Nine is 800 points (10 USD). Your friend must have gotten KotN.

3200 points is $40.00. So getting the GOTY edition is the better option if you haven't already bought Oblivion.

Oblivion GOTY retails $60 on 360 and $50 on PC.

$65 vs. $60 (not counting applicable sales tax!) isn't all that bad, though. You're out a fiver and got to play it 2 weeks earlier; not a big loss.

I think GOTY edition also includes the Horse Armor, or some bs like that.

I got a few questions:

I'm not familiar with the XBox, so with 360, how much exactly do you have to pay for XBox live? And also, does the 360 get messed up a lot cause I've read about how people keep sending them in to microsoft because it won't turn on or something. I was originally planning to get a PS3 but the price is insane, and the 360's price is dropping like crazy, plus NBA 2K8 is coming out soon, so hopefully the 360 is more durable than it seems.

£40 for 12 months, not sure what it is in $$$

The older 360s had poor motherboard/cooling design, so overheated and melted the solder on the CPU which caused DEATH. Those 360s (not sure on the newer ones) are under a 3 year warrenty with Microsoft, so if you get 3 redlights you can send them back and get it repaired or a refurbished one sent your way instead. 360s in store now should be the newer designs with the HDmi and updated motherboards, so they should hopefully not fuck up.

So is the consensus that old Xbox's WILL die? (As mine seems to be having problems, even though none noticeable, just paranoi lol, but it does this clicking thing with Madden, and seems to be louder then it used to be)

And do you have to have the red lights in order to send it back to Microsoft? I mean, I wouldn't until it actually messed up, but I don't want to be one of those people who's box dies just after the warranty's up, when I could have sent it in before.

I see no reason not to believe that they all will die eventually.

And I would get the RROD sometimes and other times not. I told them that and I sent it in and they just automatically sent me a replacement (it took a week and a half total). If you really WANT to send it in, just tell them that you don't ALWAYS get the RROD, but you do sometimes. That is still officially not a working unit.

Coral Smith(I think thats her last name) from Real World New York (the second one) and all those real world/road rules challenges.

Welp, got bored and decided to start up Crackdown.

Apparently, my file is corrupted (of which I'm blaming on the DLC that I got when it first came out)

Any way to fix it by DLing the content again or am I fucked and have to start over?

I got a few questions:

I'm not familiar with the XBox, so with 360, how much exactly do you have to pay for XBox live?

It's $50 for 12+1 months (That's what it says on the card). Buying that is probably the best deal.

I didn't want to start a thread since I don't own the game (yet) and I know jack shit about hockey. I figured one of you Canadians would do it. But I played about 10 games of NHL 08 for the 360, and it is amazing. It may even trump MLB 2K7 as sports game of the year. NHL 2K8 was decent, but not on par with EA's offering.

I rented Stranglehold tonight and so far, it's been alright. It really feels like a Max Payne game with some added things. I haven't tried it on Xbox Live yet, I most likely will tomorrow.

Would the wireless controller that came with my system be covered by my warranty? I had it freeze during the replay screen on madden and the Y button seems unresponsive when I try to signal a fair catch or touchback