TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

It was also revealed today that the Wii Download channel, in addition to offering DS demos, can offer full DS games.

When's this happening? I'm guessing it's a way to get games onto your DS (unless they mean to play it on the Wii) but then how would you save them to your DS?

This is the big question. I remember myself mentioning that they could sell a memory card that plugs into the GBA slot, if they wanted to do direct DS downloads. It's very possible to do this, as the DS Web browser comes with a RAM cartridge that fits into the GBA slot.

The big problem is making a cartridge with enough rewritable memory, which is more expensive than the non-rewritable. Of course, they could do what homebrew does: make a cartridge with a slot for an SD card. Hell, Wii already uses SD cards, so asking people to use SD cards for this wouldn't be a huge stretch for Nintendo's customers.

Edit: This was all a lie, apparently.

Star Tropics is coming to the VC Monday and you all need to buy it. Also, King of Fighters '94 but I don't really know anything about that.

Star Tropics is coming to the VC Monday and you all need to buy it. Also, King of Fighters '94 but I don't really know anything about that.

UHHHHHHHHHHH STARTROPICS AWESOME

Wait a minute.

How are they going to do the "Submerge the piece of paper" thing for VC? For those that don't know, Startropics had a piece of paper in the game box. Submerging it revealed a code you needed to proceed. This was done to piss off rental outlets and increase consumer sales of the game.

King of Fighters '94 is antquiated and broken, but has its moments.

King of Fighters '96 was the first "modern KoF" in my opinion.

Guest Smues

Wait a minute.

How are they going to do the "Submerge the piece of paper" thing for VC? For those that don't know, Startropics had a piece of paper in the game box. Submerging it revealed a code you needed to proceed. This was done to piss off rental outlets and increase consumer sales of the game.

So what was there to stop rental outlets from submerging the paper themselves and writing the code on the game itself or the box they rent it on or something?

Wait a minute.

So what was there to stop rental outlets from submerging the paper themselves and writing the code on the game itself or the box they rent it on or something?

No idea. I was like, 9 then. FYI, the code is 747.

Guest Smues

The code is the same for every game? Oh, I was thinking it was different for each cart. Well in that case I would assume they'll mention it when you download it or something. Or just count on people to look it up when they get stuck.

Double Yes!!!

This game looks pretty cool.

It's an action RPG from the makers of Odin Sphere for PS2. Unfortunately it hasn't to my knowledge been announced for a US release but I'm sure it will.

If God Awful Crap Game from D3 # 690 gets a US release, it definitely should.

I wonder what new name they will use. I can actually remember that the title is Oboro Muramasa Youtouden from memory (sadly), and I think it would be totally worth keeping just to see Gamestop pimples try to pronounce it.

I hope it is more action than RPG and fixes the more annoying bits of Odin Sphere.

Well, Wikipedia tells me that "Oboro is Japanese for "vague", "dim", or "misty", often relating to the moon." And Muramasa was a famous swordsmith during 16th century Japan. Youtouden, I don't know.

Moon Sword? Moon Blade? Lunar Blade!

So, my Wii controller has failed on me. I was playing Galaxy this morning when suddenly the nunchuk just stopped working. So I disconnected it and reconnected it, and the machine didn't recognize that the nunchuk was attached. So I tried connecting the classic controller to play some VC games, and it too didn't work. So the problem must be with the remote, more specifically with the adapter on the remote to which you attach accessories, but otherwise the remote works fine. Anyone else had this problem?

nah man, that's a bummer. Nintendo customer service may tell you to smack it and it'll work like new, but I'm not sure if that's advice that could be applied to your adapter problem.

You guys hear about No More Heroes coming out a month early? Ubisoft wants to avoid the death of sales by not coming out the same day as Smash Bros, which is good news for me (LJ wants) ... but not for my wallet.

One day I'll have to stop buying so many damn Wii games. Supporting good third party games isn't cheap!

One day I'll have to stop buying so many damn Wii games. Supporting good third party games isn't cheap!

It is on the Wii (in relation to the other systems)! :D

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that No More Heroes is good just yet, though. The Suda games we've had a chance to play are kind of "eh," really.

Wow I can't wait for that. I honestly haven't played this game since I had it when I was a kid and finished it. I think I lent it to my cousin and never saw it again, heh. This will probably be the first VC game I sit down with and spend some real time on!

Some Wii thoughts, as I just recently played the console for the first time. My sister bought one solely to play Mario Galaxy and some VC games. I have never had much of an interest in the console, though after playing Galaxy, I liked the game enough to finish it in the past week. I was surprised that a live orchestra was used for a great deal of the soundtrack. Sounded good.

There is something about the ergonomics of the classic controller that doesn't jive with my hands. The layout of the buttons and/or the travel when pressing them down makes my fingers very fatigued. I can only last for a few stages in Shinobi III before I want to quit in discomfort.

Star Tropics is coming to the VC Monday and you all need to buy it.

In case anyone is unfamiliar with Star Tropics:

That guys review of Splatterhouse made me go and buy it on the VC.

Super Mario Galaxy question: I guess I will put spoiler tags just in case

As like all Mario games I noticed that reading the walkthrough that you can either fast track it to Bowser or try to actually "complete" the game by getting all 120 stars, unlocking luigi and getting the 121st star......I also noticed that once you get 60 stars you are given the option to fight Bowser.....

So is it true that you are given the option to beat the game after getting 60 stars, no matter what your actual game progress is at or is the game setup that once you get to 60 stars you will have had to beat every planet on every galaxy anyway?

Got StarTropics on the VC today.

To answer the question about the letter:

In the operations guide for the game, go to the "story" part. There should be a clickable option of "letter"

The letter that was included in the original game appears...as well as a little graphic of a piece of paper over a bucket of water. Click the paper, it'll dunk and reveal the code.

Super Mario Galaxy question: I guess I will put spoiler tags just in case

As like all Mario games I noticed that reading the walkthrough that you can either fast track it to Bowser or try to actually "complete" the game by getting all 120 stars, unlocking luigi and getting the 121st star......I also noticed that once you get 60 stars you are given the option to fight Bowser.....

So is it true that you are given the option to beat the game after getting 60 stars, no matter what your actual game progress is at or is the game setup that once you get to 60 stars you will have had to beat every planet on every galaxy anyway?

Typically its 4 or 5 stars for every planet, so once you have the 60 stars you can if you so wish skip every remaining planet you havnt done and go straight to bowser.

However to "complete" the game and get 121 stars and luigi, you have to beat bowser in the first place as completion of the main story mode is what unlocks the purple comets which allows you to get to 120

So how do I run a search for a specific mii? My wife's cousins family has a Wii and they just went online with it, and we want to import each other's miis onto our respective wiis so they will be on there when we go to each other's houses to play.....

Either:

1) Upload them to the "Check Mii Out" channel, and let each other know what the code number is for each Mii.

or

2) Go to your Mii plaza, and select "Mii Friend" (the envelope on the right w/ the smiley face) - you can send Mii's directly to whoever is on your friend list.

You can also load Mii's to a Wiimote, which you can then bring to each other's houses to use/upload.