TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

The Sopranos

Have any of you watched the screener of the upcoming episode that's been floating around on the net over the past week or so? I just got finished watching it, and while it's not the greatest episode of the show, it was a solid episode to set everything in motion. Just thought I'd go ahead and get this thread started since the episode officially airs this Sunday, and I'm sure some of you have already checked it out.

I'm looking forward to a worthy ending of the series, so I hope they can pull it off.

After all the acclaim the show's gotten and all the buildup of the end of The Sopranos, the ending is either going to be unimaginably awesome or a big disappointment. Not really much of a middle ground since anything that isn't unimaginably awesome is automatically a disappointment, IMO.

The Sopranos in Seven Minutes

Yeah; the voiceover guy is annoying, but it's usefull, as I had forgotten about tons of important shit, like just how cute Tony's first Russian Mistress was.

Anyways...I'm sure everything will tie up nicely and we'll all be perfectly satisfied.

I love the show, it's had its ups and downs lately (mainly downs) but I don't think there's a way they can end this show that'll send people home happy. Tony lives, people are going to bitch. Tony dies, people are going to bitch. This is similar to the finale of Seinfeld in a lot of ways in terms of peoples expectations and the show not being able to live up to all of them.

Surprised that no one commented after the first episode last night. I just watched it this morning and the impression I get is that in the series finale, Tony's going to wind up in jail. After starting (part 2 of the) season with him getting arrested and with all the talk about how the feds are building a case, plus Bobby screwing up and leaving the weapon at the murder site, it just seems like that's the natural conclusion. Of course, if it was all one season, you could see the beginning of the season as foreshadowing his eventual death instead of this foreshadowing his arrest; they could go either way with it, but I really think he's going to end up behind bars when it's all said and done.

I've heard a rumor about what sources are saying happens in the end, and if it's true I'll be pissed beyond words.

Yeah, please don't tell us about this. Even if it's not true (like some rumor from the early part of the season that I don't even remember now), it will bug me the whole time, wondering if that's actually what's going to happen or not. I'd rather have no information outside of what's presented on screen.

I've heard a rumor about what sources are saying happens in the end, and if it's true I'll be pissed beyond words.

I'd like to know, if they don't want it added as a spoiler then PM that. Cause I lost HBO some time ago and I'm only really interested in how the door closes.

2GOLD, I sent you a PM!

I wouldn't buy into any rumors though. I remember when there was a "rumor" that Meadow was going to be the one to kill Vito.

I enjoyed the episode although I'm not a fan of Janice and she was all over this one. It seems that they will make a point out of how sloppy the kill was from Bobby. Nothing else seemed important enough to touch on, though other then that I liked the reference to Richie.

2GOLD, I sent you a PM!

I wouldn't buy into any rumors though. I remember when there was a "rumor" that Meadow was going to be the one to kill Vito.

Speaking of Meadow, I was a little annoyed they never bothered to mention why she was back home. I'm assuming her and Finn broke up.

2GOLD, I sent you a PM!

Well after reading it, I really cannot buy it and if that was the way then it would be the worst ending ever. Talk about something that would kill everything a series did.

I'm still in favor of Tony getting away scott free and the ending just him sitting behind a desk with his feet up smoking a cigar while the theme played. Screw the "bad guy gets whats coming" crap, I want a "bad guy wins, screw the good guys" ending.

Bobby tossing the gun could (though likely won't) come back to bite him or Tony in the ass.

Solid episode but not the ideal way to start off a season, especially one this crucial. Way too much Janice and Carmella and far too many introspective Tony moments for my taste. I loved Tony cutting Christopher off when he called to say happy birthday and the Tony/Bobby brawl was awesome. I was hoping Bobby would try and work the midsection because of the gunshot area but 'twas not to be. I did however him get the clinch on Tony for a half-second and that was good enough.

Right now it looks like Bobby is a dead duck. Kicked the shit out of the boss and did a sloppy job on the killing. I hope they're not going down the "I want out of the family" road with him but that looks like the case right now.

I took Bobby leaving his torn shirt and gun at the scene as him fearing Tony. He'd rather get nailed for some murder and lose everything he has than face Tony's wrath that he knows is coming.

Final scene of the series was filmed last week in Bloomfield. Didn't see any of the filming but

it takes place in an ICE CREAM PARLOR. If it is anywhere near a happy ending, all the greatness of this show dies.

I took Bobby leaving his torn shirt and gun at the scene as him fearing Tony. He'd rather get nailed for some murder and lose everything he has than face Tony's wrath that he knows is coming.

Final scene of the series was filmed last week in Bloomfield. Didn't see any of the filming but

it takes place in an ICE CREAM PARLOR. If it is anywhere near a happy ending, all the greatness of this show dies.

Seeing as how they don't film things in chronological order, just because it was the last scene shot doesn't mean it's the last scene of the show.

Seeing as how they don't film things in chronological order, just because it was the last scene shot doesn't mean it's the last scene of the show.

HA

There was this thing about how HBO wanted to film at this certain Ice Cream Shop, but the town didn't want them filming in their town. I don't know if it ended up being at that place, but whatever

It wasn't the last scene shot, they still shot a couple scenes later in the week. It was the final scene of the series according to the producers. Bloomfield originally didn't want the shooting to take place in the town and finally gave in when the producers brought it up in a special town meeting called to discuss the issue.

Couldn't find the newspaper or cnn articles that covered it but here is at least one link.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111796090...yid=14&cs=1

Cabler was set to shoot a scene March 22 in a Bloomfield ice cream shop near Newark, N.J., but Mayor Raymond McCarthy and the Town Council illegally denied Sopranos Prods. a filming permit, saying they felt the show negatively portrayed Italian-Americans.

Scene that the production crew applied to shoot is the last shot of the last episode.

You're supposed to drop the gun. Nobody wants to get caught with a gun that was used in a murder case, they have forensics teams or whatever that study ammunition and can match rounds to the chambers of particular guns. Plus, Bobby was wearing gloves, so I'd say he didn't do too bad considering it was his first hit; the guy's dead and Bobby got away with (presumably) no witnesses. Can't ask for much more than that.

The Tony/Bobby brawl was great, you just knew Tony was going to make excuses for losing considering how concerned he is about his self-image. I thought it was funny how he was asking Carmela if she remembered him whooping some dude's ass back in high school, and how impressed she looked, ha. Also liked his conversation with Christopher; *click*!

Good start to the season, IMO.

If you go back, you'll see that the girl knew the guy and I assume had to see Bobby walking towards her as she was leaving. Given that, the news of the guy's death is likely to be reported. She could easily say "I saw a fat guy"...but that wouldn't help. I don't think he gets "caught" but it will screw with him because not killing anyone was pretty important to him.

Actually it was kind of cool to see Bobby stick up for himself finally, hes always getting made fun of and made out to be the goof. I thought that Tony would like that about him (a future boss maybe? you know hed like to keep it in the family) but it was funny to see him making excuses. And then he punished Bacala by making him do the hit.

nice calm before the storm episode here. I kept yelling out loud how can they arrest tony on gun charges based on some kid saying he saw him 3 years ago.

I always said the best way to end it is, everyone htinks Tony is dead, but then they cut to an island somewhere and Tony and Carm are just chilling by the water.

honestly though the only death that would bother me is Paulie (and maybe Chris)

I don't know what I think about the episode. It was good enough, but with how few episodes they have left it would have been nice to see more of the crew...and less of the sister that makes me want to change the channel

Can I get a PM about the "rumored" ending to the series?

Series Premiere was decent...too much lakehouse drama for me though. I really wish the first episode of the season would have caught us up more with everyone and not focused so much on the lakehouse.

I haven't seen anyone really mention this, so i'll tell you guys what I was thinking after I saw the episode.

Bobby wouldn't get caught by dropping the gun because he had gloves on....but there WAS a problem with what he did. The dude tore his shirt, and seems like it's very likely the guy could have gotten some of Bobby's skin under his fingernails when he was grabbing at him.....Also, remember that Bobby and Tony were having a discussion about how far forensics has come in the last several years. They can check under someones fingernails for DNA. Maybe i'm reading into it too much, but I have a feeling Bobby may get caught that way. Just my opinion and thoughts though.

Tony's cousin Tony Blundeto (played by Steve Buscemi) offed Phil's brother in Season Five and to make amends with NY Tony popped his cousin in the head with a shotgun. Seems like Phil is still catching feelings over it, though.

Good epsiode, did a nice job of sowing the seeds of mistrust in Tony's head in regards to Christopher wanting to take over his spot. Really weird to see Sydney Pollack in that kind of a guest role but he did well and the interactions with Johnny were nice. Speaking of, weird to see him go in such an anticlimactic way but the scene that followed with Tony receiving the news at the Bing was tremendous, you could just see Tony looking around wondering how everybody is going to react when they found out he's gone.

I smell a war.

What was Phil talking about with Tony's cousin killing Billy?

This happened two seasons ago when Tony's cousin (Buscemi) killed Phil's brother. Phil wanted to kill him as payback (also threatened to take Chris out) but Tony did it himself on the porch.

Phil can't let it go and probably never will.

I liked tonight's episode. Last week aside from the brawl felt like a filler episode but tonight set things in motion and already started to take characters out. The idea that NY is in total chaos while Tony is running a smooth operation is interesting given the circumstances we saw just a couple seasons ago. I really enjoy how they make a point to show the difference between Tony and AJ regarding female issues. Tony would go nuts if he was getting that treatment from his girlfriend but AJ doesn't show a hostile hand but yet you see AJ still looks up to his father despite their complete differences.

I do think Chris is going to crack about Ade sooner or later.

Tony drawing back on his insecurities again is great as he's worried about his own immortality. Really, right now, who could step in his place?

Paulie is old and too hot-headed. Sil can't handle that pressure. Christopher has other things on his mind. AJ isn't nearly ready for that world and never will be. Bobby wasn't even a captain and still lacks credibility to take charge in the eyes of the rest. I think they'll address that seriously in the weeks to come.

Dr. Melphi's shrink getting screen time was interesting.

If in the case of a trial a psychiatrist is called the stand, would they be able to reveal information about their clients? Because if so, NY should have their eye on Melphi in case Tony ever gets put up to trial.

Very early in the show, she said she could go against patient-doctor rights if she felt she had to. Which is why Tony doesn't say everything in clear detail and dances around things.