TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

TV deaths that pissed you off or upset you

What TV deaths bothered you, people that died and you didn't want to see it

Season 4 of the wire:

Bodie

, other than Omar this was my favorite charcter. And what sucked is you saw it coming and knew he was done for. You knew

Stringer

had to go the season before, and to move the story it made sense. But this one bugged me

Season 5 of 24:

Tony

, I think he was my favorite charcter on the show period, and they had him go out like a little bitch

Tony Almeida going out like a wuss really pissed me off. Season 4 was Tony's best season and to have him basically be a guest star in season 5 and go out getting stabbed with a syringe by Henderson was bullshit.

And to act like a total moron in the process.

Same with Curtis. Totally broke character with the Curtis that you are used to in order to eat a neck bullet. I didn't really care about Curtis but that Tony one did piss me off.

One of my all-time 24 markout moments was early in Season 4 when Jack needs to call someone he can trust and with him not being listed on the cast it was a total fucking moment when Tony burst through the door in that warehouse.

Pretty pretty please no spoilers from The Wire in this thread! I just got seasons 2 and 3 in the mail yesterday and plan on slamming through them this week.

What TV deaths bothered you, people that died and you didn't want to see it

Season 4 of the wire:

Bodie

while I did hate that one,

Wallace

getting killed fucking sucked!

Clark's dad on Smallville. It wasn't that he died, it was he died so that stupid bitch Lana could live when she was already the water treading character. I knew he would die eventually but to die because Clark wanted to save Lana for a future second helping of ass slapping wasn't cool.

Anya on Buffy. Talk about going out like a bitch. Her death scene was a 10 second cut-in where she gets a sword across her back shoulder. Lame Joss, really lame.

I've only seen Season One of The Wire so far, but the killing of

Wallace

really bothered me.

I understand why that's a harsh death, but I think it was needed to let you know that the bad guys were bad guys. It was sad though.

I agree with Clark's dad on Smallville, Lana needed to be done with much sooner and they pussed out

Tony Almeida's death strikes me as the moment 24 has kind of jumped the shark for me. It's still a good show but it just hasn't been a great one since that moment. And Curtis' death was terrible and lame and at this point just feels like "oh, 24's killing off their supporting characters that even have a fragment of a chance of being as cool as Jack again." At least Curtis' death had a POINT, though, unlike Tony's.

Well, I was sad when they killed off Coach on Cheers, but it couldn't piss me off since him getting killed off in real life made it tough to have him continue on the show.

The Shield. If you've seen it, you know the one I'm talking about. It was just hard to watch even though we all kind of knew it was coming.

Tara on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, especially since they kileld ehr off the same damn episode they made her a regular.

Joss Whedon said he'd always wanted to put someone in the credits just to kill them off the same episode. He'd wanted to do that to Xander's friend Jesse who died in the series pilot, but they didn't have the money to redo the opening credits.

When I was a kid I was mad when they killed off Tasha Yar on Star Trek: the Next Generation, but as I got older I realized that (a) she was a worthless character, (b) the show was much better without her, and © Denise Crosby couldn't act.

Also, I think they had planned to kill off Mandy on The West Wing, but it would've made the show too dark, so they just pretended she'd never existed for the next 6 years.

The Shield. If you've seen it, you know the one I'm talking about. It was just hard to watch even though we all kind of knew it was coming.

Yup, when I watched that the second time through I was just hoping he wasn't going through with it again :'-( that was vicious

Since I've been watching it recently to catch up since I was born after the series ended, I have to wonder:

How many people were upset by Henry Blake's death at his last appearance on M*A*S*H

When they axed Morph (Changeling, for you comic fans) on Ep. 2 of X-Men: The Animated Series.

When Big Show dropped Angle off a platform and for a week everyone assumed they killed off Angle.

Jackie Jr. on Sopranos.

Morph came back, though.

I forgot about Blake on M*A*S*H. I remeber watching that and sitting in stunned silence wheny they announced his plane had been shot down.

I know that Joss had wanted to do what he did with Tara with Jesse, but still it sucked.

And who was Mandy? was she the political advisor that Josh had a fling with in Season 1?

watching

JT

get wacked on Degrassi:TNG last night was pretty tough...

They killed ANOTHER one?!?! Good god. One girl transfers after being put in a coma, one kid blows his brains out after going on a shooting spree and now THIS? Damn, that's a rough class to be part of.

Teri's death was rad. That was the ultimate capper to that season. Jack goes through so much, and things appear to finally be over, then WHAMO! You're fucking wife's dead, dude. No no, Teri had to die and it made the end of the season that much better

Teri's death was rad. That was the ultimate capper to that season. Jack goes through so much, and things appear to finally be over, then WHAMO! You're fucking wife's dead, dude. No no, Teri had to die and it made the end of the season that much better

You can say that now, but at the time it was quite the shock and upset me and a lot of other people..

I took Dr. Marvin Monroe's death pretty hard...

As an aside, re: Marvin's post, I can't really fathom being genuinely upset by the death of a television character. Annoyed or angered, sure.

You can say that now, but at the time it was quite the shock and upset me and a lot of other people..

I concur, when I saw it I just kinda did an "oh...my...God..." it was very emotional and draining, but reflecting I say she had to go

Some upset me but I can't say any pissed me off because they were all pretty much handled well.

Fred dying in "Hole in the World" in the last season of Angel got me. As did Wesleys in the series finale...two of the best scenes of acting I have ever seen in television. EVER. I guess the fact that all of them died in the last show was shocking, but didn't upset me that much because of how kick ass it was.

Oh, Cordillas character dying. Not so much at the time, but when I rewatched the whole angel series and saw how important she was again, it just plain sucked.

For some reason Ryan Chapplles death on 24 got me more than anyones. Something about how he had been hardass the entire time, and when he told jack to wait RIGHT as the tear fell from his eye....got me right then. Then him begging to be able to do it himself and not being able to. Man....that was some TV.

No deaths on Buffy ever got to me. Joyce bothered me cause it hit too close to home. But on Angel I was upset by Wes, Fred, and Doyal's deaths. I nearly got misty with Doyle

Joyce's death was incredibly sad, but that was a great episode. It does hit close to home, but that's sort of the point.

Anya's death did piss me off. Stabbity, then a 2-second eulogy by Xander. Fucking lame. I knew what he was going for, and he did the same thing, to much, much better effect when

Wash was killed in 'Serenity'

It didn't help that the special effects when Anya died literally made me laugh the second time I watched it.