TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

WWE Re-Signs Jamal

World Wrestling Entertainment recently signed Eddie "Ekmo" Fatu, who previously worked for the company as Jamal of Three Minute Warning to a new deal, bringing him back to the company for the first time in several years. Three Minute Warning had a run as Eric Bischoff's thug tag team in 2002 and 2003 before Jamal was released in the wake of a personal situation. TMW had a long run in the WWE developmental program using the team name "The Island Boys" prior to being brought up. Using the Ekmo name, he had worked for TNA, All Japan Pro Wrestling (where he challenged for the Triple Crown), and the now-defunct Major League Wrestling. Of late, Ekmo had been appearing for Nu-Wrestling in Italy, which is booked by Rikishi. Given that Rosey has been off WWE programming of late, it's possible there are creative plans to reunite TMW, but that has not been confirmed.

credit: PWInsider

I'd pay money to see 3MW come back at the beck and call of Bischoff and lay a beatdown on Shane McMahon.

Since this is WWE, they will reunite them so they can lay a beatdown on Bischoff so they can further rub it in to Eric right before they let him go on Monday.

Guest ravman77

The sadist in me would enjoy watching the car-wreck that would be 3MW vs Big Show/Kane.

Man, I'd mark out for the Island Boys.

The tag team needs some big bastards who look like they could fuck you up.

The beatdown of Billy/Chuck/Stephanie during the Commitment Ceremony ranks among my favorite "entertainment" segments WWE has put on in the 'E'ra.

As if Bischoff wasn't brilliant enough in his role, seeing Stephanie take a Samoan drop was a sight for sore eyes.

"...wait a minute! Did I just hear myself say...THREE MINUTES?!"

I loved that gimmick. Their run-in at the Billy and Chuck Wedding had me marking hard.

The entire Billy & Chuck wedding had a great ending I never saw coming. Rico, acting as Bischoff's mole, was absolutely genius.

I wish WWE still had some of that creativity now.

Guest Coffey

Good. I never thought they should've got rid of him anyway. His top rope splash is AMAZING and now, hopefully, it'll give Rosey something to do again.

I liked 3MW.

Lets just hope Jamal learned to stop stiffing people this time around. Thats what basically got him released in the first place.

Good. I never thought they should've got rid of him anyway. His top rope splash is AMAZING and now, hopefully, it'll give Rosey something to do again.

I liked 3MW.

Well, they had to release him because he had a pretty significant personal situation at the time that was well-guarded. I think it had something to di with assault on a police officer or something.

Guest Coffey
A 3MW reunion would be great but how are they going to turn Rosey out of his superhero gimmick since Helms turned heel

Or keep him on TV but with a losing streak, have him portray that he's "lost" then have him cut a promo that he has to bring someone from his past back in order to regain his "edge." Something like that. Simple but to the point.

Then they can squash the Hurricane because he doesn't weigh 260lbs. :headbang:

Have Rosey call his old buddy and former tag teaqm partner Jamal. You know, since his latest buddy and tag team partner turned on him. How is that hard to figure and/or write?

Lets just hope Jamal learned to stop stiffing people this time around. Thats what basically got him released in the first place.

Didn't he get into a fight with someone backstage over this?

Didn't he get into a fight with someone backstage over this?

Actually Jamal got released for an out of the ring incident where he fought a bunch of cops.

Actually Jamal got released for an out of the ring incident where he fought a bunch of cops.

I think it was over Jamal's wife, too, who was a stripper at the club that Jamal fought the cops at.

Why not just have Rosey bring in Jamal for a beat down on Gregory Helms for abandoning him after they lost the tag titles. You dont see too many face-revenge beatdowns on heel former tag partners anymore.

I could have swore part of it was he was stiffing people. I know he gave a hard splash to either Jimmy Snuka or Gerald Brisco maybe both and got heat for it.

Edited by Scroby

Aside from being too stiff, I liked Jamal. He and Rosey made a good team.

Have Helms and Rosey in a few more matches, which Helms keeps winning. Meanwhile Helms starts taunting and getting in his head about being better off and how Rosey would be too. Rosey breaks down and calls Helms out, saying he has something to help him get his edge back, blah blah blah, three minutes, and out comes Jamal. They tease the beatdown, but Rosey concedes, and there's your new 3MW.

Their personalities should be similar to how the heel Dudleys with 'Boss' Spike started out, with the annoying, undersized snot Helms picking fights and bullying others, then when he gets in trouble, the other two come in and back him up.

Of course they'll never give these guys a real storyline like the above or any others, but whatever.