TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - August/28th/2006.

I think the REAL question is, will JR be fired for saying the word "belt"?

Doubtful...nobody seems to mind when he calls wrestlers by the completely wrong names.

Retirement Match

What?

Lita/Trish is Trish's retirement match. They already established that she's leaving after Unforgiven, which is her hometown.

So that's three gimmicks on one show.

Guest bobrock29

Retirement Match

What?

Lita/Trish is Trish's retirement match. They already established that she's leaving after Unforgiven, which is her hometown.

So that's three gimmicks on one show.

Oh okay sorry shows you how much I pay attention to the Diva shit. Sorry I was just being a little retarded..

Chris Masters came back, and Armando got a longer than usual promo. Anyone who comes here regularly knows what a mark I am for these two...and this Raw as boring as fuck.

I have no interest in Unforgiven, which is an hour away from my house.

Other thoughts:

- What the hell is up with JR? Granted, it's been beaten to death in this thread, but it's getting so out of hand, I can take another swing at the

horse.

- Four women is not too many. Four women in two segments is.

- Melina/Nitro was contrived, let alone being far too long.

- Little Bastard on Raw? What's not to like about that?

- McMahon sounded like Jim Lahey when he was talking about the Unforgiven match. I was waiting for him to call DX a shit stable.

Gee, I just LOVE having my intelligence insulted constantly.

"Lita must've overheard Trish talking about her retirement!"

Yeah, cuz it's not like it's been ALL OVER THE INTERNET FOR MONTHS YOU DOUCHEBAGS.

Jesus. DX vs McMahons and Big Show in HitC? Holy fucking shit, END THIS ABYSMAL FEUD. It makes NO SENSE. Why the shit doesn't he just FIRE DX? Fuck.

I think I need to be stoned when I watch RAW.

- The Claudio Castegnoli cameo as a police officer was fun stuff.

- How many times did JR say "This is (adjective) than (whatever)"? Example would be the first one about something being stupider than James Gandolfini not getting an Emmy nomination, then he said something about Deadwood, then he called something thicker than Lawler's black book. I enjoyed it, to be honest.

- During the Lita/Mickie match when JR/King kept getting on Lita's case for leaking such sensitive news without letting Trish reveal it first, I couldn't help but think that was some shot at Meltzer.

- Fun fact: Because something is common knowledge to forum nerds like us doesn't mean the other 4 million people watching at home know. Yes, WE find it odd that the show (which for crying out loud peple, is just a show) would make a story point out of something shocking that all of us already knew, but I guarantee you none of my wrestling fan friends and co-workers that don't activley persue news on the net knew a thing about Trish leaving.

- To contradict my "it's just a show" comment and nitpick about something, wouldn't Edge have been smarter to declare his match with Cena to be immediatley after he hit him with a chair and ladder and drove him through a table?

- Just say no to drugs.

Guest jackie fargo

WOW-The ending to Raw was horrible-the crowd was completely dead for it and there was absolutely no interest in it-I love how DX continues to come out to a very luke-warm response from the crowd... Right now HHH is in a fetal position trying to figure out how he can out pop Hogan.

Also, the only reason I can figure that the DX/McMahon fued is continuing is because they plan on a NWO/DX match at Survivor Series, Nash's contract is up next month and they already have Hogan, all they need is to hire Scott Hall as a manager and maybe bring in X-Pac or make a new member such as Orton or Edge for the NWO match. Why else would they continue this feud? or at Unforgiven HHH or HBK will turn on one another thus ending the storyline..

I agree with the 411 recapper: RAW is now a tale of two shows. We've got the Cena/Edge stuff (which is good-to-great), and everything else (which sucks). The Carlito/Orton program looks promising, though.

Good to see Masters back.

There's an awful lot of talk (as in a few comments on page 1 about Nash and the above ramblings) about the nWo. Did I miss something? I thought that Survivor Series was a confirmed hoax? Did bob_barron lead me down the wrong path?

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
I thought that Survivor Series was a confirmed hoax?

I heard that DX/nWo poster is already stuck up around the arena where Survivor Series is this year.

survivorseriesposterqa0.jpg

The Nitro/Melina set up was incredible, and made Nitro look like a real star -- then he opened his mouth. It went downhill. I think its just a confidence issue, then you had Melina trying to salvage it, and it just went even more downhill.

The last minute of the show really summed up the place that WWE is in right now. Vince McMahon threw what has to be a $10,000 camera over the top rope for no real reason, Shane McMahon choked out Triple H with a steel pipe, guys from ECW and Smackdown were in the ring for no reason that was really explained, and a loud chant of "Vince loves cock" was echoing through the arena. It's all just so incredibly random.

Raw for the last four or five weeks has been like what wrestling in an alternate reality might be like. It's just a bunch of weird stuff that nobody likes that it seems like they are pushing even harder to spite the fans who aren't liking it.

It's just really mentally draining to try to figure out what the hell they are even trying to accomplish with it all.

Also, the only reason I can figure that the DX/McMahon fued is continuing is because they plan on a NWO/DX match at Survivor Series, Nash's contract is up next month and they already have Hogan, all they need is to hire Scott Hall as a manager and maybe bring in X-Pac or make a new member such as Orton or Edge for the NWO match. Why else would they continue this feud? or at Unforgiven HHH or HBK will turn on one another thus ending the storyline..

Big Show would have to be involved in something so awful.

Putting Edge anywhere near Vince and Shane would be one of the stupidest things creative could possibly do, especially in a perversion of a stable that nobody cares about anymore anyway.

Guest JustPassinBy

I admit I'd mark out over a DX vs NWO feud.

The thing is, I dont mind DX but I do hate the McMahons. Get DX feuding with other legit wrestling stars, and it'll be entertaining.

DX vs McMahons/randomjobbers is boring and pointless.

Guest DRH 502

I didn't see all of the match (went to bed after the springboard tumbleweed to the floor) but why isn't Randy Orton and Jeff Hardy getting more love? I totally expected that to blow goat balls and what little bit I saw impressed me. Orton took care of Jeff on that tumbleweed too...I have a pet peeve (at one time wrestling myself, I know what its like to hit a dive to the outside only for some retard to not catch me) about people catching people on dives. Orton caught Jeff about as good as you could have asked for. It was without a doubt one of the nices looking dives i've saw in a long time. Orton has stepped it up, fuck the SMART MARKS~!

The JR/Gandolfini line was just JR trying too hard. He is getting old and senile.

The spanking segment thing did nothing whatsoever to arose me...and that is a very bad thing. Very very bad thing. Is it me or does Torrie Wilson look like the blond chick at the disco from Larry's Land of Lounge Lizards?? Like i'm not sure if its the first one or the second one, but someone here HAS to know what i'm talking about...

Besides that I was watching RW/RR Challenge (go Theo) and when i'd rather watch a RW/RR challenge than RAW, that says something about the product. They at least TRIED tonight...

Whats this I hear about Little Bastard?

Also something I was thinking about with Lita, remember in like her first match back when she Hayabusa'd herself trying to do a tope suicida? I'm pretty sure she won the women's championship at that point but I can't remember too good. I just remember that sick bump...

Guest GeeseGeese

Well this Raw was just like any other Raw that we've posted about.

However, the Johnny Nitro promo was just absolutley piss poor. That is the one thing I will complain about. It kinda sounded like the were doing the whole thing improv and Melina didn't help matters either. I was expecting Foley to come out and bring the segment back, but of course WWE doesn't do anything good that doesn't involve HHH.

Finlay, Regal and Kennedy on Raw was great. Although the match was no where near what those 3 and DX are capable of, just to see someone new feuding with DX was more than a breath of fresh air.

IMO they really need to end the brand extension. If need be, then only have one show a week, but at least get different faces on Raw. Batista, Lashley and Rey could easily make the show better and more interesting.

I didn't see all of the match (went to bed after the springboard tumbleweed to the floor) but why isn't Randy Orton and Jeff Hardy getting more love?

I agree Hardy/Orton was a decent match, it was just a a bit sloppy.

Nice to see Estrada get a little microphone time.

Melina can't cut a decent promo. Compared to her, Nitro wasn't that bad.

DX/McMahon has been pointless from the start. End it now, including disbanding DX(unless the NWO feud happens, which is VERY unlikely).

Smackdown still kicks Raw's ass.

I just got back from vacation and it seems that nothing has change besides Kurt's "firing"/"resignation"/whatever. RAW still sucks and the only man that's worth watching is Edge, ECW has the most boring and untalented champion in the Big Show, and SD is a good show thanks to Book and his court but the nielsen families don't watch that show.

Heres my patented (well figuratively of course) quick thoughts:

Again JR why are you so mad at the Mcmahons, I mean its not as if DX didnt have this coming by constanstly harassing them and last week a car prank that might have hurt them seriously. Please end this angle now.

If someone can go to wwe.com, I'm pretty sure they can read about Trish's announcement the million other times It appeared online. even a mark will find a "smarky" website sooner or later. Plus in storyline terms, Trish had it coming, since she constanly heckled and made fun of Lita during most of 2004(including mocking her losing her "baby" )

The "lean mean" Masterpiece is here, kinda sad when his titantron behind him still is of his old self. But I thought maybe this will make him less slug-like in the ring. Then the match happened and no dice.

So Edge has never lost a TLC match huh? Jericho and Benoit are calling, are you listening?

Kane has a ruptured throat? Here I just thought he had contracted "Ken Shamrock Disease" (TM Scott Keith)

Welcome to the mid-card Spirit Squad, in 3 weeks you may job to the Bushwhackers 2k6

Regal jobs again to his former WCW protege, at least it wasn't Mr. Kennedy...........

KENNEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- How many times did JR say "This is (adjective) than (whatever)"? Example would be the first one about something being stupider than James Gandolfini not getting an Emmy nomination, then he said something about Deadwood, then he called something thicker than Lawler's black book. I enjoyed it, to be honest.

I liked it too. And don't forget "He's slower than government aid to New Orleans."

To all the JR-haters: who could actually do his job better? Joey Styles? A proven failure in the Raw environment. Michael Cole? Don't make me laugh. Gabe Sapolsky? Nevermind, I just made myself laugh.

Orton took care of Jeff on that tumbleweed too...I have a pet peeve (at one time wrestling myself, I know what its like to hit a dive to the outside only for some retard to not catch me) about people catching people on dives. Orton caught Jeff about as good as you could have asked for. It was without a doubt one of the nices looking dives i've saw in a long time. Orton has stepped it up, fuck the SMART MARKS~!

What about that one dive out of the ring where Orton clearly fucked up whatever had been called and Jeff crashed and burned into the security railing?

And why the fuck are some of you excited that Masters is back? Haven't you seen any of his matches ever? He's easily the worst wrestler not named Khali on the WWE payroll.

and maybe the funniest thing was the crowd shitting on Melina and Nitro, and Melina getting so flustered she was repeating things and getting mad.

I liked Jrs comment of "its only a 2 hour show folks" plus Lawlers quip comparing it to a George W. Bush press conference

So at Unforgiven, I get to a TLC match live.

And I get to see a HIAC.

But the HIAC is McMahons/Show v. DX. I don't know whether to be happy or want to slit my wrists.

Eh, I agree with whoever was saying that Ross was trying too hard with his pop culture references; they came across as lame to me.

The main event was shit, as was pretty much the rest of the show, but at least I got a laugh out of the Little Bastard. Ever since that RAW vs ECW special, I can't look at him without hearing Styles' rant in my head: "I'M BEGGING YOU TO WATCH THE PRODUCT!" :lol:

And, to the guy that asked who cares about women's wrestling... I do. Torrie and Candace, not so much, though.

about Torrie/Candice what the hell was going on? my brain hurts thinking about who is a heel and face in that equation.

and anyone else notice Torries newest tron video features a string of pearls.

Great now DX is creating the tron videos