TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

OAO Raw - 7/17

One thing:

I think Umaga will be the WWE Champion in 2007, possibly late 2006. I got a real Yokozuna vibe from him tonight, but with a better work ethic.

And people told me on page one of this thread that Umaga had no potential.

What is up with the Spirit Squad hatred? Am I the only smark that actually likes them? I think they are funny and entertaining. I do realize only two of them have long term potential. But as a whole, I like them. I like their gimmick. I don't think they should be in a program with DX because they are not main event material right now. But Vince shouldn't get rid of them or the gimmick either.

well this Raw looked just as good as the last 2 or 3. Color me excited.

I'm amazed just how they're booking this. SNME may well have not happened. In fact apart from the Orton Vs Hogan skit, if it didn't happen then who would know the difference?

We didn't learn ANYTHING from this weeks Raw. Edge dislikes Cena, Vince & Spirit Squad dislike DX, Diva search sucks and Carlito thinks Trish is hot. Isn't that kinda identical to what happened last week?

...and the week before that.....and before that....

To be fair, this was obviously a throwaway show since they seem to not want to start building Summerslam up aside from Hogan/Orton until after SD gets done with GAB. The only reason Hogan/Orton has been started is cause they wanted Hogan on SNME.

Mick Foley's promos were awesome! He's so entertaining and interesting to listen to. Aside from Foley, the rest of the show sucked!!

Yes, DX needs to face somebody else other than the Spirit Squad. It's pretty sad to see the hot DX intro and "Are you ready?" bit get followed by the most ridiculous and un-over stable since the X-Factor come down to silence. If we're going to do Austin-McMahon YET AGAIN, at least have Vince shuffle through various teams in the company. Of course, Raw is lacking for teams.

As for Umaga going over, can you smell the ELEVATION!?

One thing:

I think Umaga will be the WWE Champion in 2007, possibly late 2006. I got a real Yokozuna vibe from him tonight, but with a better work ethic.

And people told me on page one of this thread that Umaga had no potential.

I stand by my comment.

Guest Jack_23

I wonder when Foley is going to cut a heel promo. Because you know, seeing as he is the heel in this scenario it might be nice

Guest Montresor
HEY!

NOTHIN I CAN SAY BUT I LOOOOOOVE YOU RANDALL~~!

Yay! Randy gets to squash a jobber!

You mean, booked him like the LADIES MAN~ he is. And he's damn good at it. Some fine work by Randall in the past 3 days.

1) He never shit in anyone's bag. Just more of the usual stories that jealous ugly boys online fabricate.

2) Stacy wasn't good enough for him.

She said, tongue-in-cheek.

Or is "unstable, borderline-retarded sexual predator with tribal tattoos" your type?

Umaga's awesome. Fuck the stupid DX marks that don't pop for him and sit on their hands.

I think Umaga's terrible, and I'm hardly a DX mark.

Guest Jack_23
Or is "unstable, borderline-retarded sexual predator with tribal tattoos" your type?

Yeah, cause there's been a ton of evidence on that hasn't there.

This is where the IWC excells itself. Someone who got into trouble for being abusive towards some fans, destroyed someone's personal belongings through pooring some kind of substance in their bag and tipping a glass of drink over someone as they slept (all asshole actions by the way) goes through the IWC rumour mill and comes out the other end as someone who is a sexual predator, shits in peoples bags and (the latest one) tested positive for drugs.

And I'm sorry Sir but the way you peddle these totally unsubstantiated rumours as truths makes you exactly the type of person who is at least partially responsible for people believing them to be true

He's also the guy who got almost got fired for behavioral issues (for which he underwent counseling), of which none of the news sites want to reveal for fear of being sued. Dude definitely has some issues.

I totally missed RAW last night except for the boring ending of the show. I have to say, I didn't miss it. I had more fun watching an borderline insane John Force and his cute daughters dealing with life than the first hour of RAW. I don't remember what I watched the second hour, but I know it wasn't wrestling.

I did catch bits and pieces during commercial and what I caught just seemed like same old same old. Foley giving some promo how he won't give Flair a rematch, Cena getting his ass kicked by Umaga baga ding dong danga, and of course the HBK fights Shane match. The fact that this DX vs the McMahons is still main eventing is giving me more and more reason to stay away. Not to mention Hogan vs Orton (I lose either way), and Edge with a title belt.

He's also the guy who got almost got fired for behavioral issues (for which he underwent counseling), of which none of the news sites want to reveal for fear of being sued. Dude definitely has some issues.

I don't think some sites worry about getting sued, considering they basically called him a drug addict a few weeks ago with no proof.

Of course he has issues, but I didn't like the fact that after he got suspended people were calling him a rapist and God knows what else with no evidence whatsoever. With Orton people want to believe the worst, I think. And makes up lies when they can't find facts.

Guest panthermatt7

Okay, so... I finally watched about a half hour of RAW for the first time in a few months. I try to keep up with what is going on via these forums, but that's about it. All I had seemed to find were complaints about how un-over DX and Cena are...

What the hell are you talking about? DX got a HUGE reaction to start the show! And every time I've flipped through channels and found Cena in the ring, the crowd has been eating him up... are you sure you're watching the same show?

Guest Princess Leena

While I normally believe Meltzer... I think the "almost fired" thing is a stretch... since Randy got "punished" after his return by moving off the B-Show, and feuding with Angle and Hogan.

Okay, so... I finally watched about a half hour of RAW for the first time in a few months. I try to keep up with what is going on via these forums, but that's about it. All I had seemed to find were complaints about how un-over DX and Cena are...

What the hell are you talking about? DX got a HUGE reaction to start the show! And every time I've flipped through channels and found Cena in the ring, the crowd has been eating him up... are you sure you're watching the same show?

DX is definitely really over right now. They had more heat last night than any babyface has in the last 12 months. A little bit of it was probably because they were in Shawn's hometown, but still, the fans are really into them. Cena's a different story. He was getting booed three days ago at SNME, and in order to facilitate his pop, they had to trick the fans into thinking they were getting a boring Striker segment before he came out. He still gets a superstar pop a lot of the time, especially on his entrance, but there are also a lot of fans that are sick to death of him.

If they want both characters to continue to succeed, they really need to switch places as soon as possible, so that DX gets into the title picture while they're still fresh, and Cena gets out of it to keep the fans from completely turning on him again. All they need is for Edge to go over Cena clean at SS, give a 15 minute promo to the point that it's getting boring the last night, and then get interrupted by DX. They can go from there, and they really let everybody go, the promos could really be tremendous.

Wow, RAW sucked ass last night. I'm glad I'm still a Smackdown fan. I can see why they're pushing Umaga so hard. Its probably because they realized they fucked up with Show and Kane in the past so I think they want to start fresh with a new monster heel.

What is up with the Spirit Squad hatred? Am I the only smark that actually likes them? I think they are funny and entertaining. I do realize only two of them have long term potential. But as a whole, I like them. I like their gimmick. I don't think they should be in a program with DX because they are not main event material right now. But Vince shouldn't get rid of them or the gimmick either.

The problem is they were put into main event roles almost immediately upon debuting on RAW, were handed the tag team titles before they were really over, and are basically being used in the "Kane capacity"...

"THAT DAMN DX! TONIGHT, IN THAT VERY RING, THEY'RE GOING TO FACE...THE SPIRIT SQUAD!" It's all stuff we saw during the Bischoff era for a couple years on RAW.

Yeah, they're good wrestlers, but they're completely interchangeable. They're kind of doing the "Freebird" gimmick with the tag belts, where any two can defend them, but that hasn't been played up at all, or even explained. Plus, they haven't really gone over anyone cleanly, to be presented as a credible threat. (Unlike Kane, who people would actually have reason to be scared of in the ring.) Facing the Spirit Squad seems more like a meaningless chore, than a real punishment.

Also...am I the only one who is annoyed that DX hasn't really dealt with the Spirit Squad in a meaningful fashion? I mean, week after week they have to fight them, and they win...but they've never really finished them off. I mean, last night they laid all of them out with chairs and a sledgehammer. At that point, if I were Shawn or Triple H, I'd be thinking, "Let's finish these idiots for good," and proceed to bash their brains in with the sledgehammer I already had in my hands. Just seems like a big logic gap, not that there's anything new there with WWE programming.

For the record, I think they all seem like pretty good wrestlers. I just wonder if this gimmick is going to hurt them in the long run. I mean, it might be like "Oh, Johnny Jeter...he's that loser that used to do the cheers and dress in a track suit."

If it wasn't for Estrada Umaga would probably be a boring character for me. However, I'm a mark for Estrada so bring on more Umaga.

To improve the tag division they should bring in two other Samoans and let Estrada manage them too.

I think the "almost fired" thing is a stretch... since Randy got "punished" after his return by moving off the B-Show, and feuding with Angle and Hogan.

With almost a complete lack of people to put right into a top spot, they didn't have a choice but to put Orton in the spot. Orton getting suspended then being put in the position he is in right now bodes well for RVD for when he comes back, because chances are pretty good he'll be right back where he was if only because there will be nobody else to put in the spot.

And after hearing the reaction for Cena, I'm dying for certain people to explain it away as 'X-Pac heat'.

I wouldn't really hate Uuuumaga if he wasn't being such a stupid gimmick.

That's my beef. I still couldn't believe they scrapped 3MW for this.