TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Your favorite song of 2005

Oh man, thats tough. Usually I make an end of the year song list, but I narrow it down for singles.

For the best song released in 2005, i'd go with 7/4 (Shorline) off the same album.

Best single of 2005 would go to Rebellion by Arcade Fire with The World at Large by Modest Mouse right behind.

"Galang" would be it but I'm not sure I can justify it since it was a single last year before Arular came out this year. So instead of M.I.A., it's probably Stephen Malkmus' "Loud Cloud Crowd." Wolf Parade's "I'll Believe in Anything" is making a late charge.

Add the "Diamonds" remix feat. Jay-Z to the list.

im serious, i love that song. i'm not gonna pick some random indie song when there is a radio pop song i hear on its own all the time. its the first that came to ym head. of course its not the best of the year, but its my lazy pick.

Gold Digger & My Humps are the only songs referenced in this thread that I've even heard of, let alone actually heard.

I can't think of a single song that was released this year that I like.

Gold Digger & My Humps are the only songs referenced in this thread that I've even heard of, let alone actually heard.

I can't think of a single song that was released this year that I like.

ditto on both comments...

My Humps is complete garbage...

The song would be 300% better if it was

HOW YOU GET, HOW YOU GET ALL THAT BREAST INSIDE YO CHEST

Then Fergie pisses herself again.

Someone's being facetious!

Add the "Diamonds" remix feat. Jay-Z to the list.

im serious, i love that song. i'm not gonna pick some random indie song when there is a radio pop song i hear on its own all the time. its the first that came to ym head. of course its not the best of the year, but its my lazy pick.

I like the regular version better than the remix.

Gorrilaz-Feel Good Inc.

The Killers-Mr. Brightside and All The Things That I Have Done

Depeche Mode-Precious

"Gold Digger" by Kanye West featuring Jamie Foxx

God, no, that's a horrid song. Doesn't he rhyme "money" with "money," and then rhyme that with "money"? Then it does some stupid reverb. And the WE WANT PRE-NUP YEEEAH-UH~! thing just made me hang my head and go "oh, no." And "go on girl go 'head, get DOWN!" gets annoying. I'm also not a fan of all that UNH-ing. And why do Busta Rhymes and Usher have to be referenced? It's really not a very good song at all.

She was spose to buy ya shorty TYCO with ya money

She went to the doctor got lipo with ya money

She walkin around lookin like Michael with ya money

Should of got that insured, GEICO for ya moneeey( your money)

Inspired

She was spose to buy ya shorty TYCO with ya money

She went to the doctor got lipo with ya money

She walkin around lookin like Michael with ya money

Should of got that insured, GEICO for ya moneeey( your money)

Those are the rhyming words. Alot of rappers nowadays rhyme in mid sentence as well at the end, or rhyme before a repeated word. Just another rhyme scheme.

Guest Coffey

I really like "Be" by Common. That probably gets my vote. "Touch the Sky" by Kanye West is another song that I'll mention, although it was brought up above. "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers is also getting name-dropped.

I really like "Be" by Common. That probably gets my vote. "Touch the Sky" by Kanye West is another song that I'll mention, although it was brought up above. "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers is also getting name-dropped.

I'mnot a killers fan at all, but I prefer this latest song of theirs, can't think of the name...