TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Ultimate Fighter Season 4 the thread...

I understand its a awhile before it starts, but since Dana White announced the roster, it will give us some discussion on who will win

Welterweights:

Mikey Burnett

Shonie Carter

Rich Clementi

Matt Serra

Pete Spratt

Chris Lytle

Din Thomas

Jeremy Jackson

Middleweights:

Patrick Cote

Edwin Dewees

Travis Lutter

Charles McCarthy

Gideon Ray

Jorge Rivera

Pete Sell

Scott Smith

Too bad, Nick Diaz wasn't on the show. I was 90% sure he was going to be, because he hasent fought or been heard of since the Shrek fight. But atleast Shonie Carter will be able to entertain us.

Randy Couture and Georges St Pierre are coaching.

Wrong.

There is no coaches. They are advisors this season. There are no "Teams" this season.

Guest Brian

I'm so going to be missing seeing Nick Diaz training. And throwing shoes at people. It would be 200% more entertaining than the last season of TUF.

I'm so going to be missing seeing Nick Diaz training. And throwing shoes at people. It would be 200% more entertaining than the last season of TUF.

Yeah. I know what you mean, Nick Diaz was the fighter I was most looking foward to, seeing in this upcoming season.

But Shonie Carter will still be entertaining.

I haven't decided on my prediction for the Welterweight divison, but I'm picking Patrick Cote to take the middleweight divison.

Randy Couture and Georges St Pierre are coaching.

Wrong.

There is no coaches. They are advisors this season. There are no "Teams" this season.

Dat's a good t'ing, as GSP, 'e talks like dis in anglash, but 'e don't speek much anglash anyway...

Lytle, Jackson, Cote & Sell are my early picks for finalists (unless they face each other).

I was going to say the exact same thing, except I throw in the possibility of Smith making some noise.

I would have liked to see some more credible fighters, like Terrell or Loiseau on there, even if they are a cut above most of these guys. Imagine if BJ Penn was on it? Damn.

Shonie Carter is boring, the guy seems to try too hard to be cool. Sell is pure New Yorker, that should be interesting. He's straight out of the Bronx, or something like that. Maybe Queens. Him and Serra should be fun to watch.

No Hackney makes me very disappointed.

Show starts up in August...I don't know how ratings will be. Last comic standing burned out their crowd bad running seasons very close together.

I like Dewees. I hope he does well

Show starts up in August...I don't know how ratings will be. Last comic standing burned out their crowd bad running seasons very close together.

Did anyone get KTFO in last comic standing?

The thing about TUF, is that the core audience likes watching fights. Period. And as long as they keep changing up the formula of how fights are selected and stuff, the show won't get stale.

I understand they're different shows, but going from TUF to TUF just a month or so later...it's a good thing that there are fighters I know on this one to keep me from getting burnt out on it

I think Din Thomas and Matt Serra have got a good chance to win the Welterweight divison.

I don't find Shonie Carter boring at all, infact he cracks me up. He's got charisma.

Who's willing to bet that Pete Spratt will be Rear Naked Choked out of the show?

I understand they're different shows, but going from TUF to TUF just a month or so later...it's a good thing that there are fighters I know on this one to keep me from getting burnt out on it

Honestly with me, and with basketball season over...I have ZERO television shows I watch on a regular basis. I really miss having TUF every thursday night.

but it might just be I don't really get into TV that much on a consistent basis (It's hard to find a show that's amazing enough to get me to remember to watch it every week)

Close. One of the comics this year was knocked up...

Close. One of the comics this year was knocked up...

HAH. That's quality. KTFU? ;p

Am I supposed to know who any of these guys are? I don't want to be at a disadvantage watching when the show starts if I'm supposed to have prior knowledge.

Apparently Josh Gross revealed the names of all the finalists.

The reason why this fact isn't more widespread is probably because no one listens to his crappy radio show. Well I do sometimes at work if I'm bored, but only if I'm REALLY bored. I missed this part, didn't listen to the whole thing. Quite frankly I'm glad, and I don't wanna hear it.

I'm not feeling this. On one hand the fights should be good and it shouldn't be full of lamers who can't make weight or are way out of shape. All these guys can fight.

The bad part is as vets they are probably used to doing their own thing, you probably won't see them grow much during the show and most of them are probably at or about their maximum potential already.

With TUF guys you might say they are raw but they have potential to be great. Most of these guys don't have the potential to be anything but midcarders.

Maybe they should subtitle the show: The rest of Team Quest that did not make season 1,2,3...

What is it with TUF and the Team Quest guys? And how long was Nate Quarry the personal towel boy for Randy Couture? Man I saw him at Couture/Rizzo 2.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

When does this start?

Edit: oops, didn't see the same question up yonder^.