TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

PlayStation 3

Well I've had my ps3 for about five days now. I really like it so far.

Fight Night Round 3 has been tremendously fun for me. Resistance:Fall of Man has my attention so far as well, and I'm not usually a big first person shooter guy. Lair I'm on the fence with so far. It has a WII like control thing going on where you move the controller to control what happens onscreen. I'm not quite sure if I like that. Ninja Gaiden: Sigma is just as badass as the last one I played on the original X-Box. Now I just have to read the manual and figure out how to hook the think up to my cable internet.

Assassin's Creed. Buy it today.

I've been wanting to play it since I started browsing games for the ps3, so I will definitely pick it. Unfortunately I'll have to rent my games for awhile until I get my bills caught up. That's a plus with having a gf who works at Blockbuster though she can get me three games a week for free. Works for me though.

What's generic is saying PS3 has "no games" and then backing it up with ok yeah there's those but well....they don't personally interest me.

There were 3 main problems that caused PS3 hate. Price, exclusives and bad multiplatform ports. All 3 are being taken care of. 2008 is going to be very good. I don't think it has much chance to outsell 360 but for game quality it should be a close rival.

Heavenly Sword -> GOW2

Resistance -> Halo 3, Gears, etc.

I'll give you Warhawk and Motorstorm, although I played the latter and didn't enjoy it at all, whatever.

So with Tekken, Warhawk, and Motorstorm, you've got a system library? Please.

Ratchet and Clank lose massive points for just absolutely abandoning multiplayer gaming when its starting to matter most. Um, hello, I played online Ratchet and Clank with a PS2 modem, and they don't offer it for a game that goes with an online system!?

If you're discounting an entire game because of points like not original enough, no multiplayer or "I'm just not interested in that" then you could narrow down the library of every system. If we're doing that I need to start posting in the Wii thread.

What's generic is saying PS3 has "no games" and then backing it up with ok yeah there's those but well....they don't personally interest me.

There were 3 main problems that caused PS3 hate. Price, exclusives and bad multiplatform ports. All 3 are being taken care of. 2008 is going to be very good. I don't think it has much chance to outsell 360 but for game quality it should be a close rival.

I'm sorry, but isn't that the whole point of a game in a world like retail where everyone is after your money? I could make the best game in the world, but if it doesn't create the interest then its not going to matter at all. I look at Motorstorm and it looks like a boring dirt track racing game. It has nothing going for it as far as I can see. The Sixaxis control on it is total wank.

Resistance, again, didn't interest me as a release title, so again restricted my desire to buy a PS3. So once again a lack of INTEREST hindered the PS3.

Warhawk looks half interesting with it being online only.

And like I said before, most of the other games on the PS3, I can pick up on the 360 for £10-£20 cheaper with exactly the same features, if not improved ones (Frame rate, custom soundtracks, decent online play). I can tell you now, saving £10-£20 on a game has me VERY interested.

Ok yeah but there's not much of a point, it doesn't make for good forum discussion.

You: The PS3 has no games.

Andrew: Here is a list of acclaimed games.

You: Well I personally don't care about those.

cue crickets chirping.

I don't care enough about Heavenly Sword or Ratchet to go in depth about them. I haven't played Ratchet and I've already talked about HS enough at other places. Which means I also suck at forum discussion. That's why I didn't go into the Wii thread to tell everyone how WIi has no games because I'm not interested in Smash and Mario.

That's true but there isn't any shame in being a downloadable game these days. At least there shouldn't be.

But PS3 has Tekken 6 exclusive. GOTY 2008.

I don't care enough about Heavenly Sword or Ratchet to go in depth about them. I haven't played Ratchet and I've already talked about HS enough at other places. Which means I also suck at forum discussion. That's why I didn't go into the Wii thread to tell everyone how WIi has no games because I'm not interested in Smash and Mario.

That's true but there isn't any shame in being a downloadable game these days. At least there shouldn't be.

But PS3 has Tekken 6 exclusive. GOTY 2008.

Grand Theft Auto 4?

I don't see how they can do much more to Tekken that hasn't already been done. More characters? Sure that'll be cool, more arenas, that'll be cool too. But it'll still be the same Tekken that was on the PS1, there's just not enough scope on the game to change it around enough to make it 'fresh' and GOTY worthy, in my opinion.

Psh. I would have felt the same about Tekken 3.

There's always room for improvement and tweaking.

And the best fighting game will always be someone's GOTY.

So I was thinking about possibly picking up a PS3 soon. Am I correct in saying that every model except for the 40G has the backwards compatibility?

So I was thinking about possibly picking up a PS3 soon. Am I correct in saying that every model except for the 40G has the backwards compatibility?

Not exactly.

20 GB and 60 GB have hardware BC.

80 GB has software BC, so it works with a limited number of titles, and is not expected to recieve many updates.

Not exactly.

20 GB and 60 GB have hardware BC.

80 GB has software BC, so it works with a limited number of titles, and is not expected to recieve many updates.

Hahaha stupid Microsoft, releasing so many different versions of the XBox. It just confuses the customer. Sony was so right to trash them for that......wait a minute...

link

Wal Marts Secret Saturday (day after BF) offer on the 80 GB PS3 is Any 10 (Ten) Blu Ray Movies under $30 for FREE INSTANTLY plus the 5 mail in ones free.

Jesus, 15 movies. That's a pretty sweet deal, although are there good BR movies out for under $30? Up here in Canada I don't see many Blu-Ray/HDDVD titles for under $35. But then we are getting fucked on DVD prices despite the 1:1 dollar exchange rate.

So I have a question about the ps3. I connected my ps3 to my comcast modem today so that I could try to download one of the ps3 fire pro returns saves, or files or whatever. However my internet on the ps3 won't let me download or view videos. I can look at websites and pictures, but when I tried to download any type of file it mentions something along the lines of "insert media storage into save destination" or something like that. How in the world do I get past this problem?

Uncharted is great. It's the platforming of POP and the new Tomb Raider games with the combat of Gears of War backed up with high production values. Likable characters, good voice acting, and amazing graphics and animation. Everything looks good, even small details like walking down stairs. The only game I've played this year that comes close is Assassin's Creed. "It's like playing a movie" is a worn out way to hype a game but it's so true for this. If there is any justice this will be brought up in GOTY discussions.

Uncharted is great. It's the platforming of POP and the new Tomb Raider games with the combat of Gears of War backed up with high production values. Likable characters, good voice acting, and amazing graphics and animation. Everything looks good, even small details like walking down stairs. The only game I've played this year that comes close is Assassin's Creed. "It's like playing a movie" is a worn out way to hype a game but it's so true for this. If there is any justice this will be brought up in GOTY discussions.

The commercials and reviews have me interested. I heard it can be difficult at times, but then again that is a good thing. I think I might ask for it for Christmas, because I really can't go out and spend $60 on a game at the moment.

Guest NYankees

The commercials and reviews have me interested. I heard it can be difficult at times, but then again that is a good thing. I think I might ask for it for Christmas, because I really can't go out and spend $60 on a game at the moment.

How are you enjoying the PS3 so far Mike? I went out and bought the 80gb model with the Motorstorm game attached, Firepro and Uncharted. I am really enjoying Uncharted so far, I have only played an hour so far. I do plan on renting a couple of games per month from gamefly. Has anybody played COD4 yet? If so, is it as great as the reviews are making it out to be.

How are you enjoying the PS3 so far Mike? I went out and bought the 80gb model with the Motorstorm game attached, Firepro and Uncharted. I am really enjoying Uncharted so far, I have only played an hour so far. I do plan on renting a couple of games per month from gamefly. Has anybody played COD4 yet? If so, is it as great as the reviews are making it out to be.

I am enjoying it a bunch.

I have Madden 07 which I bought used for $12.00, Marvel Alliance which I bought used for $20, and Assassins Creed.

Uncharted is on my radar for Christmas.

I know my parents are probably getting Guitar Hero 3 w/wireless Guitar as a family gift.

Also, Spiderman 3 blu-ray looked excellent as do my standard DVDs.

Good purchase, definately.

Has anybody played COD4 yet? If so, is it as great as the reviews are making it out to be.

Anya owns it, I do believe, and personally vouches that it's great, and the PS3 version is better than 360. It just suffers from short campaign length (6 hours).

Guest NYankees

Good. I just got a gamefly account and I put COD4 on it. I would feel stupid paying 60 dollars for a game that only lasts 6-10 hours.

Has anybody played COD4 yet? If so, is it as great as the reviews are making it out to be.

Anya owns it, I do believe, and personally vouches that it's great, and the PS3 version is better than 360. It just suffers from short campaign length (6 hours).

How so?

How so?

Better graphics, smoother framerate, and more players online.

How so?

more players online.

Thats more like it. Plus, online is free. So yeah...PS3 is the better option.

How so?

more players online.

Thats more like it. Plus, online is free. So yeah...PS3 is the better option.

PS3 online is free? Is that for all games?

I guess so, but I would be shocked if EA isnt' charging(if they aren't).

I asked the EA Rep when he came into work about this, he didn't confirm anything, as he doesn't know 100%, but he said that something would have to be done to pay for EA's Servers for online play on the PS3. I don't know if Sony will pay for them, or if they'll be a monthly sub like some PS2 games had - but I really wouldn't be surprised to see something happen if PS3's online gaming become/is popular.

In Europe and the UK the PS2 online gaming didn't take off at all, though it was never supported as much as it was in Japan and the US - The Resident Evil Outbreak games bottled the online feature in Europe, removing it from the game. I think #File2 still worked.

Until PSN gets the usability of LIVE, I will stick to more or less buying multiplayer games on my 360. Perhaps HOME will help the PS3's cause.