TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Im going to need some advice..

I disagree with lowered expecations as well. It's a bogus excuse for those who lack confidence.

I'm far from the greatest looking guy to grace this earth but you won't see me going after the lower end of the totem pole, why? Because Im secure in myself that I can (and sometimes do) pull in an above average girl.

If I can't respect myself for being with that girl, it's worthless. If you want to bang a bar slut, enjoy it but it means nothing. You accomplished zilch.

I hate to say this and Leena and the other girls will attest that they do this with guys as well...

Every girl has a value. What you "score" indicates what you represent.

You get with a 2, that means you are a 2 even if you make $1 million a year and have the perfect body.

Yeah, but you've actually been with a woman before. A dude in his late 20's that hasn't been with one needs to take baby steps. You can't run a marathon before you know how to crawl.

Guest wildpegasus

I disagree with lowered expecations as well. It's a bogus excuse for those who lack confidence.

I'm far from the greatest looking guy to grace this earth but you won't see me going after the lower end of the totem pole, why? Because Im secure in myself that I can (and sometimes do) pull in an above average girl.

If I can't respect myself for being with that girl, it's worthless. If you want to bang a bar slut, enjoy it but it means nothing. You accomplished zilch.

I hate to say this and Leena and the other girls will attest that they do this with guys as well...

You get with a 2, that means you are a 2 even if you make $1 million a year and have the perfect body.

Yeah, but you've actually been with a woman before. A dude in his late 20's that hasn't been with one needs to take baby steps. You can't run a marathon before you know how to crawl.

Eh, when I get a woman I'm forgetting about baby steps because I've got a lot of lost time to make up for. Seriously, I can't be bothered with that. I'm running the marathon right out of the gate.

But there are always good looking women (not freakin' Hollywood types) who are willing to date someone who is nice, sympathetic, and genuine. It's not that much of a stretch. You don't need to hook up with a barslut using Hawk's term to find something meaningful or substantial.

Guest wildpegasus
Too bad you keep falling on your face.

I havent had a woman yet so how have I been falling on my face?

But there are always good looking women (not freakin' Hollywood types) who are willing to date someone who is nice, sympathetic, and genuine. It's not that much of a stretch. You don't need to hook up with a barslut using Hawk's term to find something meaningful or substantial.

The guys we're talking about here lack any confidence. They don't know how to even APPROACH the kind of women you're talking about. In theory any guy should be able to get with a decent looking woman who isn't a barslut, but when you're 25+ and you haven't been in a relationship, or touched a boobie you're way behind the pace. I'm just saying that when you're in that boat it's best to start off with someone who won't completely intimidate you and make you break into a cold sweat when thinking about how to say hello.

I personally don't think these guys are capable of making something meaningful or substantial just because relationship wise they're at the same phase most of us were at when we were 14 or maybe 16, but they're roughly 10 years older. Women want men with confidence and strong decision making skills and these guys don't have that yet. That's why I'm saying they should just try to get that first date/relationship/sexual experience behind them so they'll find out that it isn't rocket science or this nearly impossible thing they've made it out to be mentally.

The guys we're talking about here lack any confidence. They don't know how to even APPROACH the kind of women you're talking about. In theory any guy should be able to get with a decent looking woman who isn't a barslut, but when you're 25+ and you haven't been in a relationship, or touched a boobie you're way behind the pace. I'm just saying that when you're in that boat it's best to start off with someone who won't completely intimidate you and make you break into a cold sweat when thinking about how to say hello.

I personally don't think these guys are capable of making something meaningful or substantial just because relationship wise they're at the same phase most of us were at when we were 14 or maybe 16, but they're roughly 10 years older. Women want men with confidence and strong decision making skills and these guys don't have that yet. That's why I'm saying they should just try to get that first date/relationship/sexual experience behind them so they'll find out that it isn't rocket science or this nearly impossible thing they've made it out to be mentally.

That's what I get for not reading the whole thread.

Still. I don't think that going out and "getting it over with" is a solution either. They have a block in place, sure, but going out and getting with any girl just to say they have isn't the answer either.

I'd try getting a small group together with the help of some friends, so that he can be in a friendlier enviroment and build up some sort of friendship with a girl before asking her out. I know that the few times I've been to a bar, I just hang out in the corner, since I'm not the type to walk up to someone and start chatting. I'm better in small groups and "getting myself over" to steal a wrestling term.

Guest Princess Leena

Meh... not really.

I believe the Ladder theory in this instance. You know what you're "rated", and if your partner is below/above you, that affects where the power is in the relationship, at least in the short term.

Also, no matter how disgusting or gorgeous a girl that some guy is with... it will always make other girls put you in higher regard. That's the only reason I think the lowered expectation stuff does have some validity.

I watch Mad TV.

Stuart and the UPS guy are the best.

I tried to mimic the "Lowered Expectations" jingle through a post and people thought I actually meant he needed to lower his expectations...Marvin just reminds of someone that would be perfect for that!

Guest Princess Leena
Massito must be the only one that has watched Mad TV

I remembered the jingle, but I wasn't sure what show.

Guest wildpegasus

Meh... not really.

I believe the Ladder theory in this instance. You know what you're "rated", and if your partner is below/above you, that affects where the power is in the relationship, at least in the short term.

Also, no matter how disgusting or gorgeous a girl that some guy is with... it will always make other girls put you in higher regard. That's the only reason I think the lowered expectation stuff does have some validity.

I remember hearing about a study they did where once you're with a girl it makes all the other girls more jealous because it's something they "can't" have so you can actually become more attractive once you're with someone else. Don't know if it's true or not but I always found that interesting.

Meh... not really.

I remember hearing about a study they did where once you're with a girl it makes all the other girls more jealous because it's something they "can't" have so you can actually become more attractive once you're with someone else. Don't know if it's true or not but I always found that interesting.

That's not a study, that's just human nature.

Lowered Expectaaaaaatioooooooons

I pretty much dont care what they look like although thats only because I know it doesnt matter.

That's the right attitude to have, only you didn't mean it in the right way.

Meh... not really.

Which is why LDS missionaries are like number 2 on the list of (collective) men that women want to bed. Chippendale's Dancers being #1.

Marv, find a friend who is in a relationship, have his girl invite a few single friends over, and have some other guys come over (no more than 10) and just chill with these girls. Just make sure not to hang in the corner, and occasionally pipe in a comment here and there. You'll meet some interesting people that way, without the stress of "going up and talking to someone."

Guest wildpegasus

Meh... not really.

Yeah, they actually did a study on this.

What Hawk is saying is that you don't need to do a study to know that women want whatever it is that they can't have. They might think you're ugly, annoying or any other negative trait one day, but once they find out you're with someone they wonder why it is that they didn't land you in the first place. Scientific studies are unnecessary to notice that because anyone with two eyes has observed the phenomenon at least a dozen times.

What Hawk is saying is that you don't need to do a study to know that women want whatever it is that they can't have. They might thing you're ugly, annoying or any other negative trait one day, but once they find out you're with someone they wonder why it is that they didn't land you in the first place. Scientific studies are unnecessary to notice that because anyone with two eyes has observed the phenomenon at least a dozen times.

Except Marvin and WP, because they never gotten to the first step to begin with, which is why WP learns about life through "studies" and what he has read via message boards.

He wouldn't understand the common nature of girls when it comes to unavaible men.

Guest wildpegasus

What Hawk is saying is that you don't need to do a study to know that women want whatever it is that they can't have. They might thing you're ugly, annoying or any other negative trait one day, but once they find out you're with someone they wonder why it is that they didn't land you in the first place. Scientific studies are unnecessary to notice that because anyone with two eyes has observed the phenomenon at least a dozen times.

Except Marvin and WP, because they never gotten to the first step to begin with, which is why WP learns about life through "studies" and what he has read via message boards.

He wouldn't understand the common nature of girls when it comes to unavaible men.

Hawk34, put your money where you mouth is. I'll put my pride up on the line.

I challenge you to make some kind of test in a new thread. You can make up all the questions you want to about women or life and I will attempt to answer them to the best of my abilities. After I'm done the test you and a few of the more knowledgable people around here can make comments and grade it. I'm up for it. Are you?

Guest wildpegasus
forget this.

All talk and no quality. Just like ROH.

I win this round buddy. That's at least two victories in a row for me now.

I do watch it BL, I do! I was about to tell Marving not to touch the barbed wire, but I didn't think anyone would get it :(

I'm running the marathon right out of the gate.

I fear for the poor girl that WP gets with for his first time.

IF WP is in any way real, you have to realize that no amount of weight lifting is going to get you play.

naiwf, in terms of my post, you may be over exaggerating what I'm saying. I'm not saying you have to LOVE a girl to get with her. I'm saying you have to like them, at least parts of them. If you fuck and ugly chick because you can, what does that say about you? What does that make you feel like?

I've said before that I've ... done ... some ... things I regret. Lets just say that I was happier being nicely shot down by some girls than hounded by others (shudder)

WP and Marvin should approach/view about getting women the same way they approach work/most things in life. I mean, say in a job, you rarely get your dream position/make CEO of a company straight away, unless its a family business etc. You usually have to start at the bottom and work your way up.

Think of this for getting women too.

Start off with some women that aren't particularly attractive/fat and probably have the same level of self esteem (maybe even less) than you do. This will help you build your confidence and you'll learn how to act around women. Gradually over time you can work your way higher up the "ladder" in terms of attractive women.