TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Fantasy Football

Guest Princess Leena

Fucking hell.

I only needed 2 points from Lamont Jordan to win. 1 to tie. He gets 0. Fuck the Raiders.

Came up huge thanks to the Bears insane Defense grabbing 29 big points on Sunday. Didnt think I had a chance, guess I was mistaken. scored the most points in the league this week, too. Crazy.

I scored the most points in the first league, which I honestly wasn't expecting. Cincy's D stepped up big time against LJ. In the third league, I won my matchup despite getting nothing from Palmer and Galloway. And I'm sure glad to have LT on my teams :)

Guest Princess Leena

I guess Jordan was changed to 1 point.

Still, fuck Oakland. Sorry ass team.

Whew, that was close. When I was adding up points during the Washington game last night, I actually thought I lost by one, but apparently I won by 3. No thanks to that lazy prick Jerry Porter. It's pretty bad when you have to send a statement to the press that you weren't cheering against your own team.

So I made this trade in one of my FF league last night, and it was accepted by the other team.

I get:

Buress

Culpepper

He gets:

Leftwich

Toomer

His QB situation right now is Plummer/Culpepper

His WR situation is Boldin/D.Jax/Buress/Bryant

My WR situation is Holt/R.Brown/Jenkins/Toomer/Bennett

Is this trade fair?

It got vetoed...

Guest Princess Leena

I guess it's fair, but doesn't make sense.

Burress is a much better fantasy WR than Toomer. Culpepper is rated higher than Leftwich by most.

Unless it's collusion, it should've gone through. Anybody that vetoes a trade on the grounds "they" think it's "unfair" are just scared that two teams could've improved over their unchanged ones. There've been numerous examples in past years that show great players can stumble and subpar players can have breakout seasons. If an owner think a trade'll help their team, it's their fault if it doesn't work out for them.

Exactly. It;s definitely collusion in this league. The other people are all bitching cause they think Culpepper is some great QB for whatevewr reason.

But Leftwich isn't very good. 1 passing TD and 1 rushing TD isn't anything special, he's at best slightly better than Culpepper.

Meanwhile Plaxico Burress is lightyears ahead of Amani Toomer. Maybe if Bryant was going the other way instead of Toomer.

Hey everybody if I could get some quick WR fantasy advice, I'd appreciate it.

My WR: Marvin Harrison, Plaxico Burress, Donald Driver, Drew Bennett, Chris Henry

I play 3 WR's.

Harrison is a lock, and Bennett is out. I like Plax to get a TD due to his size versus the DB's of Philly, Favre threw to Driver 11 times last week, and I think Driver is a good pick under the Who else is Favre throwing to. Henry looks attractive due to the fact that TJ is going to be out again and I think Cleveland does what it takes to keep Chad Johnson out of the end zone.

Personally, I'd go with Harrison, Burress and I'd probably pick Driver over Henry, simpley because while Henry might get a TD, I don't think he'll get above 60 yards. Driver will likely get the TD and more than that.

2-0 early in the season. Thank GOD for Frank Gore. He's saved my ass both weeks. 22 points this week, 31 last week. Not bad for a fourth round pick.

I got stuck playing against Peyton Manning (45 points) this week, but luckily Eli (41) just about cancelled him out. Still took Tony Gonzalez getting only 1 point that the Dallas D falling short by one sack to seal the win.

Guest Princess Leena

My TSM teams blow.

League 2 is basically fucked because I stupidly took LaMont Jordan as the 6th pick.

League 1, I only have one good RB, and LJ isn't finding the end zone.

I just got offered W. Parker and M. Muhammed for Jamal Lewis and Reggie Brown...

Any opinions?

I'm kinda leaning towards taking this as I am unsure if Jamal can be the old Jamal and I think Parker is really good despite Monday night. Muhammed and Brown seems like an upgrade for me as well as Stallworth seems to be the go-to guy in Philly and Muhammed is easily the best WR for the Bears.

Should I pick up Jeremy Stevens when he's healthy and drop Kellen Winslow Jr., or should I go with a wait and see policy?

Here's my team right now, if anyone would like to venture any opinions:

QB's: Bulger, Vick

RB's: Tomlinson, C. Williams, Bush, Gore, D. Williams

WR's: Wayne, Coles, Branch, Horn, Givens

TE's: Gonzalez, Miller, Winslow

D: Pitt

K's: J. Brown, Mare

Guest Princess Leena
I just got offered W. Parker and M. Muhammed for Jamal Lewis and Reggie Brown...

Any opinions?

I'm kinda leaning towards taking this as I am unsure if Jamal can be the old Jamal and I think Parker is really good despite Monday night. Muhammed and Brown seems like an upgrade for me as well as Stallworth seems to be the go-to guy in Philly and Muhammed is easily the best WR for the Bears.

Tough one with Najeh Davenport in PIT now. If he takes away GL carries, that lowers Parker quite a bit. But, BAL has strong depth at RB as well, especially with Musa Smith who's going to get his 5-10 carries every game.

Guest Princess Leena
Should I pick up Jeremy Stevens when he's healthy and drop Kellen Winslow Jr., or should I go with a wait and see policy?

Might as well keep Winslow II incase he flourishes.

You already got 2 good TE's, so you're likely not playing Stevens anyway.

I got offered Keyshawn Johnson and Edge for Frank Gore and Marques Colston. I rejected it, but now I'm having second thoughts. My league only starts one RB with a WR/RB flex spot and my other RBs are Stephen Jackson and Willie Parker. Carolina's offensive struggles kind of shyed me away from the deal along with the fact that when Smith comes back, Keyshawn won't get as many looks.

What say you all?

EDIT: Spiff, start Taylor. Indy's D averaged nearly 150 rushing yards against over the first two games and Jacksonville will want to grind it out to keep Manning off the field.