TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

The WWE Backlash '06 Thread...

WWE Championship Triple Threat Match

Champion John Cena Vs. Triple H Vs. Edge (with Lita)

Shawn Michaels & "God" vs. Mr. McMahon & Shane McMahon

Winner Take All - WWE Intercontinental Championship Vs. Money in the Bank Briefcase

Champion Shelton Benjamin vs. "Mr. Money in the Bank" Rob Van Dam

Kane vs. The Big Show

WWE Women's Championship

Mickie James vs. Trish Stratus

Carlito vs. Chris Masters

Ric Flair vs. Umaga (with AA Estrada)

Picks:

Cena

McMahons

RVD by DQ

Kane

Mickie

Masters

Flair

I can guarantee RVD will not be walking out with the IC belt but will keep the MitB by DQ. There's no sense in WWE taking the IC belt off Shelton yet, and there would be no point to ONS if RVD wasnt challenging for the gold after all the hints he's been dropping, and the now-confirmed ONS poster.

Might be an ok show, will definately order it to see how it goes.

Even though the finish of the main event appears to have been leaked this past week in the WON, I still wouldnt put it past Vince changing up the finish last minute. Plus there should be an incredible amount of heat in that match, and I'd expect a really good three way, workrate wise, too.

McMahon match - probably some lame finish like Vince and/or Shane taking a big bump when some pyro goes off courtesy of "god"

I'd expect Benjamin to go over Van Dam tonight, leading to a MITB ladder match rematch upcoming on Raw, maybe even as soon as tomorrow night. So Benjamin can basically successfully defend his title, but by the end Van Dam will still have MITB after beating him in a rematch ONLY for MITB.

The rest of the undercard is hit or miss. Looking forward to the women's match - and the others not so much, but they all have some sort of tests in them, such as can Kane and Big Show actually have a creative match with each other (I think every match they've had in the past has completely sucked), what kind of chemistry does Masters and Carlito have one on one, and if Ugawa or whatever his name is can be carried to a solid bout by Flair.

I think the ME will be really fun. 3-way matches tend to be good anyway, and the crowd should be especially hot for this one.

Shawn Michaels better get a win. He has looked retarded and inept ever since this feud began, save for the WM match. The least he can get for going through with this god-awful (lol) program is a ppv win. Shane McMahon is 2nd least favorite person in WWE right now.

I really hope Shelton and RVD were just dicking around during their recent Raw matches and have the super-fun spotfest they should be able to have. Could be really fun, or another disappointment. I hate the stipulation here, as it pretty much necessitates a DQ finish.

Mickie and Trish will hopefully have another very solid match and build from the WM encounter. If they blow this off with Mickie going over in strong fashion (maybe even "injuring" Trish), this has to be feud of the year. Come on, writers, you've gotten this angle near perfect for the last 6 months, don't fuck it up now.

The other matches really aren't important. Carlito needs to win to establish credibility as a face. Umaga needs to win to maintain what little heat he has. Kane should win since it looks like he's getting the movie push. Match quality will likely be average to below average in all cases.

According to Meltzer, Jim Ross will be announcing Backlash and will take over as the lead announcer on Raw either tomorrow night or within a few weeks at the most.

I have to assume this relates to the decision to make ECW a new brand; Styles will likely take over the ECW brand and Ross has to come back in to announce the vacated Raw.

According to Meltzer, Jim Ross will be announcing Backlash and will take over as the lead announcer on Raw either tomorrow night or within a few weeks at the most.

I have to assume this relates to the decision to make ECW a new brand; Styles will likely take over the ECW brand and Ross has to come back in to announce the vacated Raw.

Christ, they haven't even pulled the trigger on the ECW angle and they are already kicking Joey to the curb and bringing back past it Ross.

Backlash is tonight?[/obligatory comment mode]

Thing is this time that really WAS my reaction. I totally forgot Backlash was on tonight, bit sad though because the entire PPV has a pretty good build-up. My prediction is Cena retains... :(

Can we not post what the WON says the finish will be for tonight's main event? I'm sure a lot of people will not have read it and won't want to considering there isn't long to wait to see what happens. Thanks.

I'm pretty excited for the triple threat match tonight, haven't felt this was about a WWE main event in quite some time. I've really enjoyed the interaction between all three men the last month. I'm really hoping for Cena to drop the title tonight though, I feel it would really help curb the heel heat he's getting by simply not being champ.

I'm predicting a Striker vs Haas match being either the Heat match, or last minute addition to the main show.

Can we not post what the WON says the finish will be for tonight's main event? I'm sure a lot of people will not have read it and won't want to considering there isn't long to wait to see what happens. Thanks.

Go to the ONS thread, I posted it in there yesterday. Nobody has even put it in this thread at all. And nobody has blatantly posted it for all to see, its in spoilers tags in there.

I only know Backlash is tonight because the pay-per-view is at Rupp Arena. However, I have to study for finals in Bowling Green at WKU so I couldn't make the show which really blows since pay-per-views don't come here very often.

I'm thinking the KY crowd is going to be super markish and be solidly behind Cena, ruining some of the fun of the ME.

What I'm hoping for i the McMahons vs. HBK and God is for them to go over the top with the pyro stuff doring the match. Suddenly, the lights go out, some church music starts to be played, and a beacon of light illuminates the enterance. Out comes an old guy with a beard and robe to play God, who tags himself into the match and lays down for Vince.

Maybe they'll announce the new Raw GM tonight. After all, it's the first Raw-only PPV since Bischoff was fired.

Or maybe I just can't believe they'd fuckin' FORGET ALL ABOUT THAT.

Or maybe I just can't believe they'd fuckin' FORGET ALL ABOUT THAT.

Especially after actually showing Dusty Rhodes on tv to build up the announcement.

I wish they would drop the whole GM stuff on both shows. Teddy Long is tolerable because he's pretty much fair impartial as a character, but I don't think we need to see a GM every week. I liked it better when they'd only bring out the Comish to settle a big contraversy.

Maybe they'll announce the new Raw GM tonight. After all, it's the first Raw-only PPV since Bischoff was fired.

Not that I blame you for forgetting New Year's Revolution..but that was the first PPV since Bischoff was fired