TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Banter

X-Men 3 Pictures/Preview

Daredevil would have been better without Elektra and with another half hour worth of story

You sound like you're describing the Director's Cut, which was actually quite good. Obviously Elektra is still there, although greatly reduced in importance, and the 30 minutes of story cut helps a lot.

yeah, I know we've discussed it here before, I've just never had the chance to replace my original copy of it on DVD...I'll have to do that one of these days...

This thread makes me want to play Marvel V Capcom 2. Not just because it's really fun, but because it's got almost as many characters as X3.

X3: Gonna Take You For a Ride.

Man, Beast's look is bugging me. I literally have bigger canines than he does in that picture.

Edited by Special K

whom?

I don't know if I am saying what the original poster intended, but every talk I've heard in the past few years for an Iron Man movie has Tom Cruise as Iron Man.

Tom Cruise was mentioned as being interested in the part (he likes the character of Tony Stark) But he was never actually connected to the movie. He'd be an ok tony stark though, not that terrible he is a good actor even with all his other faults (And he won't have to wear lifts to sit in a wheelchair or be cgi'd in an iron man suit) I feel Clive Owen would make an AWESOME Tony Stark.

as for Iron Man being scrapped, it was de-licenesed from New Line( I think it was New Line) and Marvel is going to do it themselves with their new movie division. (Which was originally supposed to include the new Captain America movie, an Avengers movie, and some others (even potentially Dr. Strange, the 2nd greatest marvel character after Iron Man :))

So it'll still happen, it's just a matter of when. And who directs it is of course gonna be the real issue. I might cry if they made a BAD iron man movie :(

EDIT: Timberlake is unacceptable. Tom Selleck...I don't really know, I'd have to see him in the role.

I could definitely deal with Clive Owen in that role!

Man, you guys are all so negative about this...

Best looks fine. He looks better than he does in the comics, that's for damn sure.

Of course they changed Juggernauts outfit. Who's costume haven't they changed. Granted, it looks like shit, but I wasn't expecting the old maroon outfit.

As for a lakc of plot- this is only the TEASER trailer. A full trailer will show much more of what's going on.

HAve a little faith, guys! A lot could happen between now and May that will celar things up!

Guest JMA

I'm really starting to believe that Ratner can pull this off. It's a good thing Singer setup the story and characters first, though.

I actually liked the trailer and if my only complaints are the outfits, I'm fine with it. Beast looked pretty damn cool to me, very well done and I'm glad he's not CGI cause I'm feeling like it's wearing out it's fucking welcome.

Juggernaut looked like he escaped from Wild Wild West though and that is never good.

I watched Fantastic Four for the first time yesterday...it's not a bad movie, though it would have been cool to see them struggle to learn and use their powers rather than suddenly becomming experts, but I understand you can only squeeze so much into a 2 hour movie...my complaint, going with what 2Gold say, was the CGI Reed Richards effects...they were awfully awfully piss poor, IMO, compared to other movies with CGI...

Juggernaut looked like he escaped from Wild Wild West though and that is never good.

What's wrong with the costume? I haven't been able to watch the teaser yet. Does he wear the helmet or what?

Man, you guys are all so negative about this...

Best looks fine. He looks better than he does in the comics, that's for damn sure.

Of course they changed Juggernauts outfit. Who's costume haven't they changed. Granted, it looks like shit, but I wasn't expecting the old maroon outfit.

As for a lakc of plot- this is only the TEASER trailer. A full trailer will show much more of what's going on.

HAve a little faith, guys! A lot could happen between now and May that will celar things up!

a] Beast looks like shit. I don't know where you get off saying he looks "better than in the comics" - which is just a stupid statement.

b] Maroon? I won't even go into this...

c] As for having faith - no thanks, I've read the script spoilers and all the FX in the world won't be able to save this pile of dung.

From what I saw, it was just Vinnie Jones with no helmet, but it looked like he had some metallic makeup in one pic.

Is the Juggernaut costume from the cartoon series the same as in the comics?

In terms of Beast he actually looks sort of cool but

the movie apparently follows the Whedon story of him trying to become human because he looks so fucked up.

Honestly, if he shaved and got a haircut he'd just be a blue guy. Considering how creepy looking they made Nightcrawler and Mystique, it's sort of odd that he looks so normal.

the movie apparently follows the Whedon story of him trying to become human because he looks so fucked up.

Honestly, if he shaved and got a haircut he'd just be a blue guy. Considering how creepy looking they made Nightcrawler and Mystique, it's sort of odd that he looks so normal.

It makes perfect sense. Plus he was human in part 2 if anyone remembers the character on TV so the mutantation would still be new and scary to him.

Second, the mutant in the second picture is damn ugly...

His mutant power is to turn success as a music video director into a career in feature films.

It makes perfect sense. Plus he was human in part 2 if anyone remembers the character on TV so the mutantation would still be new and scary to him.

help me out on this...in the comics originally, Beast was dipicted as a big man with huge feet and hands, right? At what point did he become furry and blue?

help me out on this...in the comics originally, Beast was dipicted as a big man with huge feet and hands, right? At what point did he become furry and blue?

"Some years later (in Amazing Adventures (volume 2) #11), McCoy left the X-Men after completing a doctorate in biophysics at the Xavier Institute and became a research scientist at Brand Corporation, a genetics research facility. He isolated a chemical catalyst in hope of reducing the freakish aspects of his appearance, but it instead mutated him further, as he grew gray fur all over his body (which later turned blue), and acquired sharp ears, elongated canine teeth, claws, enhanced senses and an accelerated healing factor."

Edited by vivisectvi

While working for the Brand Corporation Henry McCoy(The Beast) was working on a chemical that would reverse his mutation but instead turned him into the blue furry Beast....he wasn't in the X-Men comics at the time and I believe that it was prior to his joining the Avengers as well.... He had turned back into his old form at one point before X-Factor formed but I don't remembe how but then later reverted back as his brain was melting away from a sickness from Pestilence..but those details are fuzzy too...I can't believe I just remembered all that ...The Beast is one of the best characters in the Marvel Universe I think so I hope that the movie treats him well..

I can understand Juggernaut not having the same costume as the comic, after all, we've long moved beyond Wolverine not having his yellow outfit and spiked mask or Cyclops not having his blue+gold outfit... but what about the helmet? Without it he's easily vulnerable to Xavier's telepathic attacks.

The best part of X2 is back as well

Well, there's one official reason for no Nightcrawler, and one reason, which will remain unsaid.

The first reason is, the creative team felt that there were too many new mutants to introduce in the film, and Nightcrawler was barely in their working draft anyway, so he was cut.

Unoffical reason; Alan Cumming, the actor, HATED the makeup process and complained every chance he got. Whenever interviewed about X-men, he'd mention the makeup and what a pain in the ass it was and how he hoped Nightcrawler would fall into a vat of bleach the opening scene in the film. Also, he hated working with Bryan Singer. Rather than deal with that headache, they decided not to force him back in (as he was contracted to) for very little screentime.

That's the reasoning behind no Nightcrawler.

As for Gambit, it's a similar deal. The writers couldn't give him more than a cameo, as the storyline was going, rather than waste him, they said they'll use him 'next time' if there is one. One thing you may want to note is in an article that came out last week, LOST actor Josh Holloway said he had to turn down a role as Gambit in X3, because it would interfere with filming LOST (he also had to turn down a role in the Brad Pitt film The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford for the same reason). Meaning, Gambit was probably thought of more than the writers let on, and rather than cast someone who wasn't their top choice, they wrote the character out... that's just my take based on the Holloway interview.

Somebody on IMDB

Exactly.

Though, if you want to see this style arguement in the extreme and ridiculously hilarious category - there is someone complaining on IMDB that the actress playing Kitty Pryde isn't Jewish (since Shadowcat is Jewish) and that they wish that the "ethnicity" was kept in tact. Oookay. Now I remember why I don't go to the IMDB message boards.