TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

AMERICAN IDOl-SEASON 5: THE THREAD

Paula was in tears when they announced it.

He's gonna make it the furthest and everyone knows it.

I liked how Katharine was pretty much already setting up to start singing her song and saying good bye to Chris and just did that jaws open reaction.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

My Jaw dropped

Kat's vocal's tonight were good IMO

Taylor seems to be the favorite to overcome though.

Compelling TV

Chris looked like he found out the girl he fucked was really a man.

Not the words I would've used, but... that's pretty much the long and short of it.

"Boxer-briefs. They'll know what I'm talking about."

Not that hard to figure out, Chris.

any idea what the theme(s) for next week are?

I think when it is down to 3 they usually do three songs each. A song from a theme(no mention of what that would be), a song of their choice, and a song chosen by one of the judges.

Aren't all of like the top 12 under some type of contract? Or at least the top 6? I thought I read something like that, but maybe not.

I figured that's what happened with Bo Bice, since he was a total country rocker in the competition, and then he released a lame ass pop album last year.

There's an option on the Final Two, for certain. Don't know if there's one for the second runner-up.

The Top 12 are obligated to go on the Idol Tour, and that's it I think.

Guest Princess Leena
If anything, Leena will be happy/sad.

Kinda displeased with it...

As much as I love Kat... she sucked this week, and the last few weeks, and should have left.

But, out of the 3 guys left, I thought Chris was the weakest. Probably the weakest voice out of the 3, and his performances were always kinda boring.

Still very surprised Chris went, though... and I honestly hope Kat goes next week instead of Elliott. Elliott is my favorite to win now. He's what American Idol should be about. Some regular schmo with no significant singing experience, that keeps improving week after week, and grows into a star.

I felt bad for Chris after he was eliminated, too... you could tell he was really shocked. Kat was too. I was too, despite him being just behind Kat at Dialidol.

Guest Princess Leena
Aren't all of like the top 12 under some type of contract? Or at least the top 6? I thought I read something like that, but maybe not.

Don't quote me on this... but, I read that the Top 24 all have obligations to AI. Like, if they release their own album, or whatever, AI has some control in it.

yeah, Chris had that look like "Uh Ryan, I think you need to re-read that card."

Here's hoping Elliot doesn't choke his ass off the next two weeks...and you know Taylor is probably realizing he has to stop fucking around (which he's been doing the past 3 weeks, IMO) and get serious.

Guest Miss Indy Queen

I figured that's what happened with Bo Bice, since he was a total country rocker in the competition, and then he released a lame ass pop album last year.

The top 24 have a clause in their contract that binds them to Idol for 6 months, whereas the top 12 are binded for a year. That's why Mario Vaszuez opted out b/c he was already signing a contract for an album and bolted out when he hit the top 12.

The top 10 are the ones that are doing the idol tour.

Seacrest is AWESOME. AWESOME.

Whoa now. Not that I watch this show, but this quote or anything resembling it should never be uttered again.

For the record, they are saying that a known band is going to offer Chris their frontman position on the TV show Extra.

I totally would listen to/buy a Fuel CD w/ Chris as the singer. I always kinda liked Fuel (although their last CD was kinda ehhhh)... I feel like "Shimmer" will be a song that will still be popular or at the very least bring back good memories for a lot of people my age 10 years from now.

So, I hope it's them.

I first heard the Fuel offer three weeks ago. Chris was on a morning show this morning and said while he was flattered, he got recent offers that he is considering. Radio show "The Jersey Guys" are reporting that Creed was in attendence last night and they are the new offer.

I first heard the Fuel offer three weeks ago. Chris was on a morning show this morning and said while he was flattered, he got recent offers that he is considering. Radio show "The Jersey Guys" are reporting that Creed was in attendence last night and they are the new offer.

That's got to suck to find out if you were the lead singer in Alter Bridge.

So would they revive the Creed name or just drop that shitty singer from Alter Bridge and keep the AB name?

Both are tainted anyways but Alter Creed is probably a good fit for Chris.

Well it was Fuel that was the band to offer the position. And that's what I get for listening to the wife's show instead of giving her the usual "these guys are just Opie and Anthony ripoffs" speech.

You can find all of the performances on rickey.org

That saves you the trouble of DL'ing the whole show(s).