TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Banter

X-Men 3 Pictures/Preview

I think the new girl is shadowcat.

You would be right. Either that or it was Dr Taggert. Pretty sure it was Shadowcat though.

Guest JMA

Last installment of the series? Why?

Maybe they want to quit while they're ahead. You know, to prevent the inevitiable bad sequel (ala Superman IV or Batman and Robin) from happening.

Actually no, it's because they want to focus on the spin-off movies to Wolverine and Magneto. They figure they can double the profits by doing it that way and keep getting newer movies out in a year or two.

It's kind of weird to have a movie that focuses solely on Wolverine when both X-Men movies already revolved around him.

Didn't he always have the deeper and more interesting story?

I find it a little weird as well but he's really the only one with an extremely deep story.

I'm a little disappointed that I'll never see Acopcalypse on the big screen though, he was always my favorite ass kicking X-Men villian.

I've always liked Wolverine (and his backstory) but to tell you the truth I always found Magneto to be the most interesting character.

Last installment of the series? Why?

Maybe they want to quit while they're ahead. You know, to prevent the inevitiable bad sequel (ala Superman IV or Batman and Robin) from happening.

Actually no, it's because they want to focus on the spin-off movies to Wolverine and Magneto. They figure they can double the profits by doing it that way and keep getting newer movies out in a year or two.

It's kind of weird to have a movie that focuses solely on Wolverine when both X-Men movies already revolved around him.

Didn't he always have the deeper and more interesting story?

I find it a little weird as well but he's really the only one with an extremely deep story.

I'm a little disappointed that I'll never see Acopcalypse on the big screen though, he was always my favorite ass kicking X-Men villian.

I've always liked Wolverine (and his backstory) but to tell you the truth I always found Magneto to be the most interesting character.

True, but he's not an X-Men. And he's getting his own movie as well and when you think about it, this series has been all about the Wolverine story and Magneto's struggle to avoid the fate he suffered in his past.

This isn't really a spoiler since it's in the trailer. In one frame of Magneto leading his crew you can clearly see Jean walking next to him. And please tell me the nancy in the background with chainmail on isn't Gambit.

Edited by Lord of The Curry

As far as Gambit and Rogue are concerned, prior to Gambit's trial in the Savage Land for his role in the Mutant Massacre, she was depowered temporarily. It was insinuated that they fucked, and they kissed a few times before and after while Rogue was powered, one or two of which led to the Mutant Massacre revelation, I think.

The big thing about Gambit's involvement in the Massacre wasn't just the killing of a bunch of lame rejects. Yes, if that's solely what it was it would have been disappointing to us and still horrendous in the X-Men's eyes, despite his being unaware of what would happen, but the Mutant Massacre was a defining moment in the lives of the X-Men and if it weren't for Gambit it wouldn't have happened. The X-Men were hurt and angry that he was around them all this time sitting on the knowledge of what he did. It was more a violation of the trust they had in him, as well as the major ramifications it had on the X-Men which was important: the helpless slaughter of probably hundreds of innocents which they were powerless to stop, the grave, life changing injuries to a number of X-Men, the subsequent roster shake up, and helping to give rise to Sinister and Apocalypse. In that respect it wasn't a bad revelation.

This isn't really a spoiler since it's in the trailer. In one frame of Magneto leading his crew you can clearly see Jean walking next to him. And please tell me the nancy in the background with chainmail on isn't Gambit.

I haven't seen it, but it's possibly Multiple Man.

I'm kinda surprised at how small a role Cyclops has played in these movies...I mean he's only the team's field commander and all...I know you can only squeeze so much into a 2+ hour film, but he's the leader, for god's sake...

Cyclops is considered a boring character, so his face time in the movies isn't surprising. I do agree, it'd be nice to his role expanded. If only to see him use his powers more often instead once or twice in a movie.

The trailer was good. But I still don't have high hopes about the movie itself.

I don't know if I can call Cyclops BORING, per say, that's just IMO...sure he's an uptight asshole but he's been integral for the X-Men since day one and every bit as important as Wolverine to the team...but yeah, I can see why the casual audience would shit all over him having a lot of screen time, he shoots beams out of his eyes, whoopdie freaking doo...

I really never caught on to the whole wolverine love...and that's probably why I never really was into the x-men...I've always been more of an Avengers fan, I find the characters to be a lot more interesting in both personality and in their powers.

I want an Iron Man movie so bad.

I don't know if I can call Cyclops BORING, per say, that's just IMO...sure he's an uptight asshole but he's been integral for the X-Men since day one and every bit as important as Wolverine to the team...but yeah, I can see why the casual audience would shit all over him having a lot of screen time, he shoots beams out of his eyes, whoopdie freaking doo...

Cyclops as a character I don't find to be boring.

James Marsdens portrayl of Cyc is boring as fuck, though.

yeah, I wasn't sure about the idea of casting him originally, I can't quite figure out why I felt that way...he didn't seem old and mature enough, I guess, to be Scott Summers...

It didn't help that Singer downplayed his character in the first two movies as it was, in favor of the more appealing (depending on who you ask) anti-hero.

I find magneto more of a sympathetic character than Wolverine...Magneto just has justification for some of the things he does, while Wolverine is just...angry.

Unfortunately most people do prefer the anti-hero, particularly when he rips people to shreds mercilessly (While every other x-man pretty much avoids hurting/killing anybody at all...) The problem is the REST of the x-men come off as TOO straitlaced (particularly in the movies) so everyone is immediately attracted to the one character that's different.

The problem is the REST of the x-men come off as TOO straitlaced (particularly in the movies) so everyone is immediately attracted to the one character that's different.

That's probably a large part of the reason why Pyro became so popular in the second X-Men film.

I really never caught on to the whole wolverine love...and that's probably why I never really was into the x-men...I've always been more of an Avengers fan, I find the characters to be a lot more interesting in both personality and in their powers.

I want an Iron Man movie so bad.

You won't be wanting it when you see who's petitioning for the part.....

Edited by vivisectvi

I wouldn't put too much faith in this being the last X-Men flick. Maybe the last X-Men flick for a few years, but not the last ever. Too much of a cash cow.

And personally I'd be fine with Tom Cruise as Iron Man. The good parts of an Iron Man film - the action - will have him in the armor, and that will hopefully be CGI.

Let's just hope all future Marvel comics movies won't be as boring as Fantastic Four. I didn't dislike FF, I thought it was okay, but Jesus, it took them two hours to finally get to the fighting.