TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

OAO Raw Thread

On a personal note, I would like to see Punk win MitB. I think it would kick all sorts of ass to see Lashley squeak out a win over Umaga. Then while hes celebrating the victory of his "hard-fought, overcoming-the-odds" match, Punk comes out, immediately cashes-in his title shot, and one GO TO SLEEP later, wins the ECW belt. It would be perhaps a little too similar to the Edge/Cena situation from NYR 2006, bit I would still like to see it.

Guest Tajiri

Decent Raw, certainly more enjoyable do to being there I'd say. Well that and my Jimmy Rave and Huss signs got some decent tv shots.

I cant believe there's almost a whole month till WM and they have the bulk of the main matches setup already. That's almost too long to build up for a show. HOw many 20 minute monologues can you give explaining the rules of a hair vs hair match. I think even Grisham has gotten at least half of the rules down by now.

Arent they settin up for a big downturn after Mania? I mean, with all the top matches with babyfaces, it makes it seem like the top heels arent good enough to get on the biggest show, yet they have to carry the rest of the year's ppvs.

And if HHH didnt get injured would he have turned heel and beat Cena, essentially redoing last year's main event?

And with the the 2 top matches, you have the champions who have been pushed down everyone's throats the last 2 years and the challengers who are over 40 and already top guys. So even to those who are happy with the storylines even though it's not new and doesnt involve up and comers, what is left for the rest of the year? They really need to rearrange all the rosters after this.

and all the losers of the mitb qualifiers should all be on the show. except for mvp. put him in a gimmick battle royal.

Edge's excuses not to wrestle were hilarious!!!

Even though the guest referee segment was too long, it would have been good to give Austin some time on the microphone.

I cant believe there's almost a whole month till WM and they have the bulk of the main matches setup already. That's almost too long to build up for a show. HOw many 20 minute monologues can you give explaining the rules of a hair vs hair match. I think even Grisham has gotten at least half of the rules down by now.

Arent they settin up for a big downturn after Mania? I mean, with all the top matches with babyfaces, it makes it seem like the top heels arent good enough to get on the biggest show, yet they have to carry the rest of the year's ppvs.

And if HHH didnt get injured would he have turned heel and beat Cena, essentially redoing last year's main event?

And with the the 2 top matches, you have the champions who have been pushed down everyone's throats the last 2 years and the challengers who are over 40 and already top guys. So even to those who are happy with the storylines even though it's not new and doesnt involve up and comers, what is left for the rest of the year? They really need to rearrange all the rosters after this.

and all the losers of the mitb qualifiers should all be on the show. except for mvp. put him in a gimmick battle royal.

MVP, while not a great wrestler is still one of the main mid-card acts and is effective enough to warrant his match against Benoit at Mania. As for the rest of the qualifying losers, they are all covered already. (Kane gets Khali. Sabu and RVD will be in the NB/Originals tag match. MnM, Carlito, Benjamin and Flair will be in the tag team battle royal/tag team turmoil.)

Oh believe me, the last thing they need is Austin all over the mic. Seriously, Austin near the end of his active career became the single most annoying, horrid guy on the mic. All he did was use the "WHAT?" bullshit as his crutch and I think it would have killed his career if the various injuries and backstage problems hadn't. I've never understood why the "WHAT?" schtick caught on as a face act, since it was his annoying heel act with the Alliance.

I wish Shawn would just turn already.

Shawn doesn't want to be a heel so....

Unless he stands to make alot of money and main event a mega ppv, he'll totally turn heel. Guess what, WM is a mega main event match. However, no heel turn from either. Total Rock/Austin tweener build and its working.

I meant turn on Cena. They can only tease the Super-kick to Cena so long before it gets annoying. It's getting pretty close to that point. If HBk doesn't turn on Cena next Raw I'm offecially bored with the fued at that point.

I wish Shawn would just turn already.

Shawn doesn't want to be a heel so....

Unless he stands to make alot of money and main event a mega ppv, he'll totally turn heel. Guess what, WM is a mega main event match. However, no heel turn from either. Total Rock/Austin tweener build and its working.

I meant turn on Cena. They can only tease the Super-kick to Cena so long before it gets annoying. It's getting pretty close to that point. If HBk doesn't turn on Cena next Raw I'm offecially bored with the fued at that point.

I see Shawn finally going for it but Cena quickly counters into a FU attempt where Shawn slips out during their title match with MnM next week. The idea being that the gloves are off now as they each tried to take the other this time but either got the job done.

Oh believe me, the last thing they need is Austin all over the mic. Seriously, Austin near the end of his active career became the single most annoying, horrid guy on the mic. All he did was use the "WHAT?" bullshit as his crutch and I think it would have killed his career if the various injuries and backstage problems hadn't. I've never understood why the "WHAT?" schtick caught on as a face act, since it was his annoying heel act with the Alliance.

At first it was entertaining (yes, I said it). Granted, at first, it wasn't every other line of every promo, at which point it got stale.

I seriously doubt it would have killed his career. People are overreacting a little I feel, his run with Bischoff as co-commisioners wasn't that bad outside of the thing at Bad Blood and the last we saw of him at SNME with JBL was entertaining.

I agree. The "WHAT?" thing was amusing during the Alliance era, but it was kept short and was a heel act. It was meant to be annoying.

Honestly, Austin hasn't done anything worthwhile in wrestling since 2001. Once he lost the WWF title to Jericho his mic work went to crap, his ring work even worse, and I think he frankly lost his damn mind.

Rating this week was a 4.1 according to 411mania.com, down from 4.3 last week. Should this be considered a disappointment? Considering the two matches announced beforehand and the Stonce Cold appearance, although non-advertised per se but teased nonetheless.

I really miss the days when Raw was good and these threads would go 20-30 pages.

People have been bitching about how awful RAW has been since this board started.

And Raw's been really good the past few months

Every segment of every show should have a returning wrestler, they always do them decently.

"It's WHO!?"

*music*

I really miss the days when Raw was good and these threads would go 20-30 pages.

People have been bitching about how awful RAW has been since this board started.

Exactly...RAW has been decent lately. Actually, Smackdown's threads should be way bigger, considering the quality of those shows.

I think wrestling discussion in general on this board is just way down.

Exactly...RAW has been decent lately. Actually, Smackdown's threads should be way bigger, considering the quality of those shows.

I think wrestling discussion in general on this board is just way down.

I blame the Chocolate Socket.