TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Guest TheGameah
Hey does anybody know if they sell RAW and Smackdown! merchindise at ECW house shows because I am going to one this Saturday and want a DX shirt.

*Buh Buh*

"Are you ready...?"

For endless flaming, that is.

Guest TheGameah
Uh...oh shit?

Naw, not really. I could just imagine this innocent request degenerating into accusations of buying into VinnyMac's forcefed crap and being a "supersmart supersmark" or something like that.

That being said, hope someone can help you out with your question.

I went to an ECW house show on Saturday and there was absolutely no Raw or Smackdown merchandise for sale. I picked up a pretty sweet Tommy Dreamer shirt though.

Does anyone have the video for that Triple H/Booker T burial finish from WM XIX? I really can't remember it taking Hunter that long to pin Booker.

I just watched the ending again and it took 24 seconds for Hunter to make the cover after hitting the pedigree.

As for whether Booker should have won or not, once they started the racism storyline he had to win. At least then, while the storyline would still have been stupid, the racist would have been proved wrong and the babyface been triumphant. If Booker wasn't going to go over, and he was meant to when the deal started, they should never have done the racism part.

Houseshow results for Autralian tour

1. Harry Smith d. Matt Stryker. Harry got a decent pop coming out and after Stryker told everyone who he was, he was probably the most over person on the show besides Cena, Flair and Shawn. Considering that it was a match between one guy who's not on TV and a TV job guy it had really good heat. Pretty basic old school comedy match and Harry won with the running powerslam.

2. Shelton Benjamn d. Charlie Haas. Fans saw Shelton as the face here and it looked like they changed the match because of it. Charlie beat on him forever until Shelton made the comeback and won with the exploder. They tried to do the standing ovation deal with Haas at the end but no one cared and the crowd booed him to the back.

3. Umaga w/ Armando d. Gene Snitsky. Umaga got a nice pop coming out, people saw him as somewhat of a star. Armando told everyone to be quiet while he did his spiel. Umaga won with the Samoan Spike. Snitsky got a round of applause and a few chants as he left the ring.

4. Carlito & Trish Stratus d. Johnny Nitro & Melina. This was every intergender match ever, except for near the end when Johnny Nitro was being thrown out of the ring and launched himself into the air without grabbing the ropes and took a flat back bump. Stratus pinned Melina after the Chick Kick. Carlito seemed to put in more effort than he does on TV.

5. Mickie James d. Torrie Wilson. Typical womens match that Mickie won after basically just pushing Torrie over as she was hiking up her gear for the stinkface spot. Torrie then made a comeback and gave her the stinkface.

6. Randy Orton d. Kane. Orton's entrance took about 10 mintues, as he hugged every girl at ringside. He then stalled for another 5 minutes. Once he was in the ring he applied a 4 minute chinlock. Finish was a low blow while the ref was distracted followed by an RKO.

7. Shawn Michaels & Ric Flair d. The Spirit Squad. Before the match Mitch was on the apron mocking Michaels with a cutout of his face on a stick and ate a superkick for it. He then spent the rest of the match selling it on the floor. Spirit Squad got the heat on Flair and Nicky had him in a figure four for a very long time. Michaels pinned Mikey after a superkick.

8. John Cena d. Edge by DQ in a WWE title match. Absolutely insane heat for this match, with only slight booing for Cena. Most of the match was Edge trying to get Cena counted out. The finish involved a ref bump, Edge tapping out to the STFU with no ref, and then hitting Cena with the belt for the DQ. Probably the best match of the night, although there wasn't much good wrestling. After the match Cena challenged him to a street fight for the title right then, and of course Edge teased it by walking to the ring before leaving

dammit when are they going to debut Harry Smith already?

He's set to be part of the build to Orton vs. Hogan, so it should be very soon.

honestly, I've never seen him so I should be careful what i wish for...I've HEARD he's pretty good. I'm just curious to see him perform.

dammit when are they going to debut Harry Smith already?

He's set to be part of the build to Orton vs. Hogan, so it should be very soon.

Which means Orton's going to make fun of his dad before giving Harry an RKO.

6. Randy Orton d. Kane. Orton's entrance took about 10 mintues, as he hugged every girl at ringside. He then stalled for another 5 minutes. Once he was in the ring he applied a 4 minute chinlock. Finish was a low blow while the ref was distracted followed by an RKO.

Awesome.

James Beard is really deserving of a job in WWE. He's a great ref (his spot in the RAW match where he used the SS megaphone to tell them to leave ringside was just about the highlight of the match), and really knows how to do his job, so I sure hope that he isn't hurting his chances by what he's posting in the following thread:

http://wrestlingclassics.com/.ubb/ultimate...ic;f=1;t=068927

I just got back....

First of all, I appreciate the compliments...It felt good to be in the ring in some meaningful situations again. I was not the least bit nervous and felt totally comfortable back in the ring. Though I know I look a lot older and not quite as pretty, but my brain still functions when it comes to working a match and I'm not yet as slow as Bronko, so I haven't lost all my capabilities.

My only concern was getting used to those damned ear phones....I see the need and the reasoning behind them, but they take some getting used to. Getting times is one thing but they can be a distraction sometimes, especially when you are getting instructions from the agent and having to deal with working the match at the same time...

Overall, things went well and I got a lot of positive feedback from the wrestlers and agents. I'm not sure how things will pan out, though...I have some things that I need to have agreed on before I could do anything on a permanent basis, but there were a lot of guys indicating that that is what they want to happen...Everyone was great...The refs, the agents, the wrestlers were all very accomodating and cooperative as well as supportive. I got the feeling that if it is up to most of them, a deal would be made.

I guess we'll see. The thing is, the right folks need to want that to happen and there's nothing yet been offered.

That's not unusual. Scott Armstrong came back this week after his initial look-see and was told last night that he was hired to work on ECW...I was really happy for Scott. He had quit his day job to take a stab at this and he needed it to work out. Besides, he's an Armstrong and he should be in the wrestling business, not selling furniture somewhere.

The matches I worked were mostly good...I worked a dark match for Smackdown first (actually the first match of the night) with Bob Holly making his comeback against Simon Dean....It was a typically good, tight and intense Bob Holly match and it went well. I enjoyed it and got to work more in that one than the televised match. Both wrestlers were happy and the agents seemed pleased...Everyone in Gorilla gave me some nice compliments on that one when I got back from the ring...

I worked the Rory/Highlander Vs one of the Spirit Squad match on RAW and Ricky Steamboat was our agent for that one....Ricky gave me a nice spot to do and it all went well....Not happy with the way the kid did the finish as he stooged it off by working the crowd, but other than that, the match was good, I thought and my part went off well and got a nice pop....Ricky liked it and I guess that means something. I was impressed with Rory and found out by talking a bit to him that he's a lot more a traditional wrestler than the gimmick allows. Actually, the kid from the Spirit Squad was pretty solid, too...He just needs some more ring time as a single.

I worked a dark match on ECW last night: Shannon Moore vs. EW Anderson....That one was meant to be one thing, but Shannon made some mistakes in working the crowd and Jerry Brisco and Johnny Laurentis started giving me the word to change everything, including who goes over and which guy was to work heel....All of this is hard to communicate when guys are never stopping long enough to work a hold, but somehow we got through it....Not good, but considering the circumstances, it was passable....The finish probably looked horrible, but these young guys get all out of whack when anyone changes anything...They were looking at me like deers at a head light when I was trying to relay things to them or instruct them on what to do...The agents weren't happy with the wrestlers after that one....

Then I worked the Kurt Angle/Brooklyn Brawler match....Short and sweet and everything went very well, which is what usually happens with two pros....I would have loved to have had more time, but they wanted to get Kurt back over big.

Overall, I enjoyed it all and had a good visit with some guys I hadn't seen in a while, plus met a few new ones. My home boys were doing well....John (JBL) and I had lunch and got to visit some, but he's doing an investment banker job as well as the comentary on Smackdown, so he didn't have a lot of time....Got to talk with Booker a good bit. He was really happy with his new push and he was putting me over with everyone who came by, telling them I was the one who got him started and gave him is first big break (by taking him to Japan)....

If nothing else comes of it, I can say I finally worked RAW and Smackdown, which are two things I never did before...Until I hear futher, if at all, things are on a holding pattern.

He continues on about the Shannon Moore/CW match:

Thanks, Kenny....It means a lot to hear things like that from guys like yourself. I appreciate your confidence, but I'm not sure anyone was going to guide them too much as they were not listening to what I was trying to tell them or didn't understand....Either way, it was what we call a cluster&^%*.....You've seen 'em I know.

The match where things got so messed up could have gone much easier had they grabbed a hold for a second like I was trying to tell them to do...When these guys lay out matches and want to go, go, go without ever taking the time to work a little, you can't do much to change their direction because they are going by you so quickly and staying too busy running and flying around, they couldn't possibly understand what you are trying to relay. That's what I hate about choreographing every detail. When something goes wrong or the guys running things see something they feel needs to change, a lot of these younger guys suddenly get lost and everything goes downhill....As you said, the ability to think and act on the fly is so important for young guys to learn.

I know the finish was bad and the count was close....I suspect he may have gotten his shoulder up before the three (though, I honestly didn't see it that way from my angle), but time was out, they weren't getting the message and I was trying to tell Shannon to stay down so we could get out of it without things getting worse...I knew we had to get it over with. I would normally never call a match when the last count was that close, but I was getting an earfull from the back and trying to relay it to guys who weren't getting the message of what we were trying to do. I knew we had to get it over.

Both of those guys have talent and skills enough to have done things better.

And then later in the thread he posts:

As far as how possibly being employed by WWE may affect how I approach my participation on this site....I would probably be much more discreet concerning WWE issues, but telling stories or relaying my feelings about professional wrestling, in general, would be no problem.

So he points out that if hired, he would be much more discreet concerning WWE issues, yet he goes on talking about all of this before he's even hired? I don't think it's a big deal, but you just know that some people in WWE could get pissed off about all of this, and it could even cost the guy a job.

On a side note, I'm really really happy about Scott Armstrong getting a job in WWE/ECW. Many of you might not care, but it's really cool news to me.

Good thing there aren't many schoolyard kids named "Vince" running around for that shirt to be used against.

Not too many schoolyard kids really wear wrestling shirts, unless it's Cena, usually.

^I heard Marty Janetty

Me too.

I remember alot of old timers posting there, sharing all kinds of fun stories and fucked up shit damn near noone knew about.

I can't really remember names off the top of my head, although I seem to remember Tom Zenk did.

I checked in w/ customer service regarding wwe.com not archiving the June 2006 matches and then making the month unavailable. Pretty much got the runaround . . . hopefully not.

http://www.wwe.com/subscriptions/technical

You have been connected to Laura Jones.

Laura Jones: Hello! Thank you for contacting Live Support. How may I assist you today?

Laura Jones: I see your additional information. One moment please.

Me: Ok

Laura Jones: Unfortunately, I do not have the information you're requesting. I will forward your request to the appropriate department.

Laura Jones: Have you checked to see if the June videos are now in each of their categories?

Currently experiencing network delays, one moment please....

Network connection re-established.

Me: Yeah, I checked the Undertaker category (since there were about 3-4 matches featuring him in June) and it wasn't archived.

Laura Jones: OK, thank you for letting us know.

Laura Jones: I will definitely forward this information on.

I doubt James beard would have heat over posting that. He's tight with JBL, Booker and all the old guys.

So after saying that the "EC F'N W" shirt was too "crass" and would turn away potential advertisers, they have now taken the high road with this beauty:

42076pi.jpg

Worst wrestling shirt ever?

Right down there with the likes of "Always Pounding Ass" for sure.

What a fucking tard.

And that shit was a joke, I think.

I read somewhere that while the shirt was on shopzone, you couldn't actualloy order it. It's suppossed to be another genious prank by DX on Vince.

ECW fans unleashed on the Animal

By Ed Williams III

August 3, 2006

Friday night on SmackDown, the Animal Batista will be unleashed at the friendly confines of the Continental Airlines Arena where he will try to harness his rage and overcome the crafty Mr. Kennedy. Tuesday night, however, was a different story when Batista went into the Hell’s Kitchen environment of New York City at the Hammerstein Ballroom. Normally an overwhelming fan favorite, Batista was nearly booed out of the building by the boisterous and passionate ECW faithful before, during and after his ECW World Title match against Big Show.

New York crowds have always been renowned for having unique opinions and a strong knowledge of the sports-entertainment landscape. But the New York ECW fans are an entirely different animal…no pun intended. Never afraid to express their freedom of speech, their undying love for all that is extreme makes them stand out as one of a kind.

But not only was Batista, who was entering enemy territory, booed, but the ECW faithful also decided to relentlessly boo their own World Champion Big Show. The avid ECW fans in New York at the Hammerstein Ballroom refused to accept Big Show as one of their own. Big Show has achieved success on both RAW and SmackDown, and the ECW fans seemed to have their minds made up to reject anyone that did not represent the old ECW that they were brought up with.

Just one day before his big match with Mr. Kennedy on SmackDown, WWE.com caught up with SmackDown’s Animal to get his thoughts on Tuesday’s near-mutiny at Hammerstein.

“I love that the ECW fans are so enthusiastic, but at the same time I think there are always a few morons that hate everything and crap all over everything,” said Batista. “I think some of them just go to chant and boo and make fools of themselves and don’t even appreciate what the guys in the ring are doing.”

Batista was also quick to note that ECW used to always be known for extreme matches. Since his match against Big Show was contested under traditional rules, the Animal said he wasn’t surprised at the reaction he got.

“I knew I wouldn’t be welcomed with open arms, and I was cool with that,” said Batista. “A lot of times the ECW crowd thinks they’re going to intimidate people. Honestly, I’ve seen and done it all. There’s not a whole lot that intimidates me. So, I wasn’t about to take any crap.”

Batista is no stranger to getting booed. In fact, until the weeks leading up to WrestleMania 21 two years ago, the Animal was a member of Evolution and drew the ire of WWE fans everywhere he went.

“A boo is a boo. It’s all the same to me,” said the Animal. “The only difference is that a boo in ECW might come with something flying at you, which is cool with me.”

While the ECW fans proved that they still have an “against the establishment” mentality, Batista and Big Show also went against the grain of what is often seen inside the squared circle once the cameras stopped rolling. Just moments after being knocked outside the ring with the ECW Title, Batista got back in the ring and shook his opponent’s hand. On a normal night, the Animal would be unleashed and there would be hell to pay.

“The bottom line is that Big Show is a guy I respect very much. I respect what he’s done and what he’s doing for ECW. He’s stepping up,” said Batista. “He’s proven he’s one of the top guys in sports-entertainment. I just respect him for that. We had our differences in the ring, but I think Big Show has become one of the best in the world. For a man his size to do the things he does – he deserves nothing but respect, and that’s what the handshake was all about.”

Following the incident, many speculated that Batista and Big Show’s friendly gesture was done to just further instigate the raucous crowd. But Batista said that wasn’t the case at all.

“It was just about mutual respect. If you go back and watch the match, and look at us, the crowd didn’t really affect either one of us. We gave it everything we had. We had a good, competitive match. It didn’t have anything to do with forming an allegiance because the crowd was against us.”

It’s pretty clear that Batista happily accepted the fans’ strong opinions of himself, but that wouldn’t stop him from getting another dose of extreme.

“I’d go back to [ECW] in a heartbeat,” he said. “I’d go back next week.”