TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

The VC needs Skitchin, Hauting and Mega-Lo-Mania. I mean it really needs them.

EDIT: Can someone do me a sig or avatar of the fatality from RC where ther dude is falling through the pit through the various bansaws and stuff? That shit is too funny.

I haven't gone through them all but it might be in here:

http://www.whipassgaming.com/genesisreview...lchamp_demo.htm

didn't really like how the question was phrased, but wasn't at all surprised that it would come down to 'omg real or fake'.

Random q: for those who use that channel more or less, have you noticed weird things under voter data? I have been in most of the majority when it comes to votes and I predict pretty well... but my so called 'distance from popular opinion' is in kilometers! My brother who sucks at everything ever - is like 45m away!

I got the Wii Zapper, and I could not agree more that the trigger needs a spring.

That aside, I enjoyed Link's Crossbow Training... after I turned the speed of the cursor way down.

guys, I just had a ball with the Check Mii Out channel. The mario contest results are up, and apparently I came in the 8th level (whatever level means..), and my judging eye is average.

After seeing who the 'winner' was and the runners up, the channel asks you if you'd like to take a photo with your mii from the contest and your 'artisan'. The background was from Galaxy, and you can pose your miis in quite a few fun and ridiculous poses.. I had issues not laughing at some of the dumb poses they had, it was funny! So I posted the miis both jumping next to the fat hungry luma.

For a free and quirky channel, it sure was satisfying to go through the contest and results. I think I'm gonna submit one for the cleopatra contest. What about yall, anyone else using this?

guys, I just had a ball with the Check Mii Out channel. The mario contest results are up, and apparently I came in the 8th level (whatever level means..), and my judging eye is average.

After seeing who the 'winner' was and the runners up, the channel asks you if you'd like to take a photo with your mii from the contest and your 'artisan'. The background was from Galaxy, and you can pose your miis in quite a few fun and ridiculous poses.. I had issues not laughing at some of the dumb poses they had, it was funny! So I posted the miis both jumping next to the fat hungry luma.

For a free and quirky channel, it sure was satisfying to go through the contest and results. I think I'm gonna submit one for the cleopatra contest. What about yall, anyone else using this?

I'm in the Tooth Fairy contest. Vote for Thoth!

I got the Wii Zapper, and I could not agree more that the trigger needs a spring.

That aside, I enjoyed Link's Crossbow Training... after I turned the speed of the cursor way down.

Definitely. The speed was wayyyy too sensitive on default. I also found I had to adjust the height, but that may just have to do with my tv stand - I wish every game had that option though.

The new Trauma Center:

"Are you ready for some SURGERY?!" is the worst thing I have ever seen in the past week.

Greenpeace rated Nintendo (the Company) a Zero on their Greener Electronics Manufacturing Companies, ratings the first and only company to ever get across the board Zeros, but if you look at the PDF for Nintendo it seems as though Greenpeace never bothered to contact anyone at Nintendo to get their policies on the criteria they use to rate the companies.

Argh, I found out the wife would like a Wii for Christmas after playing one at her sister's house, but of course they're not available anywhere. I really don't feel like dealing with eBay.

Greenpeace rated Nintendo (the Company) a Zero on their Greener Electronics Manufacturing Companies, ratings the first and only company to ever get across the board Zeros, but if you look at the PDF for Nintendo it seems as though Greenpeace never bothered to contact anyone at Nintendo to get their policies on the criteria they use to rate the companies.

Yeah Nintendo's the hot company right now and gets tons of press so slagging them gets Greenpeace some good headlines. That's the reason they went after the iPhone too.

They're still not available over there? I could have sworn I've seen some on the shelves here.

God no, they are really hot here. I get atleast 10 people a day asking for them.

I don't know if Best Buy weekly fliers are the same elsewhere but here in New England they are advertising Wii availibility today. Minimum 18 per store. Also check your local Toys R Us if there are any around you because I hear they get shipments of a few every week and are first availible Sunday mornings.

Yeah, they must be hot around here...I have checked at least a half dozen stores in the past week, and none have them. I need to think of a different gift idea, probably.

So tomorrow The Dynastic Hero for the Turbo CD will be released for the Virtual Console. Why this is notable is that it's already on the VC - it's Wonder Boy in Monster World. I really would like to think Nintendo would have stepped in to stop this double-dipping but what do you expect from them?

So I got a wii for the family Christmas present. It comes with wii sports and we bought Mario Galaxy. We get paid again before Christmas. Should I buy an additional wii-mote and a couple of nun-chuck-things? Do they make the gaming experience more fun? There is also the option of buying a more classic style remote. Is the wii-mote and nun-chuck only good for some games or what?

I am quite the nintendo novice....well ever since Super Nintendo...lol.

Well I don't see why you'd want to buy 1 Wiimote and a couple of nunchucks. The system comes with one of each!

If it's a family gift you'll want to get at least an extra Wiimote so you can play 2-player Wii Sports. Rather than just buying the Wiimote on its own though you should buy Wii Play since its only $10 more than a Wiimote on its own and you get 1 Wiimote and a game which supposedly isn't all that good but considering it basically costs 10 bucks probably is a pretty good deal.

The classic controller is mainly used for Virtual Console games, but certain games like Resident Evil 4, Mortal Kombat Armageddon, and Geometry Wars Galaxies use it as well, although those games also work with the Wiimote and nunchuk. I don't think there are any retail games that only work with the classic controller.

So I got a wii for the family Christmas present. It comes with wii sports and we bought Mario Galaxy. We get paid again before Christmas. Should I buy an additional wii-mote and a couple of nun-chuck-things? Do they make the gaming experience more fun? There is also the option of buying a more classic style remote. Is the wii-mote and nun-chuck only good for some games or what?

I am quite the nintendo novice....well ever since Super Nintendo...lol.

Well, more wiimotes and nunchuks equal more players, simple as that. As far as the Classic Controller, that is mainly used for Virtual Console games, though some retail games (Geometry Wars, Guilty Gear) use it, too. However, ALL games use the Wiimote and nunchuck. It's the default controller for the Wii, and no game could get away with not using it.

Ok, so the console comes with the wiimote & nunchuck? Ok then, so I would just need to buy one more of each.....and then maybe another game.....

get Warioware if you'd like a nice multi-player game, Zack & Wiki if you'd like a great puzzle game, and Metroid if you'd like a great adventure/FPS.

< / wiicrazy >

edit: MrRant... do so NOW! Not that I can say I've beat it cuz I have not (damn Galaxy!) - but still. :)

Was that a spoiler? Cause if so, thanks <_<

Sorry, I thought everyone knew about/would expect that.

Yeah I kinda figured, but I'm such a mark I like to find out for myself.