TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kobe24KGold

New match added to ECW: One Night Stand

Has anyone suggested the possibilty of a Dean Malenko vs Kurt Angle ECW match? Is it even feasible?

I don't know if Dean Malenko would agree to it. I believe he was pretty upset at the fact that WWE planned to cancel his match against Chris Benoit before Benoit's injury.

I'm sorry that so many of you hate John Cena, but he is way more marketable than anyone else right now. Now that he isnt up against Triple H every week, he will continue to get people to jump back on his bandwagon. Other than ECW ONS, I dont see RVD being cheered over Cena. Most people go to a WWE show to watch and root for WWE.

It seems to me that the WWE is trying to put ECW over as the faces because of JR supporting them during his comentary. I think that most people will continue to cheer for the WWE however. A lot of the time, the way JR talks about a certain superstar will make most fans percieve him as a face or heel.

It's just my opinion. To those of you who hate Cena because of his ring skills, get over it. Wrestling isnt about wrestling anymore. It's entering more and more into mainstream society so ring skills dont matter anymore.

I'm sorry that so many of you hate John Cena, but he is way more marketable than anyone else right now. Now that he isnt up against Triple H every week, he will continue to get people to jump back on his bandwagon. Other than ECW ONS, I dont see RVD being cheered over Cena. Most people go to a WWE show to watch and root for WWE.

It seems to me that the WWE is trying to put ECW over as the faces because of JR supporting them during his comentary. I think that most people will continue to cheer for the WWE however. A lot of the time, the way JR talks about a certain superstar will make most fans percieve him as a face or heel.

It's just my opinion. To those of you who hate Cena because of his ring skills, get over it. Wrestling isnt about wrestling anymore. It's entering more and more into mainstream society so ring skills dont matter anymore.

In ring skills matter to those who have watched wrestling for quite a while. Of course Mic skills are important, but wrestling is still wrestling, the quality of the matches are what are important.

I'm sorry that so many of you hate John Cena, but he is way more marketable than anyone else right now. Now that he isnt up against Triple H every week, he will continue to get people to jump back on his bandwagon.

Yeah because people just loooooooove Triple H. Sorry all I hear for Cena when he comes out is the high-pitched yells and screams of would-be rats scattered throughout the arena.

And I won't lie, wrestling isn't JUST about how well you can work a match, however there is a reason that SOME matches have a lot of heat during the ring entrances, but then die during the actual match, because the wrestlers CAN'T WORK. The crowd basically kills themselves watching punchy/kicky/resthold matches.

I'm sorry that so many of you hate John Cena, but he is way more marketable than anyone else right now. Now that he isnt up against Triple H every week, he will continue to get people to jump back on his bandwagon.

Yeah because people just loooooooove Triple H. Sorry all I hear for Cena when he comes out is the high-pitched yells and screams of would-be rats scattered throughout the arena.

I agree. The crowd as a whole is behind Triple H more than they are Cena.

In ring skills matter to those who have watched wrestling for quite a while. Of course Mic skills are important, but wrestling is still wrestling, the quality of the matches are what are important.

I dont want you guys to get the wrong idea. I have watched wrestling for as long as I can remember. I was born in 1987 and started watching it in 1991 when Hogan won the royal rumble. I havent stopped since. And believe me, no one appriciates a great quality match like myself. I would love to see William Regal and Finlay get pushes, but the fact is Vince doesnt look for in ring talent anymore. He is trying to draw everyone into wrestling. Chris Masters and John Cena are there to attract a female fan base and its working prety well. It's not that I think Cena is a great wrestler, but he is surely the most watched wrestler in the WWE. I know he isn't Chris Benoit and I know he isnt The Rock on the mic, but nowadays the WWE desperate to find another big superstar to replace Stone Cold and it seems as if Cena is the best thing around in terms of popularity.

Yeah, because it's not like the fans rabidly cheered Kurt Angle over him or anything.

Oh wait...

Sabu vs. Rey just completely sold me on ordering One Night Stand II. I know Sabu isn't what he once was and either is Rey, but seeing those two fight is definitely better late than never. I love the fact that Sabu and RVD are both going for world titles, as they both were my two favorite wrestlers in ECW.

Which arena was that?

The Colonial Theater in Sacramento, home of the TWF.

Um...let's not forget that right now shows are being produced in areas of the country where there is a higher mark to smark ratio

Yeah they run the last three weeks in Dayton, Philly, and NY. The crowd reaction is exactly the opposite of what it was.

It was Cena's skills, or lack of them, that helped turn people against him. When the people saw him beating people who were clearly far more talented in the ring it made hating him easier, because they felt him undeserving and felt Cena was being pushed down their throats. If Cena was capable of looking even half way as talented as the likes of Jericho, Angle or Michaels, it might not have been so bad, but they could see Cena was nowhere as talented in the ring, and they reacted accordingly. Ring skills might not matter as much as they used to, but when you're facing guys who the fans see as very talented workers, and you're always beating them, you better be at least talented enough to hang with them, or the fans will turn on you in a heartbeat.

Hogan wasn't the greatest technician alive, but he at least was credible enough, and had enough knowledge in the ring for people to buy into. But yeah, the Rocky Balboa act isn't cutting it anymore. With Hogan he "Hulked Up" which got the crowd into it, and made for some logic behind his comeback.

Cena just flips the switch, and BOOM. Match over with his Squeeze the Face U.

It was Cena's skills, or lack of them, that helped turn people against him. When the people saw him beating people who were clearly far more talented in the ring it made hating him easier, because they felt him undeserving and felt Cena was being pushed down their throats. If Cena was capable of looking even half way as talented as the likes of Jericho, Angle or Michaels, it might not have been so bad, but they could see Cena was nowhere as talented in the ring, and they reacted accordingly. Ring skills might not matter as much as they used to, but when you're facing guys who the fans see as very talented workers, and you're always beating them, you better be at least talented enough to hang with them, or the fans will turn on you in a heartbeat.

Actually I don't think it was his weak mic skills, it was really his mic skills that got him to turn face in the first place. It was however that Cena was beating people with a few moves are getting his ass handed to him that started making his current run with the title and being a face, stale as all fuck. I think it really started at Wrestlemania 21 when basically JBL controlled their entire match, then all of a sudden Cena hit the FU and it was over.

And Pong.....do we really have to make you our new "RAWMVP"?

Actually I don't think it was his weak mic skills, it was really his mic skills that got him to turn face in the first place. It was however that Cena was beating people with a few moves are getting his ass handed to him that started making his current run with the title and being a face, stale as all fuck. I think it really started at Wrestlemania 21 when basically JBL controlled their entire match, then all of a sudden Cena hit the FU and it was over.

And Pong.....do we really have to make you our new "RAWMVP"?

umm...Im sorry guys, Im actually really new at doing this so im not familiar with your forum terms and phrases. So you're going to have to explain what a RAWMVP is.....

umm...Im sorry guys, Im actually really new at doing this so im not familiar with your forum terms and phrases. So you're going to have to explain what a RAWMVP is.....

RAWMVP was a former poster, I'm sure many of the other members can fill you in.

RAWMVP was a former poster, I'm sure many of the other members can fill you in.

K, lets fill me in on who RAWMVP was...from the sounds of things so far, I probably dont want to be like him

Guest Princess Leena

Stop being so whiny.

Shut up and pay your dues, n00b.

Stop being so whiny.

Shut up and pay your dues, n00b.

k....ill get right on that.

Rule one, don't listen to Leena.

Rule two, We've Cena Nuff.

Rule three, Rey wins after Sabu botches a move.

Also, just a sidenote, while I think that Angle should win the ECW title eventually, I don't think he should be the guy to win it off RVD (who by all accounts should be the first Champion of the New Era) either. Rekindle the Sabu/RVD feud that was brewing for all of thier tag teaming, and let Sabu have a third run, only to be cut short by the new Taz, Angle.

Now I want Tatanka vs. Tanaka at the WWE vs. ECW special just to see JR go insane trying to call it, especially after they announce the special guest referee...

Pat Tanaka.

Giving a TNA midcarder a titleshot makes WWE seem like bushleague.

Oh jesh, should that argument being countered with something about TNA giving the title to a WWE midcarder?

Sabu has ECW history, he's a former ECW champion & a legend

and it's a match that's never been seen before

Oh jesh, should that argument being countered with something about TNA giving the title to a WWE midcarder?

Sabu has ECW history, he's a former ECW champion & a legend

and it's a match that's never been seen before

I was just trying to be an ass.

And that argument has been used several times against TNA so it kinda works both ways.

If Rey gets a "Stop Being Eddie" chant, I'll take back everything I've ever said negative about ECW fans. I'd also settle for "You're Not Eddie".

And a "Ruck FVD" sign. Just because it's terrible.

Now I want Tatanka vs. Tanaka at the WWE vs. ECW special just to see JR go insane trying to call it, especially after they announce the special guest referee...

Pat Tanaka.

hahahahahhahaha this made me literally lol