TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Smackdown is way better, wrestling-wise, to RAW and ECW. I think people just bash it because it's on at an inconvenient time and they don't watch it.

Most of Smackdown's storylines actually make sense and are coherent (save for the Boogeyman stuff).

Basically yeah. I remember somebody posted a link to youtube about HBK's overselling of everything Hogan did in that match cause he wouldn't job. I'm not a fan of HBK, but I gotta admit I got a chuckle out of it when I saw it.

I'm actually looking forward to the best of Smackdown show as Smackdown has been really solid throughout the year. I think I enjoyed ECW a bit more this year just because it was only an hour and that hour would fly by while watching ECW. Show wise, it was ECW, Smackdown, then Raw for me. I don't care what anyone says, Raw has been basically shit all year long.

Basically yeah. I remember somebody posted a link to youtube about HBK's overselling of everything Hogan did in that match cause he wouldn't job. I'm not a fan of HBK, but I gotta admit I got a chuckle out of it when I saw it.

haha

That's what I thought.

I like how Hogan throws his hands up like "What the fuck"

lol

Problem with the "Best of Smackdown" is who is likely picking the "best of..." matches and moments. Chances are that we'll see a lot of Batista and The Undertaker...

Considering how the "Best of ECW" was basically the RVD/Show and Show/Lashley stuff with a couple quick videos putting over Sabu and Punk and quickie clips of the matches, I don't have much confidence with the best of smackdown which will probably cover Batista/Booker for about 90 minutes, show some UT/Kennedy stuff, Mysterio/Chavo and maybe a highlight package of Kendrick/London if they even bother.

Having not seen the best of ECW show due to lack of interest...did RVD-Holly extreme rules at least get some sort of mention? I mean, since that's the one ECW-style match they've had since the relaunch and all, you'd think they'd include it.

I recap I read did not seem to mention RVD/Holly or the superior RVD/Test match at all.

WWE.com promises big announcements in the coming days, one from a house show tomorrow night (so you know that's probably nothing other than a PPV announcement for Jersey or something similar, but we'll see) and Teddy Long apparently has something to say about the Royal Rumble and the World Championship this Friday.

Having not seen the best of ECW show due to lack of interest...did RVD-Holly extreme rules at least get some sort of mention? I mean, since that's the one ECW-style match they've had since the relaunch and all, you'd think they'd include it.

It was shown for a little bit, specifically the suplex through the table. RVD vs Test was neither mentioned nor shown, although last week's RVD vs Sabu vs Test match was shown for its final minutes, including the fan voting results.

As previously reported, writer Dave Lagana is pushing for Chris Masters to be moved to ECW. Masters seems to be doomed on RAW for a number of reasons, especially considering that a 145-pound man broke the Masterlock at the "Tribute to the Troops" show after nearly two years of it being Masters' gimmick. He's currently the "geek of the week" on the RAW brand as Triple H and Edge are constantly burying him to writer Brian Gewirtz and the McMahons. Furthermore, the stuff you occasionally see on TV in which he is made fun of (such as Triple H insulting him for losing 50 pounds), the same stuff happens backstage as well. There is a belief that he has potential and that he would be a better fit in the ECW locker room because he's a young guy and it's a young guy locker room. Futhermore, there wouldn't be any big stars there to rib him.

f4w.

Poor Chris..

I kind of feel for the guy. He was starting to find his groove during that RAW/Smackdown feud, where JBL constantly ripped on him. It's been obvious since he has lost the muscle, that most of his stuff comes off better in the ring. He still makes some horrendously bad mistakes once in a while, and would probably be a better fit on ECW, but for some reason I could see him working out on Smackdown too. There's really no one on that brand that would rib him.

RAW has too many "young & cocky" heel types right now, so they really should move Masters, but I think he'd work out better on Smackdown than on ECW.

Lagana thinks Chris Masters is the answer to ECW's lack of star power?? While I don't mind Masters heading to ECW necessarily, maybe trade him for Test (one musclehead for another) and give him a cougar inspired female manager. Too bad they fired Francine, as she would have worked in such a role. It's interesting that Edge is said to have McMahon and the writers ear.

I agree about there being too many young/cocky types on Raw, and Dan Rodimer is only going to add to that number.

As previously reported, writer Dave Lagana is pushing for Chris Masters to be moved to ECW. Masters seems to be doomed on RAW for a number of reasons, especially considering that a 145-pound man broke the Masterlock at the "Tribute to the Troops" show after nearly two years of it being Masters' gimmick. He's currently the "geek of the week" on the RAW brand as Triple H and Edge are constantly burying him to writer Brian Gewirtz and the McMahons. Furthermore, the stuff you occasionally see on TV in which he is made fun of (such as Triple H insulting him for losing 50 pounds), the same stuff happens backstage as well. There is a belief that he has potential and that he would be a better fit in the ECW locker room because he's a young guy and it's a young guy locker room. Futhermore, there wouldn't be any big stars there to rib him.

f4w.

Poor Chris..

Hope he enjoys being Hardcore Holly's and Test's lil bitch...

Masters won't get off that easy since ECW is taped in the same arena as Smackdown. More then enough guys on that show to mess with him. Bradshaw alone will make Chris Masters cry.

Also, Masters is a bitch for not defending himself. Edge failed when he tried to bulk up and HHH is fat.

I've noticed it, is there a story to it?

from what i understand management thinks that it will be confused too easily with the STFU, so benoit has to change his move. Pretty fucking shitty if you ask me.

It's not as if Benoit hadn't used the Sharpshooter as finisher in the past anyways. Hardly something to make a issue out of. He essentially moved from his #1 submission finisher to his #2 finisher. It'd be like bitching that Kane couldn't use the choke slam anymore because TBS uses it and had to use the tombstone instead.

WWE must think their fans are really fucking retarded if they think they'll see Benoit use the Crossface and say "OMG BENOIT'S DOING THE STFU".

Maybe it's because Benoit's crossface actually looks like it would hurt, whereas Cena leaves so much space between his arms and his opponents neck it's laughable. When he had the STFU on AAE, there was a two inch gap between Cena's arms/hands and anypart of AAE's head.

Or maybe they are already laying the groundwork for the Montreal Screwjob remake in a years time when Survivor Series takes place in MTL.

Masters can't say shit because HHH is management and Edge is obviously politically connected. The best thing he can do is keep his mouth shut, grin and bear it and bust his ass to get better in the ring, then jump to TNA and tell HHH to suckle his chode.

I would also like to point out that Beniot actually pulls back on the crossface while Cena looks like he's trying to take a big shit instead of pulling back. If thats the actual reason why Beniot has been using the sharpshooter a little bit more than the crossface....i'm calling "What the fuck!?".

ECW head booker Dan Lagana wants Gene Snitsky moved over from Raw to the ECW brand. In recent road agent meetings, agents Finlay & Arn Anderson have been pushing hard for Snitsky to have a bigger role. The problem is though that management feels ECW is becoming too much of a island of misfit Raw & Smackdown toys, and adding Snitsky would do nothing to decrease that image. Snitsky has been barely used since his tag team with Goldust was ended when Goldust was fired in June '06.

=========

An idiot fan decided it would be a good idea to throw a rock at Randy Orton's rental car as he was leaving the arena after the event ended. Randy got out of the car and started yelling obscene stuff at the fan who threw it, telling him to "Fuck off" etc. A father with a small child near the situation told him to watch his language and that "he paid for tickets and also Orton's salary" to which Orton replied something along the lines of "I'll take you any day, pal" and left.