TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

What college do you go to?

The Harvard of the south. They never call Harvard the Tulane of the North.

DUDE, you go to Tulane? We got a bunch of refugees from Tulane who stayed over at RPI for the semester while New Orleans got to an acceptable level of living. I may have met a few friends of yours. I was there at the beginning of the semester to facilitate their stay and show them around campus. It was good to have them around and to see how foreigners reacted to RPI's college life.

Guest The Satanic Angel

Presently trying to decide where to go for the next four years.. the Forensic Science program at West Virginia University or the Forensic Psychology program at Fairmont State University.

Spent three years on and off at Brevard Community College in Florida and did a couple classes online from AIU Online.

Heading to one of two schools: Indiana University or Indiana University - Purdue University at Indianapolis.

McGill.

I have a shirt that at least tries to be clever about the whole "we're equivalent to Harvard" thing. It's a Harvard shirt, then at the bottom it says "America's McGill."

I really like it there. I don't go to class much, but Montreal is sick. So I guess I don't know much about the university, but I like the city.

How is Ryerson Bob? I have like four cousins that have gone there, with maybe another one going after he finishes up his college program. I heard the film program there is excellent.

Guest Vitamin X
Penn State (2 years @ a local branch campus, 2 years @ main campus).

Ah, didn't you go to college down here in Miami or something, and that's how you became a Dolphins/Canes fan?

Nope. I did a baseball roadtrip down there a couple summers ago. Maybe that's what you're thinking about?

How I became a Dolphins fan: I rooted for the Dolphins vs. the 49ers in SB XIX, and since the Eagles were horrible in the early-to-mid 80's, I just jumped ship. Been a fan of them since '84/'85.

I picked up on the 'Canes since they were in the same city as the Dolphins.

Wright State.

I am currently attending Dickinson State Univeristy in North Dakota, and this spring graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree in History Education with a political science minor.

Kent State undergrad, St. John Fisher for my masters currently

I always wondered if I should have gone to Kent St. I was accepted, and one of my best friends goes there. I still think I made the wrong choice with Miami.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I did 2 years at Ball State with about five different majors, sticking primarily with recreational chemistry.

I'm going to Indiana-Purdue Ft. Wayne this fall, majoring in a variety of Earth and space sciences.

Sierra College (Junior College) (4 years for two friggin AA's)

California State University, Sacramento (2nd year, with around 2 more years to go for the BA)

It's been a long and tedious road.

University of Michigan-Ann Arbor( I add that, because most people who I meet back home assume I go to Flint or Dearborn-based off how much I can drink). Could have went to USC,Princeton, Texas, or UVA, but I chose to stay in-state and pay out of my ass. USC was offering me a sweet deal where I would have to only pay like $3,000 more than I pay to go here, but I've always wanted to be a Wolverine since I can remember. I love the researching here, even though I keep getting dicked over when I try to get some undergrad research jobs

After this its either School of Public Policy here or Law School wherever I get in

7th year @ Nicholls State University (Thibodaux, LA) and wrapping up my second B.A. in May. (B.A. Government/Political Sciene 2003, B.A. History 2006)

I'm currently in the market for a graduate school.

Penn State and Missouri State have both sent booklets to me and UNO is an attractive local option except the recent hurricane season has really started to turn me off as far as Louisiana schools go, especially with the budget vacum sucking money away from high education.

I start University of Tennessee in Martin in August. Went one semester to Jackson State Community College. Was suppsed to go to UTM last year, but I wrecked my car and needed to pay off that debt before I started school.

I'm suprised at how many people are sitting in school for their Masters rather than doing the BA, working and getting some experience and then going for their Masters.

I did 2 years at Ball State with about five different majors, sticking primarily with recreational chemistry.

I'm going to Indiana-Purdue Ft. Wayne this fall, majoring in a variety of Earth and space sciences.

I have a sister thats going to grad school at Ball State, hopefully she stayed away from you and your "recreational chemisty" projects.

I'm suprised at how many people are sitting in school for their Masters rather than doing the BA, working and getting some experience and then going for their Masters.

In my case, I only ended up doing that because of a particular program. I got through the first half of my M.A. during the 4th year of my B.A., so I was able to finish it up in just one more year. Otherwise, yeah--though I can definitely see how people interested in the math or science end of things want to get the M.A. or Ph.D. right off the bat.

Guest Vitamin X

I wonder if that's what I should do after obtaining my BFA in Film. I guess I'm a bit scared of the real world taking up all my possible time paying back loans and whatnot before getting into a Master's program at a higher-tier college, but I'm also thinking what route would be most advantageous.

I don't think I'm getting my BFA for another two years or so, maybe sooner, maybe much later (especially if I decide to pursue my second BFA in Advertising as well)

The advertising would probably be smart as it gives you a real world education (not that the rest isn't), to get a job in marketing or something while going for your masters/finding a job in film.