TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

24: Season 5

Guest Fook

Those were quite the holy shit moments to start the season. At least Tony's still alive though.

I'm not sure about the crazy first lady storyline. There is some potential there for conflict due to the other guy (I think his name was Walt) being a traitor.

Very good scene with Jack and Wayne Palmer. We need more of that.

And when did Chloe get hot? I remember her being a lot more mouselike and annoying.

Couple of good Jack lines in the first couple of hours:

"You're the one who shot Palmer?"

*Nods* "Can you get me to a hospital now?"

*Bang*

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you!"

Two good episodes right off the bat. The Crazy First Lady plot annoyed me, but now that they seem to be going somewhere with it, it should end up good.

I've been saying since season 3 that Chloe was hot and she's only improved as the seasons have gone on.

I called Palmer getting shot when he was in front of the sliding door, but was definitely surprised at Michelle.

I forgot how much I hated Logan at the end of season 4. He's probably the stupidest character in the show's history (even dumber than Teri).

Good action so far and only two weak points for it, this makes for a good season.

Well, that was a pile of "holy shit" moments. Looks pretty solid so far. I was really surprised at how many people get full cast member billing this year--it looks like it's Jack, Audrey, Chloe, Buchanan, Edgar, President Logan, Curtis, and Tony. That's got to be the most the show has ever had. And Tony's going to be a fucking wreck when he wakes up.

Guest Fook
I never like Walt last season either. What is he anyway? (like his role in the white house?)

I think he's the chief advisor or something similar to Lynne in season 2.

I forgot how much I hated Logan at the end of season 4. He's probably the stupidest character in the show's history (even dumber than Teri).

Kim.

End of discussion.

Kim.

End of discussion.

It's a tie.

The thing is, is Walt being a "mole" really that shocking? I mean the guy went behind Logans back to try and get Jack killed last year.

I say "mole" because I think that Logan knows a hell of a lot more than being put on. I don't trust that guy.

Guest Fook

You know, the president being a villian is pretty much the one major thing they haven't done yet. I wouldn't be completely shocked if it happened.

I hope they mention, even in briefing, how President Keeler is doing.

And Yes I do agree, we do need an evil President.

It would be safe to assume that Keeler is either dead or resigned due to health problems, but yeah, it would be nice for them to acknowledge it one way or another.

And I dont think Logan has any idea of whats happening but him turning out to be the bad guy would be awesome.

Awesome way to start the season. I knew Michelle's car was going to blow up - just the way they framed it and Tony saying "she had to go somewhere."

Man, I love 24.

Man, that shit was just fucking crazy. I saw Michelle's death coming since they set it up so clearly but I was still holding out hope since she's one of my favorite 24 characters.

And both Jack and Chloe got some fucking beautiful lines tonight, with the "the only reason you're still conscious" line being a true Quote that Defines Badassedness.

Just saw the first two episodes. (I'm on the West Coast.) All I have to say is wow. 24's so much better than any other show on television that it's not even close. More happened in the first half of the premiere of 24 then happened in the last 2 1/2 months on Lost. God, I love 24.

Aside from Keeler's status, It would also be nice If they addressed what happened to Erin Driscoll. If I remember correctly, she only left for the "day" to deal with her daughter's suicide at the infamous CTU clinic. Shouldn't she still be running CTU?

So we all know by now that the First Lady's rants are probably going to mean more in the future, I'm just curious as to how she came to know the information. I don't think her knowledge about the current "threat to national security" stops at the Palmer phone call.

Couldn't Jack just go to CTU and be like "Ahh, I tried to work this morning so there is no way I could have shot Palmer." There were like 10 guys there!