TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

TSM 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

Guest NYankees

I wonder how the guy who bet 300 dollars on the Lakers winning tonight feels. I bet Fat Paulie and Tony are going to be after him tommorow.

All L.A. had to do was foul Marion and Thomas out in the second half, but they blew it. Props to Tim Thomas for earning his entire career worth of paychecks in this series.

Nash as the "Closer" when Thomas hit the two biggest shots of the game makes about as much sense as Smush seeing any playing time in Game 7. Vujacic plays no 'D' either, but at least the dude can hit A shot.

Since I won't be home on Saturday night, does anyone know when Clippers/Suns Game 1 is?

Guest NYankees
Lakers win game 7, but at least the Suns pushed it that far.

You do know that they play the game on the court in Phoenix on Saturday and not in your head. It's either that or you have better predictions than Lady Cleo. You should seriously quit your day job and make a living based off of your predictions.

I've said all along that Kobe can't win by himself. Tonight proved that. If Phil doesn't get the Lakers back to the strategy they were using in games 1-4, this series ends with a blowout.

Guest Smues

Yeah I'm so sure I'll be the only person to predict the Lakers will win game 7.

I know the Lakers loss is going to be blamed on Kobe taking the shots, but the fact is that it's just not true. The Lakers lost this game because they couldn't play defense, (and to a lesser extent) because Smush Parker fucked up repeatedly all night long. Kobe made damn near everything he took, but when you let the Suns score on the pick and roll about 98% of the time they run it, you're not going to win the game, period.

I mean really, Devean George is about the most consistent clutch shooter the Lakers have after Bryant and he couldn't even make a free throw. If anyone else was taking the shots at the end, it just would have made things worse.

Just a friggin' amazing game. Phoenix gave this game everything they had and pulled out all the stops necessary to win while Kobe threw everything he had to try to close out this series.

I'm not sure what to expect for Game 7 but I've always said that if the Suns could force a Game 7 they would win this series since this was essentially a Game 7 situation for the Lakers tonight. If the Suns play like they have in Games 5 and 6 then they should win this series. However, if the Lakers can exploit their size advantage more in the next game anything is possible.

Big props to both teams for putting on a helluva game and for contesting one helluva series.

I wonder how the guy who bet 300 dollars on the Lakers winning tonight feels. I bet Fat Paulie and Tony are going to be after him tommorow.

Actually, it was $450. I'm going to play some poker, and see if I can get some of it back tonight, and then this sounds crazy, but I'm probably going to bet on the Lakers again in Game 7. Everybody's going to be on the Suns bandwagon now, and they'll probably be a huge favorite, but I really can't imagine Phil letting Smush Parker kill the Lakers again with the series on the line. If he plays more than 20 minutes in Game 7, I'll be quite surprised.

No, I'll take them. By 5.

I know the Lakers loss is going to be blamed on Kobe taking the shots, but the fact is that it's just not true. The Lakers lost this game because they couldn't play defense, (and to a lesser extent) because Smush Parker fucked up repeatedly all night long. Kobe made damn near everything he took, but when you let the Suns score on the pick and roll about 98% of the time they run it, you're not going to win the game, period.

I mean really, Devean George is about the most consistent clutch shooter the Lakers have after Bryant and he couldn't even make a free throw. If anyone else was taking the shots at the end, it just would have made things worse.

No, it isn't true. The Lakers were playing with 5 men on the court, but the fact is that Kobe was 2 of them. Smush Parker is a goddamn idiot, piece of shit excuse for a basketball player. The Lakers shouldn't have lost this game.

OK, Mr. Kobe better get the job done tonight. After not betting more than $130 on a game throughout the playoffs, I bet $150 on the Lakers with the spread, and then bet another $300 on the moneyline, so that I'll at least break even if they only win by one or two. They've got the pivotal game of the series at home with Raja Bell on the sideline, so I really don't see who I could get a much better situation than this.

Ouch.

Didn't you put a lot of money on LSU once they got to the Final 4 too?

Guest NYankees

I bet you also predicted the Braves to win games 3,4,5 and 6 in 1996 and 1,2,3 and 4 in 1999. :).

Guest NYankees

I must have missed it but what did Parker do that was so horrible for every Laker fan to blame the loss on him?

Supporting the Suns through this series has reminded me of my support for my Utah Jazz in the 1996 Western Conference Final against the Seattle SuperSonics when we were down 3-1 and forced a Game 7 that we lost in a heartbreaker. I hope this time there's a different ending.

If not for smush this series would be over.

The lakers CHOKED on this one. Give the ball to odem and brown on the block and they are off to round two.

I expect a hell of a game saturday.

Kwame: 8/9, Odom: 8/14. Gee maybe they should have stuck to phil's gameplan of pounding it to the inside man, especially during crunch time.

Lakers were regular season Lakers tonight all the way. simply not playing the way they played in games 1-4.

I must have missed it but what did Parker do that was so horrible for every Laker fan to blame the loss on him?

He played no defense, missed every shot he took, and passed up wide open shots down the stretch because he had no confidence. LA was playing 4 on 5 whenever he was in the game. You and I had about as much of an impact in a positive way as he did tonight.

Guest NYankees
Supporting the Suns through this series has reminded me of my support for my Utah Jazz in the 1996 Western Conference Final against the Seattle SuperSonics when we were down 3-1 and forced a Game 7 that we lost in a heartbreaker. I hope this time there's a different ending.

One of the big differences is that I am pretty sure Seattle had homecourt in game 7. They won like 64, 65 games that year so I am sure of it. Phoenix has homecourt in game 7 and forced game 7 by winning on the road in game 6.

Guest Smues

I bet you also predicted the Braves to win games 3,4,5 and 6 in 1996 and 1,2,3 and 4 in 1999. :).

1. What the fuck does that have to do with this series?

2. Wrong.

Kobe Bryant: 20-35 including 5-8 from beyond the arc and he took about 8 of those with the shot clock under 3.

Trust me, he wasn't the problem.

Kwame: 8/9, Odom: 8/14. Gee maybe they should have stuck to phil's gameplan of pounding it to the inside man, especially during crunch time.

Lakers were regular season Lakers tonight all the way. simply not playing the way they played in games 1-4.

They couldn't play the way they played in the earlier games, due to Nash being able to run around without having to cover Parker. Kobe down the stretch was the sole reason it went to overtime.

God, they fucking blew it.

One of the big differences is that I am pretty sure Seattle had homecourt in game 7. They won like 64, 65 games that year so I am sure of it. Phoenix has homecourt in game 7 and forced game 7 by winning on the road in game 6.

That is true. I'm not saying the two series are totally similar. I'm just saying that the Suns comeback from the 3-1 deficit made me think about that series ten years ago.

Major props to Kobe and Nash in this game. Kobe for the pts. and Nash for the minutes, that guy is a machine in this series by playing 45+ minutes tonight. Makes me wonder if he'll have anything left in the tank if the Suns happen to win Game 7.

Clippers have to be licking their chops right now...

I trust that the Lakers will win on Saturday.

Smush Parker will not see more than 12 minutes of playing time, and Sasha will be starting.

If they don't.....well, I guess I'll just have to wait for the players to develop. Baby steps, I guess.

Do you have a point you're trying to make?

Awesome game tonight, but yea, living on the East Coast sucks.

I guess it's funny getting so into these first round games when I probably won't bother watching a second of the Finals when Detroit plays San Antonio again.

Guest NYankees

Do you have a point you're trying to make?

Awesome game tonight, but yea, living on the East Coast sucks.

My point is that Smues has zero credibility when it comes to Predictions. So go cry over your braves Bob. I hate when people make stupid predictions like the Lakers are going to win on Saturday without offering reasons why they are making that Prediction. Plus it wasn't even a prediction by Smues it was a statement. The lakers are going to win on Saturday! Last time I checked they play the game on the court and not in smues head.