TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Kip Frey knew absolutely nothing about wrestling when he ran WCW and yet the company had a brief financial resurgance under his run. Bill Watts has a great wrestling mind and his WCW run tanked business wise. If you know how to promote, market and have innovative ideas, product knowledge is not a necessity to be successful

Here's the Raw preview for Monday.

Kickin' off 2K7 South Beach-style

January 1, 2007One week removed from the fourth annual WWE Tribute to the Troops, Raw heads to tropical Miami on New Year’s Day to kick off 2007 in style.

A rap battle like no other

Less than a week before he will defend the WWE Championship against Umaga at New Year’s Revolution, John Cena will find himself in the ring against Kevin Federline in Miami. This battle has been brewing for weeks, and Federline has told The Champ that “I want some, so I’m going to come get some.” Will K-Fed become just another bump on Cena’s road to Umaga or will “America’s Most Hated” shock the world and upset The Champ? Tune in right at 9/8 CT, as K-Fed vs. Cena will kick off the show.

Can DX bounce back?

Two weeks ago, World Tag Team Champions Edge & Randy Orton left DX a bloody mess. Triple H & Shawn Michaels were beaten so badly that they needed to be helped to the locker room. Less than a week before their match at New Year’s Revolution, will DX be in any shape to attempt some revenge on Rated-RKO?

Last stop before Kansas City

Also at New Year’s Revolution, K-Fed’s buddy Johnny Nitro will challenge Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy in a Steel Cage Match and Mickie James will defend the Women’s Championship against Victoria. What else will be learned about the pay-per-view spectacular on Jan. 7?

Find out all this and more on Raw, Monday night at 9/8 CT on the USA Network.

I know I'm nit-pickin' again, but anyone else would have been sent to the hospital. DX gets one of the best beat downs in God knows how long and they only need a little help to the back.

After looking at the other jobs they have posted, the one that stands out the most is where they're looking for a new on-air talent. Looks like they're hiring for a new annoucer.

Guest JaKyL25
I don't recall Vader being the fourth man involved in the match, but yeah, I remember reading that.

I think they should have just done the schmozz at Survivor Series and had Bret either forfeit the title the next night or job it the next night.

It's Vince's own fault for giving Bret creative control then a year later telling him to shop around for employment elsewhere WHILE HE WAS CHAMPION.

Bret was willing to job the title to anyone but Michaels, since Michaels was the one who faked an injury to avoid jobbing to Bret earlier in the year. IIRC, Bret was even willing to job to Michaels if they waited until they got back to the States. He just didn't want to job to HBK in Canada, and he had the creative control to make that decision, and Vince AGREED ON TAPE that it would be a DQ ending.

LOL here we are almost a decade later still arguing about this.

Oh. It will be argued about until the end of time.

Actually I'm hoping that at Survivor Series '07 in Montreal it all comes out as the most well-protected work in history, but you're probably right.

I don't recall Vader being the fourth man involved in the match, but yeah, I remember reading that.

I think they should have just done the schmozz at Survivor Series and had Bret either forfeit the title the next night or job it the next night.

It's Vince's own fault for giving Bret creative control then a year later telling him to shop around for employment elsewhere WHILE HE WAS CHAMPION.

Bret was willing to job the title to anyone but Michaels, since Michaels was the one who faked an injury to avoid jobbing to Bret earlier in the year. IIRC, Bret was even willing to job to Michaels if they waited until they got back to the States. He just didn't want to job to HBK in Canada, and he had the creative control to make that decision, and Vince AGREED ON TAPE that it would be a DQ ending.

LOL here we are almost a decade later still arguing about this.

Oh. It will be argued about until the end of time.

Actually I'm hoping that at Survivor Series '07 in Montreal it all comes out as the most well-protected work in history, but you're probably right.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. What if this turned out to be the biggest/greatest work ever?

Good god, are you serious? Why do people even bother thinking stupid shit like that? Montreal isn't JFK. It's not an elaborate situation. The facts are right out there and it's been covered in total detail countless times in the past 10 years. People still try to make this out to more then it is.

did anyone bother to actually visit the site and check it out?

http://www.wwe-careers.com/wwe/jobboard/Se...3&Keywords=

don't let your ego get in the way, though.

Job Title: Creative Writer

Description:

JOIN THE MOST ELECTRIFYING COMPANY IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY TODAY!

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. develops and produces the last of the great variety shows on television, combining all the elements of entertainment: sitcom, talk show, soap opera, action-adventure, and drama. With 52 weeks of original programming, without an off-season or re-runs, it is quite a creative challenge to keep characters and story lines interesting and compelling. That's where you come in!

Requirements:

Qualified candidates should possess:

* BA/BS in Film, TV, Drama, Media Studies, Communications or equivalent

* Minimum of three to five years writing and production experience in network television

* Professional TV staff experience in drama and comedy a plus

* Experience in all aspects of live TV production a plus

* Highly creative (a prolific idea generator)

* Plugged into pop culture and trends

* Able to work closely and effectively with talent, writers, and producers throughout the creative process

* Strong understanding of WWE's audience (demographic and psychographic) a plus

* Must live in Stamford, CT area or be willing to relocate there

* Knowledge of WWE shows, talent, and storylines

* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment

* Flexible travel schedule (extensive travel required)

Twas good for a laugh.

Good god, are you serious? Why do people even bother thinking stupid shit like that? Montreal isn't JFK. It's not an elaborate situation. The facts are right out there and it's been covered in total detail countless times in the past 10 years. People still try to make this out to more then it is.

I was just thinking about it. Got damn. Chill out.

It's not just you, it's all over the place with people seriously thinking it was just a work.

I wasn't thinking of it as a serious thing.

Just one of those "Wouldn't it be crazy if..." typa things.

Guest JaKyL25

Ever since it was announced that the '07 Survivor Series will emanate from the scene of the crime, +10 years, I've just been wishing there's more to it than "Vince is a glutton for messing with Canadian fans about screwing Bret Hart."

I thought the beginning of the Vince/Michaels feud, combined with Bret's Hall of Fame induction, finally got it all out of his system. Then he goes and books Survivor Series in Montreal again.

"Back, and to the left..."

From WWE.com:

SYLVESTER TERKAY

Holiday plans: Whenever I am not beating people up, I will be enjoying the cuisine of Pittsburgh and the company of my family.

Holiday traditions: I will be defending my Scrabble championship within the family once again this year.

I bet at Survivor Series 07, you'll have Vince trying to screw whoever he's feuding with at the time, but they try to show how Shawn Michaels has "changed", as he steps in and says "NO VINCE, I WON'T ALLOW IT, NOT THIS TIME" and interferes, but then the montreal crowd boos him even worse and pelts him with various snacks and refreshments.

Guest JaKyL25

I guarantee Earl Hebner is back by then, or at the very least is back just for that show.

Dude..you take wrestling way to seriously to throw that much of a fit because someone said "What if, after all this time, it was a work.".

Though it was a work, I think I'd have to bow down to Vince for pulling off the best angle EVER done.

Dude..you take wrestling way to seriously to throw that much of a fit because someone said "What if, after all this time, it was a work.".

Though it was a work, I think I'd have to bow down to Vince for pulling off the best angle EVER done.

Exactly.........

I bet at Survivor Series 07, you'll have Vince trying to screw whoever he's feuding with at the time, but they try to show how Shawn Michaels has "changed", as he steps in and says "NO VINCE, I WON'T ALLOW IT, NOT THIS TIME" and interferes, but then the montreal crowd boos him even worse and pelts him with various snacks and refreshments.

es_vt_syrup_1_m.jpg

pelt them with buckets of maple syrup

poutine.gif

and the food that americans never heard of poutine

gyrodonair.jpg

donairs

source nodq.com

The in-ring promo Bobby Lashley did on the 12/19 ECW show, which did him no favors, is another example of rushing talent. Lashley, from a promo standpoint, is nowhere close to being ready for a main event spot. One person in the middle of all this said, "Bobby is another casualty of the preposterous expectations that creative has in terms of workers. He doesn't have experience or confidence in his own promos yet, yet he's in the top slot. Way too premature. Then again, most decisions these days are becoming increasingly impulsive.

from Figure Four Weekly Newsletter:

"Just when I think We’ve heard the best story ever, something tops it. The creators of the animated series Assy McGee have filed suit against WWE over the Vince McMahon’s Ass cartoon which debuted recently on WWE.com.

The way the story goes, Michael Cole, who runs WWE.com, asked one of his staffers to come up with a creative idea that the boss would like. Apparently this guy decided to just rip off Assy McGee, which is a sitcom that airs during Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network about a police offer who is — surprise, surprise — a walking ass with a gun. Worse, a few of the storylines from Mr. McMahon’s Ass were blatantly stolen from Assy McGee. Even more humiliating for Vince is that Cartoon Network is owned by TURNER BROADCASTING, his old rival, and they can’t even really take this to court since they’ve got no defense whatsoever. Vince loved the Vince McMahon’s Ass cartoon, thinking it was the best thing in the world that there was a CARTOON about HIS ASS, and when this all came down shortly before Christmas, Vince blew a gasket. Cole, who had hired a separate flash animator to produce the cartoon full-time and was also working on t-shirts (seriously), claimed he’d never even heard of Assy McGee. This hardly flew, and it appears WWE will have to pay for the mistake in cash to Turner. Cole is said to be in serious trouble and there is a chance he’ll be fired as head of WWE.com (though we’re told his Smackdown announcing gig is not in jeopardy)."

K-Fed vs. Cena will start off Raw tomorrow.

Smart move. People will be tuning in right away and that's what they want to see, this way they try to set up a sexy main event in hopes the casual people might stick around.

Smart move. People will be tuning in right away and that's what they want to see, this way they try to set up a sexy main event in hopes the casual people might stick around.

The only way that works is if K-Fed is part of it and they make that point clear.

The only way that works is if K-Fed is part of it and they make that point clear.

I could see them setting up a K-Fed, Nitro and R-RKO Vs DX, Cena and Hardy match. Allows to keep K-Fed in but with names the casuals will notice and ties up the three big matches with hype for NYR which is the upcoming sunday.

I didn't think Assy McGee had been running on Adult Swim for all that long. Then again, I haven't seriously tuned in to [AS] in for fucking ever.

I didn't think so either, I thought Assy started running a few weeks after the first Ass cartoon on WWE.com showed up but I know Adult Swim had been advertising Assy Mcgee for quite a long time, so maybe thats the point they're going to use. I have seen Assy Mcgee and man that show sucks.

and Mr McMahon's Ass was running ....when?

The cartoon or his actual ass? His actual ass has been running around exposed for a long while.