TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Out of Sight

I don't even remember it getting a theatrical release, but I remember watching it on video way back, and now it comes on cable/satellite a bunch. Another flick with J-lo before she was a star/diva.

I always thought this movie deserved better.

This film didn't get much attention? I saw it in the theaters and loved it. Great movie with a great cast, especially Don Cheadle. It's been on the Encore movie channels a lot lately, and I always enjoy catching half an hour of it here or there.

Fantastic film, essentially the film that gave Steven Soderbergh his career back, the peak of Jennifer Lopez's abilities as an actress, George Clooney showing how suave and cool he'd get as an actor. And just a kick ass cast (Ving Rames, Catherine Keener, Luis Guzman, Don Chedale, Dennis Farina, Michael Keaton, Albert Brooks, Steve Zahn).

See the damn film, best Elmore Leonard adaptation ever.

"You want to sit down and have cocktails with a woman who shot at you?"

Great movie. It even spawned a TV series called Karen Cisco based on the female character played by Lopez.

I don't know that the movie led to Karen Sisco. It seems to me that Danny Devito was trying to get a successful Elmore Leonard project onto television more than anything. Anyways, Carla Gugino was about 100x hotter as Sisco, it was a nice touch with Keaton reprising his Ray Nicolet role, and one of three good Leonard adaptations out there.

...before it was Ocean's 11 it was Out of Sight!

The funny thing about this is that Ocean's 11 feels more in tune with Get Shorty and Jackie Brown than Out of Sight. Speaking of Get Shorty, I still can't believe how much Be Cool blew. The writers and director totally didn't get what Leonard was doing with that novel (well, aside from a blatant cash grab).

Here's to hoping Tishimongo Blues will be much better.

Great movie. It even spawned a TV series called Karen Sisco based on the female character played by Lopez.

I don't know that the movie led to Karen Sisco. It seems to me that Danny Devito was trying to get a successful Elmore Leonard project onto television more than anything. Anyways, Carla Gugino was about 100x hotter as Sisco, it was a nice touch with Keaton reprising his Ray Nicolet role, and one of three good Leonard adaptations out there.

Fair enough. I wasn't aware of that. And Carla Gugino is hot no matter where she shows up.

Surprisingly great movie. They changed some minor things but it's probably the best adaptation of a Elmore book.

Great film and certainly the one that saved Clooney's move to the big screen after some real stinkers (Peacekeeper/Batman & Robin/One Fine Day)