TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

The Office, Season 3

"Jim has worked the same job for the last five years. Jim eats the same ham and cheese sandwich for lunch every day. I dunno, if I was a betting man I'd say Jim will have a fun weekend in Philadelphia".

And when he finally changes things up and eats a tuna sandwich, he gets an annoying new nickname for it...he'll never make any changes again...

I think I might have to order that one online, I've searched quite a few places that do special orders around here and nobody seems to carry it.

Want a great price on it?

Go to Google Checkout and sign up. Once you sign up, then go to DVDPlanet and you'll see Lolliove for $11.95. Add it to your cart, and on the next screen, instead of going to the normal DVDPlanet checkout, click on the Google Checkout button. On the next page, sign in and pick the $1 shipping (if you want), and the final total for the Lollilove DVD will be $2.95/shipped.

If you are already a member of Google Checkout, sign up again using a different credit card number to get the $10 off first order discount again.

This is really the first year I've watched this show regularly, so I want to catch up. I have Netflix for two more months, so I'm going to go through the DVD sets. Which season should I go with first, 1 (since it's the first), or 2 (since a lot of people say it's better with the Jim and Pam story and all).

I :wub: NBC.

I tune in to see if Bush is done yapping and all the analyists are done yapping about Bush.....and there's an episode on right now. It's the one where they go to the Indian party and Michael proposes to Carol.

I saw a commercial for a company I now forget (some sort of insurance, I think... SmartBuy?) during NewsRadio on TBS (off topic: the episode was really funny, making me think season 5 / Max Lewis is underrated in the wake of the greatness that was Phil Hartman / Bill McNeal - or this just happened to be the exception to the rule, I don't know). The plot of the commercial was about a jingle or something, I only caught the end...

Long story short, the name plate on the guys desk said Michael Scott. I would so get insurance from this company for referencing the office.

It involved Dave becoming addicted to a white noise machine (which Max pointed out was implausible) and Max and Lisa fighting over "This Day in History". Joe was really funny throughout.

I saw a commercial for a company I now forget (some sort of insurance, I think... SmartBuy?) during NewsRadio on TBS (off topic: the episode was really funny, making me think season 5 / Max Lewis is underrated in the wake of the greatness that was Phil Hartman / Bill McNeal - or this just happened to be the exception to the rule, I don't know). The plot of the commercial was about a jingle or something, I only caught the end...

Long story short, the name plate on the guys desk said Michael Scott. I would so get insurance from this company for referencing the office.

I think you're referring to Safe Auto Insurance. The first manager at the desk had a nameplate that said Bill Lumbergh.

Ryan has been a dick, but only because he's going through that grad-to-adult transition. I hope he ends up a likable character, though.

Overall I liked The Return. It was funny to see Michael out-awkwarded, becase Crrell's a good actor, and I like the the charcter's aren't one-not.

And I loved Angela in this episode. She's really pretty when she smiles, and I like the development of her character.

In general, I like all the minor characters. Meredith is very one-note, but it's not like she eats up screentime.

Rainn Wilson was on a rerun episode of Conan tonight. Surprisingly not funny, he just seemed very nervous and off-tempo with Conan.

Either way, he'll get better with public relations, as he's obviously just pants-pissing hilarious. From some of the outtakes, to making even 6' Under character funny. (The most depressing show ever.)

I like Ryan. He seems the most normal of anyone on the show and I can actually relate to him the most.

Plus the sequence with him giving his excuses for not going to the restaurant with Michael and gang was one of my favorites of the year. Especially when he rattled off five more after Jim called him on it, then said "Use your head, man. I keep mine in here. Look alive, Halpert. Welcome back."

It was a perfectly executed scene.

I think you're referring to Safe Auto Insurance. The first manager at the desk had a nameplate that said Bill Lumbergh.

That's the one. I missed the first nameplate - even more awesome.

That's the one. I missed the first nameplate - even more awesome.

It is... although I'm not sure I'd want to WORK there...

Ryan is SO in my top five on that show, hands down. The most "normal" and "real" character they've got and if I were to say that the show is being narrated from one characters perspective it'd be him.

I think my favorite jaded Ryan quote was: "If I had to, I could clean out my desk in 5 seconds and nobody would know I had ever been here. And I'd forget too."

If anyone missed "Conflict Resolution" or "Initiation" (Beet farm antics!), that's on tonight instead of ER. I believe the episode where Dwight tries to usurp Michael is airing in the regular time slot.

If next week we see Andy still acting all buddy-buddy with Jim I'm gonna be pissed. If Andy managed to retrieve his cell phone he'll be able to look at the call log and see that the only two calls were coming from Jims desk and reception and even if he hasn't found it he should have a pretty good idea that it was Jim behind it.

And for no reason I'm calling a Karen/Roy hookup.

The producer's cut's final scene was Andy being sent to Anger Management classes for 10 weeks.

"But I expect to be out in 5. How? Name repetition, personality mimicing, and nodding and smiling."

So I assume he's taking a break from the show, unless we see him there. They'll probably bring it up in a talking head since it wasn't in the episode (and I'm not sure why it wasn't, since it's pretty important).

I'd prefer if he goes to the anger management class once a week during the evening or on Saturday for 10 weeks, like they do in the real world.

Guest Shylock
The producer's cut's final scene was Andy being sent to Anger Management classes for 10 weeks.

"But I expect to be out in 5. How? Name repetition, personality mimicing, and nodding and smiling."

So I assume he's taking a break from the show, unless we see him there. They'll probably bring it up in a talking head since it wasn't in the episode (and I'm not sure why it wasn't, since it's pretty important).

Greg Daniels (I think?) said that NBC wouldn't give them the extra few minutes during the credits sequence thing like they usually do, for some reason. That's why it got cut. As did the other Angela/Pam scene in the Producer's Cut as well.