TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

Guest Smues

Apparantly another season of Stump the Blob starts soon on ESPN Classic. Go figure now that I actually get ESPN Classic again the channel is god awful.

Guest Princess Leena

It's been awful for years. The only reason I still have it is Cheap Seats.

It's been awful for years. The only reason I still have it is Cheap Seats.

I moved this last month so I no longer get ESPN Classic. How have the new episodes of Cheap Seats been since the end of July?

Guest Princess Leena

Better. Cheap Seats has finally gotten their formula down better. More making fun of the shows they're watching. Less lame skits with the Sklar's comedy pals.

The only negative is too many shows on stupid sports shows, and Steve Garvey-ish stuff.

Cool, thanks for the update. The trouble with moving to a small town for a job means not having good tv channels. Strangely enough in this small town me recently got the NFL Network so it is a tradeoff of sorts.

Guest Princess Leena

That's an improvement for ESPN, so I can see your dilemna.

Whitlock was a worthless fat piece of shit.

Guest Princess Leena

Only in their race baiting.

Except Scoop is the "philosophical oppressed black man" who's stuck with non-stop fluff pieces that I couldn't care less about.

Whitlock is one of your many sports writers who knows little about sports, and only has his job because he's a loudmouth that says stupid things (usually lies) to stir shit up.

Guest Princess Leena

Yeah.

The worst is when he seriously compared Andre Agassi taking cortizone shots to Barry Bonds taking steroids.

Guest Felonies!

So he's a big fat black Skip Bayless.

I cannot say this out loud. It keeps coming out as Sklip.

Yeah.

The worst is when he seriously compared Andre Agassi taking cortizone shots to Barry Bonds taking steroids.

That's bad, but not "Lance Armstrong is not a athlete" bad.

These new commercials about how it's Monday, and it's only 7 days away from next Monday's game of MNF. Now, it's Tuesday, only 6 days away, then Wednesday is 5, Thursday is 4 etc. It's only week 4 and I'm already sick of those stupid ads.

Guest Princess Leena

I was sick of them in the preseason.

Note to ESPN: SNF is now the real game of the week. Stop trying. Just show your 2nd rate game and shut up.

I love baseball and hockey even more since I stopped watching ESPN.

It was hard at first, since there aren't many 24/7 sports channels. All you need is Extra Innings/Center Ice and an internet connection.

Guest Felonies!

Hey now, Leena, I have in fact been waiting all week for the talent-deficient Green Bay Packers to play the controversy-deprived Philadelphia Eagles! This game has serious implications!

Guest Princess Leena

Oh, there's controversy. Donovan F. McNabb didn't call 2 to comfort him. I think it's fair to say he's a murderer.

Guest Paul
Was it ever really alive to begin with, though?

Mel Kiper Jr was the oly one who used it. Then, it messed up his dag gon' top 10! :(

I was watching PTI the other day and they showed this great clip from some bush-league racing circuit where a guy got pissed and did a running dropkick to another guy's windshield. Tony called it "WWF-like" which bothered me. Not because it disses wrestling, though. I know real people don't care about wrestling and all that jazz, but in four years, you'd think they could catch on to the fact it's WWE now. Talk to Bill Simmons or something, jeez.