TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

OAO ECW TV Week 9 Thread - August/8th/2006

If Kurt Angle is having "personal issues" WTF were the bookers/writers thinking when they decided to have RVD do the chair spot? Having both RVD and Angle second guess the spot produced the "whiff". The finish could of had RVD attacking both Sabu and Angle with trademark spots but having Sabu take the Van Daminator instead.

According to my TV guide, ECW is on in Canada, or at least Edmonton, on Global at Midnight on Friday. Not a great time slot, but more than good enough for my VCR to catch for me.

No shit? I have time shifting so I'll have to look into that..

Not only did he totally screw it up, but he went back and did the exact same spot over again just to get it right.

That was every bit Jericho's fault as it was Orton's. Blaming Orton for that soley is just retarded. Have you ever been in a ring yourself?

Yeah...that damn Jericho probably told poor Randall to run back across the ring and give it another try.

Not only did he totally screw it up, but he went back and did the exact same spot over again just to get it right.

That was every bit Jericho's fault as it was Orton's. Blaming Orton for that soley is just retarded. Have you ever been in a ring yourself?

Yeah...that damn Jericho probably told poor Randall to run back across the ring and give it another try.

Yeah...and that damn Orton probaly thought Jericho was going to take the move properly the first time around.

I wanted a CM Punk match so I was a bit dissapointed, but the idea of making us wait for his matches is pretty smart. They made us wait weeks until he debuted in the ring, and now that he has, we have to wait until match #2.

I did not recognize Dupree at all.

I like what they did with Punk. They're clearly building him up into a star and making his matches seem like a big deal instead of just throwing him out there.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
ECW last night did a 2.2 rating, down a little from the past few weeks.

Yeah...and that damn Orton probaly thought Jericho was going to take the move properly the first time around.

Yeah, the first time Jericho keeps The Walls on, the second time he lets go and jumps into the RKO.

Jericho is to blame for the original botch, but Orton repeating the spot was beyond retarded.

If for some reason they keep Sabu from wrestling in the ECW Title match, and

with the possibility of no Taker/Khali match at Summerslam...

I'd be really be interested in an Extreme Rules match between Sabu and The Undertaker.

I'm guessing 4 way for the title.

That's the biggest possible match they could have at this point, and it is Summerslam afterall.

Not to mention it's a way to get Angle on the PPV card (possibly bring in a few more fans) and allow him to not have to really work as much.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

Who's No.1?

Tuesday night on ECW on Sci Fi, the No. 1 Contender to the ECW World Title will finally be determined. Kurt Angle, Sabu and Rob Van Dam will compete in a No. 1 Contender Triple Threat Ladder Match, with the winner going on to face Big Show for the ECW World Title at SummerSlam.

This past Tuesday, Angle and Sabu squared off in a No. 1 Contender Match, but it was interrupted by the shocking return of Van Dam. Back from his 30-day suspension, RVD attacked both men with a chair, rendering the match a No Contest. Many were surprised that he would attack long-time friend and partner Sabu, but apparently the quest for revenge and gold outweighs the alliance between the two Extremists.

Obviously, RVD is looking to regain the ECW World Title that he feels was stolen from him on July 4, and now he is one step closer to that opportunity. Of course, it’s an opportunity Angle and Sabu both covet as well, and now they may have the extra added motivation of paying RVD back for his actions.

Big Show said last Tuesday night that it doesn’t matter who the No. 1 Contender is, because he will “crush them like crackers for (his) soup.” On Tuesday night, three men will be one step away from becoming the proverbial fly in his SummerSlam soup.

What will be the outcome? Will Angle head to SummerSlam with a chance to become the second man to ever hold the WWE, WCW and ECW Championships? Will Van Dam get a chance to regain what he feels should still be his? Or will Sabu get the chance that he’s been denied of three weeks in a row? Find out Tuesday night at 10/9 CT when ECW on Sci Fi is live from Washington, D.C.

I thought the obvious solution would be to make CM Punk the No.1 contender, but this is good too, I suppose. It'll likely be RVD or Sabu, because I don't see them putting Angle against Show.

I was thinkin Vince may try out a Double Jeopardy match for the ECW title at SumSlam, but like mentioned, this will do. Then, the 2 losers can be pissed off at each other and feud for a few weeks.

I'm thinking it will be Sabu that wins this. Don't ask me why but I just can't see them doing RVD this soon. It's like "Loses title, gets suspended, comes back 30 days later, wins belt back in 1st chance." Isn't that all a bit too easy?

Well I think Sabu wins this, because if not, then it would have been a waste of time having Sabu go after Big Show, verbally(backstage) and attacking him two weeks in a row.

I see no problem with Sabu taking the strap at the PPV, and him and RVD feuding over the belt for awhile, but I could just as easily see The Big Show retaining the title and holding it until December, for the ECW stand-alone PPV, because that will probably be in front of an ECW crowd that would be SUPER-JACKED to see RVD win the belt.

RVD was getting some boos around the time he won the title, and up until his suspension.

He comes back, and attacks the dudes that are battling for his spot, a rematch with the Big Show.

I want to see Sabu win this, and RVD start slowly turning heel on his best friend, for "selling him out". Sabu wins the belt of course, then from SS to ECW's December PPV they can faze out Show, and build the RVD/Sabu fued.

And I want RVD going total heel here. Like, he's against Heyman and the New ECW, but he's also a loner, in that he doesn't get involved in the New vs Old ECWs cival war. Unless it involves his title.

Pretty much RVD's old cocky ass mofucker persona from ECW when he was a heel, but he's stuck in the middle of this war to get his title back, pretty much like Sting in the nWo/WCW war.

Then RVD wins the title back at the Dec ECW PPV, and holds it til like, WrestleMania, where him and Sabu have an oldschool ECW match.

Or Angle, if he would take some gotdamn time off. Or Punk.

Punk winning a tournament sometime before Mania for Number One Contendarship would work, if Punk stays getting over steadily til then.

I'm thinking it will be Sabu that wins this. Don't ask me why but I just can't see them doing RVD this soon. It's like "Loses title, gets suspended, comes back 30 days later, wins belt back in 1st chance." Isn't that all a bit too easy?

Well, they basically did that with Cena, after Edge beat him for the belt the first time (minus the suspension part).

Guest netslob

I wanted a CM Punk match so I was a bit dissapointed, but the idea of making us wait for his matches is pretty smart. They made us wait weeks until he debuted in the ring, and now that he has, we have to wait until match #2.

I did not recognize Dupree at all.

I like what they did with Punk. They're clearly building him up into a star and making his matches seem like a big deal instead of just throwing him out there.

agreed. with this "roster depth", if Punk went out every week he'd run out of challengers in a month. it's a slow-burn. get Punk's cock out of your mouths and let it happen gradually. isn't that everyone always bitches about, they push everyone too fast?

Guest DRH 502

Thank you.

I like Sabu and RVD but wouldnt look forward to a feud between them. I liked them as a tagteam and their early singles feud. But they had a ppv match in '97 or '98 that went the 30:00 draw. Not a pretty sight to behold. 10 years later and I wouldnt expect an improvement.

I like Sabu and RVD but wouldnt look forward to a feud between them. I liked them as a tagteam and their early singles feud. But they had a ppv match in '97 or '98 that went the 30:00 draw. Not a pretty sight to behold. 10 years later and I wouldnt expect an improvement.

You might be referring to the match where Sabu had the flu and was vomiting a few times during the match. I think that was at Wrestlepalooza....they had a match after that one that was far better.

Guest DRH 502

I remember their first match and their stretcher match to be decent but it has literally been like 8 years since i've saw it.

yeah i remember fonzie giving sabu a towel or a squirt of water and sabu vomits a bunch of gatorade on the floor and fonzie gets the hell out of there.

i think they're better used as a team or separately instead of facing one another, still.