TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thoth

South Park Season 10 starts tomorrow

Thank God the first half of this season is over. Hands-down the worst in the show's history. Matt and Trey had better step-it-up a little by the time fall gets here.

In all fairness, alot of season 3 sucked a dick with its "gross out" subplots. And out side of the Towlie episode (and have the gore episode) the first half of the season hasn't been as bad as people are making out.

I was hoping they'd carry nice Cartman over to the next half of the season though, kinda like they did with possesed Cartman in Season 6.

Yeah, I hoping they would carry it over another episode or two.

"Trapped in the Closet," the controversial "South Park" episode that skewers Scientology and its popular proponent Tom Cruise, is hitting the airwaves again.

Comedy Central plans to air the Emmy-nominated episode on July 19. It was last scheduled to rerun in March but was abruptly pulled by the network.

The network rotates its 150 episodes of "South Park" in and out of the broadcast schedule, spokesman Tony Fox said Wednesday.

"This episode just happens to be rotating back in," he said.

The show's co-creators, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, were told in May that the episode was pulled from the schedule to appease Cruise and his partners in "Mission: Impossible III," according to reports.

"If they hadn't put this episode back on the air, we'd have had serious issues, and we wouldn't be doing anything else with them," Stone said in Wednesday's edition of the trade paper Variety.

Guest JustPassinBy

Favorite South Park episodes:

#1. Cartman gets to eat at casa bonita

#2. Cartman buys his own amusement park.

#3. Kenny on a ventilator (terry schiavo)

#4. Civil War- Cartman as Gen Lee (probably my favorite one)

#5. Cripple Fight

#6. Flora as the Kindergarten class president (2000 election).

#7. Tom Cruise trapped in the closet

#8. The one where they show Saddam in his hole, literally 3 days after the US caught him.

#9. Cartman makes Scott Tennerman eat his parents

#10. Cartman becomes best friends with Michael Jackson

"Trapped in the Closet," the controversial "South Park" episode that skewers Scientology and its popular proponent Tom Cruise, is hitting the airwaves again.

Comedy Central plans to air the Emmy-nominated episode on July 19. It was last scheduled to rerun in March but was abruptly pulled by the network.

The network rotates its 150 episodes of "South Park" in and out of the broadcast schedule, spokesman Tony Fox said Wednesday.

"This episode just happens to be rotating back in," he said.

The show's co-creators, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, were told in May that the episode was pulled from the schedule to appease Cruise and his partners in "Mission: Impossible III," according to reports.

"If they hadn't put this episode back on the air, we'd have had serious issues, and we wouldn't be doing anything else with them," Stone said in Wednesday's edition of the trade paper Variety.

Ok, the episode wasn't that fucking good. It was entertaining, but it's heavily overrated. I'd say the mormon episode is better than the scientology episode. I'd say the best thing about the scientology episode is that everyone in the credits is called John or Jane Smith probably incase anybody got sued.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

The second half of Season 10 (another 7 episodes) starts tonight with Episode 147, Make Love, Not Warcraft:

The boys dedicate their lives to defeat a mad gamer and saving the World of Warcraft.

Also, after South Park, David Cross' new show Freak Show begins tonight.

Freak Show is an cartoon series on Comedy Central featuring actors David Cross and H. Jon Benjamin.

The show chronicles a freak show, called the Freak Squad, which moonlights as a group of second-rate super heroes employed by the US government. Among the main characters are conjoined twins Tuck and Benny, the Bearded Clam, the World's Tallest Nebraskan, Primi the premature baby, and Log Cabin Republican.

Comedy Central has ordered 7 episodes for the show's first season. Cross and Benjamin will executive produce in addition to voicing various characters.

In the pilot episode, the Freak Squad travels to a remote island under embargo by the U.S. and controlled by the evil General M'Dinka Magoobi. Their mission is to replenish the President's store of perry nuts, his favorite, which can only be found on Magoobi's island.

Good stuff. I don't play WOW, but I knew enough to get all of it.

Favorite moments for me were the Hitler remark by Cartman and Randy's "death".

Was expecting them to do a Leroy Jenkins reference actually.

Looks like Trey and Matt are working towards redeeming themselves for that steaming pile of horse shit that was the first half of this season. This was far and away a vast improvement over the first half of the season. Good stuff with the constant "WoW players have no life" references, and the boys turning into fat pimply nerds. Too bad fat Kyle, Stan, Kenny, and extra-fat Cartman will most likely be back to normal next week. I'm looking forward to seeing what Trey and Matt do next with the show.

Guest Princess Leena
It's been said before and it shall be said again...but Randy Marsh is GOD.

Concurred. He made this episode great. Finally back on the right track. And I've never even played WoW.

What really got me was how spot on this whole ep was for the MMORPG scene.

"'Kyle, cast [some ice spell]!'

'I can't, its got an eight minute cooldown!'

'Aren't you specced for cooldown?'

'No, I'm an Arcane [fire something] Mage!'

'Christ...'"

Guest Princess Leena

I wanted to hear the geek with the uber character talk like that also, to himself. Oh well.

The only letdown last night was not getting to see the fat uber-nerd guy spaz out or something. I thought maybe he'd have a heart attack and die (like what happened in a real life news story last year, IIRC).

Best episode of the season.

"Bathroom!"

"Give me the sword."

Fat gamer dorks. Making fun of assholes who say "PWNED!"

Plus an 80's montage!

"We need a montage!"

Great episode last night. Randy was awesome as usual, and the ending was a thing of brillience. Also, making fun of jackoff's who say "pwned" and "noob" is always good, as I hate that kind of shit.

"Freakshow" was a mixed bag. It had it's monents, and it had Will Arnett. The political humor missed though, and it feels too much at times like it should be on Adult Swim. That out of the way, Primi the Premature Baby is disturbingly cute.

Guest cardsfan31

"We can't give the sword if a thousand truths to a newb!"

That was a funny line

I thought this episode was by far and away better than the ones from last season

The only letdown last night was not getting to see the fat uber-nerd guy spaz out or something. I thought maybe he'd have a heart attack and die (like what happened in a real life news story last year, IIRC).

I think he did die. His eyes closed and he stopped moving after the game was over.

"We can't give the sword if a thousand truths to a newb!"

That was a funny line

I thought this episode was by far and away better than the ones from last season

"....how do I hand over an item?"

I don't like WoW or any MMORPGs (what a colossal waste of time), but found most of it amusing.

Honestly, I think this was one of the best Southpark episodes altogether. It never really had a dull moment and was just funny all around. I really enjoyed it and honestly, it made me want to play WoW a little more. I haven't played it before.

Freakshow, I didn't like. I just didn't care for it. Didn't find it funny or anything. I'll still give it chance, but I didn't like the first episode.

I think he did die. His eyes closed and he stopped moving after the game was over.

That and he shit his pants (as we all know thats last thing you do before you die).

Also the way Randy said "I'm not a R-Tard" was brilliant.

I'm going to give Freakshow a chance, considering I also hated Drawn Together at first, and look how far it has come.

Considering that this show combines David Cross, Will Arnett (?) and Jon freakin' Benjamin, I have high hopes.

i forgot about it too, since I worked till 10 on weds and forgot to tape it, it will probably be on this weekend again??

YouTube, of course, has the entire episode online.

First part is linked there, look in the "related" section to get parts 2 and 3.