TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Transformers The Movie

Exactly my point. It wasn't that bad. I wasn't, like, furious I watched it.

but with those two leads, and Michael Clarke Duncan, and the premise,

That's the most awesome first third of a movie, and averything else. Jus, ... well... Shit.

I mean has ther ever been a GOOD Michael Bay movie?

Look at Con Air. Honestly the best cast I've ever seen.Seriously look at that cast. And... Just pure, unadlturaterd shit.

Oh come on, Con Air is fucking all kinds of brilliance.

Double post. Sorry.

You're lucky you got that intro, on the English cut that i have (on video and DVD) doesn't have a credits sequence, it shows the Transformers Movie logo with Lion over the top, to be faded down and have like Star Wars sliding style writing telling us the story of where we are. It starts something like, "it is the year 2005, the tretorus decepticons have retaken the the autobots home planet of cybertron" blah blah blah.

Seriously, when i got Transformers: Reconstructed on DVD, i was so happy to the get the American opening.

There is a new trailer out which features Optimus Prime speaking...with moving lips. I really don't mind the lips, but I seem to be in the minority.

Here is a link: Click here.

I don't mind the lips for Optimus...mainly because in the original series, when Optimus was Orion Pax, he had lips.

Who's to say he didn't have lips under his mouth-plate the whole time?

It's not the lips i dont like (although im not a fan of them), it's the voice.

Actually, i didnt like any of it.

Apart from that end bit where Megatrons throws his face right up into that guy, that was pretty cool.

So am I, and I can't really explain why. I'm looking forward to this movie more than any other this year. And I don't have any high hopes for it, I just really want to see Transformers on the big screen.

Thats the first trailer since the teaser that has made me want to see this film.

It has an ID-4 vibe to it, but at least we know ahead of time that the robots and transformations look fucking sick, while with ID-4 the alien beings finally being seen on screen was quite the dissapointment.

..What the fuck were you expecting him to come across like? Not to defend him, but a good portion of the TF fanbase was doing nothing but bitching over every tiny little detail.

Optimus' voice sounds like a cross between the original voice and the voice-over narration from the animated TF Movie...

I think it's pretty cool that they've got the original Optimus voice actor (Peter Cullen) doing the role for the movie.

Optimus' voice sounds like a cross between the original voice and the voice-over narration from the animated TF Movie...

I think it's pretty cool that they've got the original Optimus voice actor (Peter Cullen) doing the role for the movie.

it is certainly a sticking point for me.

overall, I'm prepared to be disappointed, but I think this might actually be a fun flick.

405px-Transformers13_large.jpg

Holy shit, that is awesome.

Yeah, too bad they got somebody else to voice Ironhide because I wanted to see Peter Cullen talking to himself. :lol:

I think out of the whole bunch, Optimus Prime and Jazz are the most faithful.

optimus_prime.jpgoptimus.jpg

jazzdreamwavelv1.jpgMovieAutobotJazz.png

although I do like the new Ironhide because I thought his original design was a piece of shit.

Csironhide.jpgIronhide.jpg

the problem with those character designs is recognition.

Optimus is easy to figure out.

Bumblebee is the yellow guy.

Megatron will be the primary Decepticon focus so we can figure that out.

The others...who's who?

But what about The Touch?

With the Cybertronians, I'd prefer if they went more with an Alternator style, and maybe with a bit more colour, but yeah, at least Optimus looks Optimus-like. And, well, it's better than the Optimus Prime Megazord from a couple of years back.