TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Banter

X-Men 3 Pictures/Preview

whom?

I don't know if I am saying what the original poster intended, but every talk I've heard in the past few years for an Iron Man movie has Tom Cruise as Iron Man.

Well, Cruise is one.. but I was referring to Justin Timberlake.

I still stand by my choice of Tom Sellick as Tony Stark!

For those of you who are complaining about the disappointment with Gambit's big secret, I'd recommend reading "X-Men: The End." There's another part of Gambit's story that is one of the only reasons that the book is readable.

whom?

I don't know if I am saying what the original poster intended, but every talk I've heard in the past few years for an Iron Man movie has Tom Cruise as Iron Man.

Well, Cruise is one.. but I was referring to Justin Timberlake.

I still stand by my choice of Tom Sellick as Tony Stark!

Ugh, I never heard Timberlake. I don't mind Cruise, he's the only one I heard, but Timberlake.... bah.

I'd mark out for Tom Selleck too, especially if in one scene he throws a Hawaiian shirt over the Iron Man suit...

I wish my computer had eyeballs so I could jam a knife in them. I just spent 15 fucking minutes updating goddamned Quicktime and it *still* won't fucking play. JESUS FUCK, this makes me irate. I just wanna see Juggernaught - is that really too much to ask?

Fucking piece of shit computer.

I wish my computer had eyeballs so I could jam a knife in them. I just spent 15 fucking minutes updating goddamned Quicktime and it *still* won't fucking play. JESUS FUCK, this makes me irate. I just wanna see Juggernaught - is that really too much to ask?

Fucking piece of shit computer.

The trailer does jam up a little if you are using Firefox, you have to wait.

What browser are you trying to view it with?

And Tom Selleck would be awesome but we'll probably get someone young and worthless.

Two non-movie comments on stuff I've seen in the thread:

1) Gambit's secret.

Marvel, a few years or so before the BIG REVEAL in Uncanny #350, teased it in an issue of "What If...?" It had Rogue and Gambit on the cover, and promised to "Reveal the Biggest Secret In the Marvel Universe!" Keep in mind, "What If...?" was non-continuity, and just proposed storylines based on actual events happening differently. The "secret" at the end, was that Gambit & Rogue discovered the Marvel Universe was all a set of comic books. Heh.

2) Quote: "I really never caught on to the whole wolverine love...and that's probably why I never really was into the x-men...I've always been more of an Avengers fan"

Eh...you're probably not gonna be happy that Wolverine is an Avenger now.

Now I remember what else I wanted to say.

I don't really see the point of a Wolverine movie right now. I mean, Sabertooth, his arch-enemy, is presumably dead. I mean, sure, he has a healing factor too, so they could have him still be alive but....why? If I remember correctly, in the first X-Men movie they don't even seem like they know each other.

Besides that, the guy who gave him the adamantium is also dead. But Wolverine now knows where he got it from; isn't *that* what a Wolverine movie should've been about in the first place? Him discovering the secret of his origin and all that? I dunno, seemed like they gave away too much, if that was their plan.

Ugh, I never heard Timberlake. I don't mind Cruise, he's the only one I heard, but Timberlake.... bah.

I'd mark out for Tom Selleck too, especially if in one scene he throws a Hawaiian shirt over the Iron Man suit...

Yep, crazyness aside, I have no problem with Cruise either. I had read in a few places, though, that Timberlake was trying to get the role. This is much akin to Beyonce Knowles playing Wonder Woman, in my eyes: unacceptable.

As for Selleck. It would so rule! He looks exactly like Tony Stark, and I'm sure he could do the old-billionaire-industrialist-superhero-womanizing-alcoholic role some justice. ;)

whom?

Tom Cruise was mentioned as being interested in the part (he likes the character of Tony Stark) But he was never actually connected to the movie. He'd be an ok tony stark though, not that terrible he is a good actor even with all his other faults (And he won't have to wear lifts to sit in a wheelchair or be cgi'd in an iron man suit) I feel Clive Owen would make an AWESOME Tony Stark.

as for Iron Man being scrapped, it was de-licenesed from New Line( I think it was New Line) and Marvel is going to do it themselves with their new movie division. (Which was originally supposed to include the new Captain America movie, an Avengers movie, and some others (even potentially Dr. Strange, the 2nd greatest marvel character after Iron Man :))

So it'll still happen, it's just a matter of when. And who directs it is of course gonna be the real issue. I might cry if they made a BAD iron man movie :(

EDIT: Timberlake is unacceptable. Tom Selleck...I don't really know, I'd have to see him in the role.

Edited by jwpeer

2) Quote: "I really never caught on to the whole wolverine love...and that's probably why I never really was into the x-men...I've always been more of an Avengers fan"

Eh...you're probably not gonna be happy that Wolverine is an Avenger now.

It's a good thing I don't read the Avengers anymore :P

He was a Secret Defender though, with Dr. Strange and I didn't mind him then. The person who wrote The Secret Defenders wrote him well. He also wrote spider-man in a way that made me like him (and I hate spider-man too) ...damn that comic in general was just way well written. :)

It's hard to get into Dr. Strange though, he's a bit of a different character.

I also enjoyed the West Coast Avengers (some of the books, it could be hit or miss).

Lady Deathstrike was my favorite Wolvie villain. I'm probably WAY in the minority. I just really digged the character design.

Tom Selleck or Cary Elwes should play Tony Stark. Or the lead in Deadwood.

This film looks like a huge clusterfuck.

I could see an X-Men 4 in 6 or so years. It IS too much of a cash cow, but I dunno how it would be missing most of its actors.

EDIT: Maybe after Jackman and Berry bomb in every other movie they could come back, but Berry sucks ass, and the movies would have a really hard time w/o Ian McKellan. They would need Apocalypse, absolutely.

Edited by Special K

Vin Diesel with some blue facepaint?

Oh, and I don't like how Beast looks either. He looks like if he shaved, he's just be a blue guy. That's not terribly beastly, and sort of undercuts how he wants to be human.

Vin Diesel with some blue facepaint?

Get The Big Show with blue facepaint...I mean by the time Apoc is in an x-men movie the movies will all be terrible anyway (4th or 5th one) Might as well get someone really big to play the part, he was in that star trek episode :P

Am I the only one wanting a Thor movie? Not to mention Deadpool, but that's a long shot.

And I'd rather save up Apocalypse, so I'd bring Sinister in just before him. Maybe make X4 a Cyclops vehicle. Reduce the roster a bit (Goodbye Storm) while bringing in Havok, and have Sinister as the main villain, who reveals his interest in the Summers bloodline and his manipulations in splitting Havok up from Cyclops. Sinister and his Marauders (some new secondary villains, some familiar ones from the first three films, MAYBE Gambit) are repelled. Then at the end, similar to his comics debut in the shadows, the last moments of the film introduces Apocalypse as one of the beaten informs him of Sinister's failure.

In X5 Gambit turns on Sinister to fight with the X-Men, realizing the grim nature of Sinister's plans and the ridiculously evil ominous presence of Apocalypse as he debuts in full force. Sinister is killed by Apocalypse at some point in the film, revealing that Sinister undertook his studies in the Summers line as he thought they might be the ones to defeat Apocalypse, setting him up as the main baddie of X6. Maybe they then borrow from the cartoon, as Apocalypse plans to release some combination of the Legacy/Techno Organic virus in order to test the mutant race.

Speaking of the Wolverine movie, in addition to wasting his origin and Sabretooth already, Omega Red is in X3. So unless things remain unresolved coming out of this one, he's out. There's only two options I can really see. Focusing on the stealth ninja martial arts stuff and his battles against groups like The Hand or HYDRA that was more prevalent in the Wolverine comic, which I doubt as it would probably be unpopular. Or bring in Omega Red and Sabretooth as the antagonists (retconning that Wolverine was unaware or forgetful of his connection to Sabretooth) and yes, Deadpool in a supporting role, and exploring the Weapon X ties between all of them and Wolverine's time as a mercenary. But of course Deadpool is wishful thinking.

I thought there WAS a Deadpool movie planned at some point?

Yeah, wasn't Ryan Reynolds attached at one point as well? That is a project that got lost in the shuffle and sorta lost steam and life when Electra, Hulk and Daredevil didn't bust the bank.

Added DEADPOOL info:

David S Goyer wanted to direct the film with Ryan in the lead role. Mark Millar was asked to write the film by Goyer but he was never able to convince them to go forward with the project. Goyer went on to work on The Flash and said the following to IGN that basically showed the movie has about much chance as GHOSTBUSTERS 3

"Deadpool movie status? Don't know. I was talking to Marvel about it, but ultimately, decided to move on to other projects," Goyer advised fans.

So that's it, Goyer moved on and Marvel never let him know what they wanted. Looks like Wade isn't making his way to the big screen anytime soon.

Yeah, wasn't Ryan Reynolds attached at one point as well? That is a project that got lost in the shuffle and sorta lost steam and life when Electra, Hulk and Daredevil didn't bust the bank.

Too bad those 2 of 3 movies pretty much were craptastic in the extreme and Hulk was an average at best sort of movie with ok action scenes.

I'll reiterate, Hulk and Daredevil weren't THAT bad...

Hulk was very average.

Daredevil was terrible, mostly because of Jennifer "Man-faced terrible actress" Garner.

Hence why Electra was even worse, it was ALL her.

I liked Hulk up until the last battle, then it was just WTF???

Daredevil would have been better without Elektra and with another half hour worth of story..amazingly, Ben Affleck was NOT the worst part of that film...

They weren't great, but they weren't THAT bad!

I liked Hulk up until the last battle, then it was just WTF???

Daredevil would have been better without Elektra and with another half hour worth of story..amazingly, Ben Affleck was NOT the worst part of that film...

They weren't great, but they weren't THAT bad!

The Final battle in The Hulk reminded me too much of the final battle in the Power Rangers movie. It was just incredibly lame.

And what lost me in Daredevil was all the damn jumping. They just jumped around too damn much. I mean, it was laughable watching those CGI images bouncing around my screen. And Garner was just in the movie cause Affleck wanted to fuck her. So Mission Accomplished for Ben.

Still though, I liked Daredevil. I bought it, it was harmless. Hulk, I appreciate what he was trying to do but it just didn't come close to actually working.

Daredevil would have been better without Elektra and with another half hour worth of story

You sound like you're describing the Director's Cut, which was actually quite good. Obviously Elektra is still there, although greatly reduced in importance, and the 30 minutes of story cut helps a lot.