TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

"Hey, keeping Jeff Jarrett in the main event picture isn't getting us over like it should...let's think of something else equally stupid and give it a shot!"

How is throwing the Original ECW Title belt in the trash and setting it on fire, taking a direct shot at the NEW ECW? If anything it makes it seem like Rhino doesn't give a shit about the old ECW belt or the old ECW. If anything the segment should have been Rhino explaining how much the belt means to him, and what he had to go through to get it, rather then tossing it in a trash can.

I haven't seen the segment yet so I will hold off further judgement on it, but thus far from the sounds of it, it doesn't make any sense.

You could make the argument that he doesn't want to see the ECW belt lineage ruined with the new ECW, and that this in his mind makes him the true last champion, or something like that.

More importantly, it gave people a reason to give a damn about Rhino again, and made him come off like a star with how the fans were going crazy for him.

yea but are we to belive Rhino actually burned up his titl ebelt, wouldnt he want to hold on to that? Id assume that wasnt the ecw and tv titles in there. and don't you love the audience going crazy and chanting TNA while alot of them are wearing wwe tshirts?

It was a funeral for ECW. He gave it a Viking type funeral, burning the body. It made sense when he explained why he was doing it.

What's the backstory with Rhino? I caught his promo last week on TNA where he stated he was fired from WWE for knocking over a plant. Then they offered him his job back after the fact. What actually happened?

Dude got into a heated argument w/ his wife in a hotel over Wrestlemania weekend, and destroyed a potted plant. Not necessarily a big deal, except that it was in front of a bunch of people. Had it gone down w/out any witnesses, it wouldn't have been a big deal, and certainly/probably wouldn't have cost him his job.

Yeah. WWE then gave him a spot on the One Night Stand '05 PPV, but weren't interested in his services after that.

So he signed on with TNA immediately after.

When Vince McMahon decided to bring ECW back full-time, they wanted to bring Rhino back into the company, knowing that he was an ECW original and the final ECW World/TV Champion.

Rhino told them to fuck off and signed a new contract with TNA.

Dude got into a heated argument w/ his wife in a hotel over Wrestlemania weekend, and destroyed a potted plant. Not necessarily a big deal, except that it was in front of a bunch of people. Had it gone down w/out any witnesses, it wouldn't have been a big deal, and certainly/probably wouldn't have cost him his job.

Um, let me see if I've got this straight. Rhino destroyed a potted plant in front of some people and they fired him? Couldn't he have just reimbursed the hotel for the plant and called it a day? They had to fire him for that? Geez... No wonder he told WWE to fuck off.

Um, let me see if I've got this straight. Rhino destroyed a potted plant in front of some people and they fired him? Couldn't he have just reimbursed the hotel for the plant and called it a day? They had to fire him for that? Geez... No wonder he told WWE to fuck off.

In front of media, not just hotel staff members. Vince, doesn't want his workers doing stuff like that (airing personal spats in public).

Yeah. WWE then gave him a spot on the One Night Stand '05 PPV, but weren't interested in his services after that.

So he signed on with TNA immediately after.

When Vince McMahon decided to bring ECW back full-time, they wanted to bring Rhino back into the company, knowing that he was an ECW original and the final ECW World/TV Champion.

Rhino told them to fuck off and signed a new contract with TNA.

Wasn't it reported for a long time Rhino was unhappy and wanted out of TNA?

From Today's Observer Update:

Regarding Wednesday's WWE press conference in Toronto that he wrote about yesterday. According to several sources in the Canadian TV industry, Raw will be moving from TSN to The Score in just a few weeks. A decline in Raw ratings combined with TSN acquiring the rights to Monday Night Football in September led to the decision, which is sort of mutual, although technically TSN decided to walk away from the deal. It should also be noted that The Score has acquired rights to TNT's early game NBA package next season on Thursday, when Smackdown is still running, so there will likely be another Canadian change within a few months. What we have been able to confirm is the final episode of on TSN will be 7/31. TSN and WWE were unable to reach an agreement about how Raw would be presented on the station during football season. When push came to shove, TSN was going to have to decide between WWE and Monday Night Football, and in that position, they chose football.

I don't know if it's like this in a lot of places, but The Score, Unlike TSN is not on Basic Cable. You have to subscribe to the next tier up. It was on Regular cable for a while then one day without warning it was changed with Rogers Sports net.

Wonder how/ If that will affect anything ratings wise

In the end might be a good thing, TSN has a lot of programs that could be used for promotion (NHL, Monday night Football, CFL, that sort of thing) Maybe the Score gets behind WWE a little more then TSN did

In front of media, not just hotel staff members. Vince, doesn't want his workers doing stuff like that (airing personal spats in public).

Seriously, what media...? I never heard a thing about it outside wrestling news boards, and who cares about those things? It never made it out as a story which put the company in bad light.

Seriously, what media...? I never heard a thing about it outside wrestling news boards, and who cares about those things? It never made it out as a story which put the company in bad light.

It may simply have been worth something. Have you seen hotels in downtown Los Angeles? Some of them have public areas that are incredibly old/expensive. It's not uncommon to walk in a room and find a B&W picture of someone like Walt Disney or Charlie Chaplin hanging out in the same room. If he tossed a Wal-Mart potted plant that was sitting in the Best Western, I bet it'd be a different story.

Guest J0bber
Here in NY, SD and SNME will be on at the same time.

Isn't that great planning by the networks? Obviously, WWE is running too many major televised shows in this day and age and no one can keep up.

Isn't that great planning by the networks? Obviously, WWE is running too many major televised shows in this day and age and no one can keep up.

Well the Yankees are on every Friday, so they show SD on Saturday.

Guest netslob

and i'm sure it would have been a huge shock to the media to find out that a proffesional wrestler has a violent temper. :rolleyes:

Well the Yankees are on every Friday, so they show SD on Saturday.

yea I know I had to miss sd for snme. Id suppose the local upn (channel 9) has no idea about snme.

well in sept it wont matter since sd is moving to the new cw which will be on wpix 11 here in ny(which is currently the wb, so I guess all wb networks are changing to cw)

What happening with Smackdown now that UPN and the WB are going to become the CW? It's going to be on that new station right?

Guest Hadley

Is Sylvan Grenier's new character a heel or not? He seems kind if heelish and the crowd boos him, but JBL also hates him, and JBL IS the heel commentator for smackdown.

Guest J0bber
Is Sylvan Grenier's new character a heel or not? He seems kind if heelish and the crowd boos him, but JBL also hates him, and JBL IS the heel commentator for smackdown.

I look at him as a heel. Remember Right to Censor was hated by Paul Heyman in 2001, who was also a heel commentator. JBL just hates Sylvan to further put over himself as an Anti-Foreigner.

What happening with Smackdown now that UPN and the WB are going to become the CW? It's going to be on that new station right?

It's part of the CW network(it is also the only show that will not be broadcast in HD and surround sound), but of course if the ratings continue to slide(they have picked up since Batista came back) they will get the axe. A wrestling program that is getting below 2.0 will not be on the CW network. Smackdown was heading in that direction, and it was close to going below a 2.0

WWE should really start to get ready for its debut on the CW network....hopefully they will FINALLY get a new set.

man... I would LOVE a new Smackdown set.. they're only on their second one (third, if you want to count the lack of a ramp that has been going on for a while now).

im glad SNME did a shitty 2.65 rating...the only thing that would wake Vince up to his crappy product is people not watching

im glad SNME did a shitty 2.65 rating...the only thing that would wake Vince up to his crappy product is people not watching

The only thing that might wake him up is real competition. This will just disappoint Vince, but he'll find some way to spin it.