TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

OAO ECW Thread for 2/20/07

Bobby Lashley walked onto SmackDown soil at No Way Out where he snapped and nearly crippled ECW World Title contender Mr. Kennedy with a steel chair. Following the vicious beating, ECW.com has learned that Lashley will put his ECW World Championship on the line this Tuesday night on ECW on Sci Fi against Mr. Kennedy and Hardcore Holly.

Also, the qualifying matches for this year's Money in the Bank Ladder Match will continue on ECW on Sci Fi as CM Punk faces Johnny Nitro one-on-one. At WrestleMania 23, six men will collide for the opportunity to compete for a World Championship of their choosing - any time, any place. Which young, hungry star will advance to the grandest stage of them all on April 1?

The story of the New Breed in the Land of the Extreme continued last week on ECW on Sci Fi. Two of the brand’s most outspoken Extremists, Elijah Burke & Matt Striker, had their way with Originals Sabu & Rob Van Dam in the night’s main event. If that wasn’t enough to hurt the Originals’ confidence, Kevin Thorn & Marcus Cor Von also picked up a victory against Sandman & Tommy Dreamer.

What can the Originals do to bring domination back in their corner? Is ECW officially New Breed territory? If the New Breed Extremists continue to work together, it could be a rough ride for the men Vince McMahon deemed “troublemakers.”

Finally, Snitsky made his presence felt once more last week when he attacked yet another Extremist, CM Punk. Is anybody safe from ECW’s newest, most mysterious Extremist?

Find out Tuesday night on ECW on Sci Fi at 10/9 CT.

Related Content

ECW on Sci Fi results

Watch Nitro's thoughts on CM Punk

Get close to Snitsky in an exclusive video

Matches annouced:

Bobby Lashely vs Hardcore Holly vs Mr. Kennedy for the ECW Title

CM Punk vs Jonny Nitro where the winner will get into the money in the bank match. Which one that the WWE is buring will win the match!?

Will the ECW Originals put over the New Breed again or will something DIFFERANT actually happen?

AND!!!! Who will Snitsky attack next? I'm picking......Tommy Dreamer!

Sounds like an intresting show really. The triple threat with both Holly and Kennedy in it might actually come off as good if the two can carry Lashley and I'm intrested in seeing Punk vs Nitro.

Nitro will probably lose and move onto a tag-match at WM. I don't know though. Last week he and Melina were buried and now she has the Women's Title.

What's with the constant title defenses on ECW? It seems like every week the champion (Lashley, and Show before him) is defending the title. It would make sense if it was the ECW TV Title, but the ECW World Title should have more prestige than that.

ECW = WCW when Russo took over.

Wow that was a bold statement right there.

Hey, you want a Bobby Lashley match every week or Bobby Lashley promos?

Pick the better of two evils.

Neither, give me Monty Brown matches and Matt Striker promos.

ECW = WCW when Russo took over.

Wow that was a bold statement right there.

Eh...all we need is Lash to turn heel and side with Vince to make it complete ;)

So I suppose Vince will promise something on an uncoming episode which will be so big, so monumental, so changing for the wrestling business and there's nothing he (Vince McMahon) can do about it.

They have Cor Von and Striker whom are good promos and yet they let Burke be the mouthpiece.

What's worse is that none of the originals are all that great at scripted promos either.

Isn't this the 4th or so time these two worked each other here? Thorn really looks awkward with this group. As far as image is concerned, isn't Knox more suited for the group?

Did RVD just won a match?!

Vince and the McMahon clan probably took the night off.

Wait in 10 minutes and you'll be convinced Rhodes locked the entire booking team and the agents in a closet somewhere in Bakersfield.

I don't think anyone has spent more time in the WWE Doghouse then these three have the past few months.

Has anyone done more cross-over shows then Nitro outside of maybe Cena?

I don't think anyone has spent more time in the WWE Doghouse then these three have the past few months.

Has anyone done more cross-over shows then Nitro outside of maybe Cena?

Jeff Hardy?

Especially around Armageddon I think, where he was on like every show for about 2 weeks straight, and was crossing over a lot.

Punk using GO TO SLEEP as his new non submission finish is fitting since half of his moveset is KENTA based.

He needs to get them more airborne for max effect but given the size of the WWE workers, that's a reach.

Punk using the Go 2 Sleep as his new finisher is funny. I wonder if the road agents watched some KENTA footage and told Punk to copy his entire moveset.

Nitro continues to impress me.

A week ago, Punk barely beats the JTTS Knox and gets mauled by Snitsky. Now he's WM bound in somewhat meaningful match? Exactly what made McMahon take this direction?

Just John- Punk's been using KENTA's moveset for awhile now, only fitting he'd throw in the finisher. He needs to work on making it look better, though.