TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Longdogger_Pete

Getting married in less than 12 hours...

I've got a kind of mixed reaction here:

On one hand, I wasn't here for all the drama with your fiancee and whoever else was involved, so I don't have any of the baggage inhibiting me from wishing you both happiness that some others may.

... On the other hand, I may be the only person in this fed that's ever actually *been* married before, and I'm not particularly a fan of the concept at this particular moment, so I feel compelled to advise you to CYA. Don't assume that it's going to last forever, no matter how strong your feelings are right now; just don't set yourself up for a fall, if you know what I mean.

Sorry if I'm all bitter and jaded and everything; I do hope that you two will be happy.

- Dub Cee

Christ,i've been with my g/f six years and we aren't married yet...

Enjoy, Pete.

(...my fiancee had drama on here?)
Well, that had always been my understanding... she used to be around here as Sydney Sky, yes? I'd been led to believe that there was drama between her and at least two other people here...

Guest The Satanic Angel

Pete, I would have been the one to stand up at your wedding and say my piece. You deserve so much better than Sydney Sky.

EDIT: There's your drama.

...what's with the sudden bit of assholeism on everyone's part?

WC, maybe your marriage didn't work out, but now you have a kid, don't you? Isn't that worth the marriage alone?

Sarah, maybe you don't like Sydney, but Pete loves her enough to marry, so why the fuck not?

...goddamnit, all I did was add to the drama.

...yeah. Thanks for those encouraging (?) words.

(...my fiancee had drama on here?)

There's drama wherever I go, pumpkin. Don't worry about it!

Mmmm... pumpkin.

Make sure you don't get her pregnant or anything. Don't want a kid running ar.... oh.

Guest Princess Leena

Good luck.

Hope you're having much fun on your honeymoon. :)

In all seriousness, congratulations Pete. As one of the few on here who is still married (10 years in June), let me tell you that it is the best thing that ever happened to me. I hope you find all the happiness that you hope for and this is the one and only time you walk down the aisle.

Cheers!

... On the other hand, I may be the only person in this fed that's ever actually *been* married before, and I'm not particularly a fan of the concept at this particular moment, so I feel compelled to advise you to CYA. Don't assume that it's going to last forever, no matter how strong your feelings are right now; just don't set yourself up for a fall, if you know what I mean.
Yikes! From a guy that's been married five and a half years now I gotta say "it's all about finding the right woman" - it's got everything to do with the people involved and nothing to do with the concept of marriage.

My advice is to "UCHA" or "Uncover her ass" and as much as possible ;) running around naked at home is the secret to marital bliss after all.

I know I'm late and all (and I assume she didn't run out on you) but congratulations anyways

Well, I'm back in town. Not ready to be booked yet, but I'm more or less here.

I have to say though, I'm shocked at some of the posts that were made in this thread in my absence. Let's take a look at some of them now, and see what I've been missing.

Whoa. For a second there you sounded exactly like my brother. I don't listen to him either.

Well, that had always been my understanding... she used to be around here as Sydney Sky, yes? I'd been led to believe that there was drama between her and at least two other people here...

Perhaps there were issues between her and one or more others here, but as far as I'm aware, all involved parties have had the good sense to keep their issues private and off the boards...

EDIT: There's your drama.

...that is, until now!

Pete, I would have been the one to stand up at your wedding and say my piece.

Yes, I'm very sure you would have. This is why you weren't invited.

You deserve so much better than Sydney Sky.

What, like you? No thanks; I've seen how some of your relationships turn out.

Sarah, maybe you don't like Sydney, but Pete loves her enough to marry, so why the fuck not?

Thanks, dude. I may have teased you a bit in the past, but you're a good kid.

Pretzler and LDP are having BUTT sekz!

Bitter much? Setting aside the fact that I don't even know who Pretzler is, I find your random childish attempt at humor really lacking.

In all seriousness, congratulations Pete. As one of the few on here who is still married (10 years in June), let me tell you that it is the best thing that ever happened to me. I hope you find all the happiness that you hope for and this is the one and only time you walk down the aisle.

Well, since she's someone I've known for eight years and have lived with for five, I'm absolutely confident that I've found the right person. Thank you.

This wasn't quite the direction I expected this thread would take, but I guess knowing some of you, perhaps I should have expected it.

For the record, the wedding coupled with the honeymoon were a dream week, easily the best week of my life so far. Sydney and I are in the process of working to get pictures from both events online soon, but after the lack of respect from some people here, I don't think we'll be making them publicly available. (If you're genuinely interested in seeing them, please ask in a PM - and I'll consider it.)

That's all from my soapbox for tonight.

Guest The Satanic Angel
You deserve so much better than Sydney Sky.

What, like you?

No, not like me. I'm sure that's one of the ideals that Sky has impressed on you about me, that I tried to break you two up because I wanted you. That's laughable. I'll give you a moment to let your head deflate.

I do regret speaking up. I knew nothing would come of it aside from my apparent mean streak. I'm sorry my opinion hurts. In the future, I will keep it to myself regarding your wife (congrats, by the way).

I've seen how some of your relationships turn out.

I'd like to know what exactly you think of how some of my relationships turned out, seeing as you got ZERO information from me about how they turned out. I wonder what kind of misconstrued information you did receive..

Whoa. For a second there you sounded exactly like my brother. I don't listen to him either.
Pete, I did not mean to offend. I'm not wishing bad on your marriage; It's just that I'm recently out of a particularly bad 7-year marriage, and I'm a little (read: a fucking lot) anti-marriage right now... But, I shouldn't have rained on your parade, and I apologize.

- Dub Cee

Congrats to you both.

Glad to hear things are well so far, and hope they continue as such.

For the record, the wedding coupled with the honeymoon were a dream week, easily the best week of my life so far. Sydney and I are in the process of working to get pictures from both events online soon, but after the lack of respect from some people here, I don't think we'll be making them publicly available. (If you're genuinely interested in seeing them, please ask in a PM - and I'll consider it.)

That's all from my soapbox for tonight.

Congratulations to both of you. I'm glad it went well. What did you do for the honeymoon, if I can be so bold?