TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
k thx

British posters of the board

And we're English, not British.

Apart from MB, who is so emphatically not English he will kill you for implying it.

And we're English, not British.

Apart from MB, who is so emphatically not English he will kill you for implying it.

Scottish Blood, English Heart

Also, fuck Wales

I have nothing against the English, except their place of birth.

In all seriousness though, the British posters on here are pretty good. Huzzah, let's continue stroking each others' egos.

Guest Oedipus Rex
I'm seriously asking this because I don't know: what is the difference...and don't get defensive brits, I seriously want to know.

Great Britain is an island, on it are Scotland, England, and Wales. The United Kingdom comprises those three on Great Britain plus Ulster, a.k.a. Northern Ireland. (EDIT: The Great in Great Britain is to distinguish it from Little Britain, or Brittany, which is a peninsula on France whose inhabitants speak a dialect related to Welsh. Brittany was also a girl I had a crush on.) The British Isles comprise Great Britain, Ireland (even though Eire is not part of Britain or the UK, geographically, it is a British Isle), plus those little specks like the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands, and so on, which are protectorates of the British Crown, whose residents are caught in some half-British limbo, where they are British citizens, but not part of the United Kingdom. (It's their Puerto Rico.) Thus, all English are British, but not all British are English. Some British are Scottish, some identify as Cornish, some are Welsh. Northern Irish are just Irish, though their fellow countrymen are British, not Irish. The Manx are Manx, the Guernseymen Guernseymen, though as dependencies, most of their affairs are handled by the British.

You are hopeless.

Nope, it's the British posters who are hopeless. When I say Brits are cool until I talk to them on here, I literally mean the folks on this site.

You aren't making a point. Once again, you take this forum too seriously.