TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MikeJordan23

Richard Pyror Dies at age 65

Pathbreaking comedian Richard Pryor dies

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Richard Pryor, the caustic yet perceptive actor-comedian who lived dangerously close to the edge both on stage and off, has died, his ex-wife said Saturday. He was 65.

Pryor died of a heart attack at his home in the San Fernando Valley sometime late Friday or early Saturday, Flyn Pryor said.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...es/13378419.htm

Whut the dead like!?

You can ask Richard Pryor,

I know that motherfucker's life about to expire

-Violent J.....2000

damn near six years later, wow, J is psychic i swear.

Goddamn, now I'm just depressed. Though I'd agree with Atomsk, as he's been suffering for years now. At least he can now rest in peace. God bless you Richard. You where one funny Mother Fucker.

Damn it. Pryor was a comedy legend. I don't think anybody who was a kid in the 70s or early 80s went without seeing one of his movies, or hearing one of his stand-up routines.

I rewatched Superman III earlier this year, and was pleasantly surprised by how he basically carried that movie on his back. He was a real talent.

Oh shit, you're right. Now it's time to start the "Books / Songs / Video Games / Magazines / Movies / Sexual Positions that remind you of Richard Pryor" threads.

I've been listening to him on the satellite radio all morning. He was a funny guy. Not the funniest guy ever, but he had a unique way of looking at things.

He was great in Stir Crazy and Brewster's Millions (that's a bias pick for me though, I love that movie).

he is definately the best I have ever heard. I can't say best ever because I haven't been around forever, but number one in my book.

Easily the funniest man to ever walk the Earth.

Hyperbole much?

No, not really. Who would you pick?

From the past fifty years alone - John Cleese, Peter Cook, Mel Brooks, Gene Wilder, Woody Allen, Spike Milligan, Peter Sellers and Michael Palin. From the former half of the 20th century I'd say Oscar Wilde, Groucho Marx and Charlie Chaplin.

"I ain't dead yet motherfuckers!"

Yeah, well now you are Richard.

RIP to one of the funniest motherfuckers I've ever heard. You shit will be missed.

Whut the dead like!?

You can ask Richard Pryor,

I know that motherfucker's life about to expire

-Violent J.....2000

damn near six years later, wow, J is psychic i swear.

You're kidding, right? The tool was off by 5+ years ... making 'about to expire' a pretty loose translation.

And while I'd be hesitant to say Pryor was the greatest ever ... he certainly owned a few years of the 1970s.

*pours out a little liquor on his copy of Harlem Nights*

*inserts liquor drenched copy into his DVD player*

*DVD player short circuits*

RIP to a good comedian and a damn fine DVD player...

Easily the funniest man to ever walk the Earth.

Hyperbole much?

No, not really. Who would you pick?

From the past fifty years alone - John Cleese, Peter Cook, Mel Brooks, Gene Wilder, Woody Allen, Spike Milligan, Peter Sellers and Michael Palin. From the former half of the 20th century I'd say Oscar Wilde, Groucho Marx and Charlie Chaplin.

I hate to say it, but I'd actually have to agree with many of those. Groucho Marx is inarguable, probably the greatest comic America has ever produced. The Python guys did make the funniest film I've ever seen (guess which one - and it ain't the overrated Life of Brian), so I can't really contend with that either. In his prime, Allen may have been funnier, at least based on Annie Hall and Bananas. Sellers was brilliant, especially in Being There... but I wouldn't say he was funnier than Pryor.

And regardless of all that, the man is still a genius and will be sorely missed. Dave Chappelle, in particular, owes everything to him.

They get hated a lot, but I will always admire Pryor for his roles in Superman III and Critical Condition. RIP Richard, you were truly a funny guy.