TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

Movies you like...

Reading more of this thread: There's people who actually hate "Angel Heart"? That's one of my favorite movies from the 80's.

I gotta mention "European Vacation." I always thought that one was underrated.

Someone mentioned "Evolution" earlier. Good to see I'm not the only person who likes that movie.

I also gotta mention "Cannibal Ferox", aka "Make Them Die Slowly." In spite of the animal snuff, it's the only Italian Cannibal flick i like, simply because it's so bad it's good.

Oh, and "Lifeforce." It's a big overblown mess, but a fun one, with a hot chick who's naked throughouth the whole movie, as well as over acting at it's best, Steven Railsback, Patrick Stewart (who actually kisses Railsback-it's a long story), London becoming infested with zombies-or are they vampires, I don't remember too well, and well, it needs to be seen to be be believed. I love that fucking movie.

This may not really fit the topic quite right, but am I the only one who thinks Spider-Man 1 is a lot better than Spider-Man 2? I think the first film does a much better job balancing out the Peter Parker stuff with Spidey and the Goblin, and keeps a brisk pace throughout. The 2nd movie is wildly praised but I don't get it. It's way too maudlin and focuses too much on the Peter/Mary Jane crap for my taste, has entirely too much preachy stuff about being a hero, and Doc Ock is treated as an after thought for much of the film. The movie's focus should be Spider-Man stopping Doc Ock with the sideplot of his personal life. It should NOT be his personal life and romance bullshit first, then his actual crime fighting 2nd.

X2...now there's a sequel that does improve on a fairly solid original.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer- Solid film....Kristy Swanson is the only Buffy as far as im concerned....Donald Sutherland as the trainer and Luke Perry as the Love interest...C'mon...

Tin Cup- Actually made golf seem cool to me as an 11 year old...I like the ending..just determined to take the hard road..

The Chase- Another Charlie Sheen entry.....Kidnapping Kristy Swanson w/ a Butterfinger...Flea and Anthony Kiedis..Henry Rollins and Cary Elwes.....and over the top, Unrealistic sex scene at 90mph....I'll watch this fucker everytime it's on....

It's funny people mention Airheads. I think that movie didn't do especially well since it was a very pro metal or 80s rock type movie (the various Van Halen, Lemmy stuff that was mentioned for instance) but was made in 1994 when rock music was more about grunge and punk. It was made roughly 5 years too late. I mean Brendan Fraser was trying to get his cheesy metal band signed circa 1994?? Good luck pal. With Metallica well between albums at that point the only mainstream metal band I can recall was Pantera. Maybe Megadeth too I guess.

Now, End of Days. I had one major problem with this movie. Why exactly did Satan adhere to this prophecy about getting a bride at a certain time, place, etc.? The dude is SATAN for crying out loud. Wouldn't Satan just say "Fuck this, I'll get a bride whenever I want one."

i was like 9 or 10 when i first saw Airheads on ShowTime or whatever....i enjoyed the bathroom humor...all that Punk Rock/ metal grunge I was oblivious too

Reading more of this thread: There's people who actually hate "Angel Heart"? That's one of my favorite movies from the 80's.

I gotta mention "European Vacation." I always thought that one was underrated.

Someone mentioned "Evolution" earlier. Good to see I'm not the only person who likes that movie.

I also gotta mention "Cannibal Ferox", aka "Make Them Die Slowly." In spite of the animal snuff, it's the only Italian Cannibal flick i like, simply because it's so bad it's good.

Oh, and "Lifeforce." It's a big overblown mess, but a fun one, with a hot chick who's naked throughouth the whole movie, as well as over acting at it's best, Steven Railsback, Patrick Stewart (who actually kisses Railsback-it's a long story), London becoming infested with zombies-or are they vampires, I don't remember too well, and well, it needs to be seen to be be believed. I love that fucking movie.

I'll give you European....I'll take Vegas Vacation....Underrated as well

Dude...noone dislikes House Party. No one. if they do they need to be beaten viciously. Robin Harris is da sheet.

I have to admit, most of the movies in this thread I like. Except Brown Bunny. Because fuck that movie.

Dude...noone dislikes House Party. No one. if they do they need to be beaten viciously. Robin Harris is da sheet.

I have to admit, most of the movies in this thread I like. Except Brown Bunny. Because fuck that movie.

Agree wholeheartedly, and I have nothing to add.

Blast From The Past is a great movie that even Alicia Silverstone couldn't ruin. Brendan Frasier runs house in that flick.

"WOAH... A BLACK PERSON!"

Either I'm suffering from Dejavu or I've seen these two posts (almost exact to the word) in another thread. If I'm not suffering from Dejavu then it only took about 6 years for this board to completely start repeating itself in every forum.

I i have said fuck that movie about Brown Bunny since I have seen it so I probably have repeated that. Because serioulsy...fuck that movie.

I probably have commented on House Party before.

And I think the board started repeating itself in like 4 years. You just didn't notice.

Man that is my movie. I loved it. I still say "Readin is Fundamendal" randomly from time to time. That was my House party 4 (the one staring Immature and no Kid N Play does not exist)

House Party 1, 3 and Class Act are GREAT. I am not in love with House Party 2, but it was okay.

By the way, I don't know if people like this movie or not but:

White Noise 2: The Light

This movie is fucking good. It obviously had nothing to do with White Noise and they just attached its name to the first one, which for the life of me I can't figure out because who the fuck hears White Noise and says "I would see a sequal to THAT". But it stars Nathan Fillion who simply should be worshipped as a deity. watch it. Now.

Which also brings me to Slither. Apparently alot of people didn't like this movie. Fuck you non likers of Slither. It was a bodysnatcher/zombie movie. Whats not to fucking love?

I thought White Noise was decent. My mother knows the woman who was used as the consultant on actual White Noise for the original film. I was hoping to at least get a Michael Keaton autograph out of it but that never happened.

Man that is my movie. I loved it. I still say "Readin is Fundamendal" randomly from time to time. That was my House party 4 (the one staring Immature and no Kid N Play does not exist)

House Party 1, 3 and Class Act are GREAT. I am not in love with House Party 2, but it was okay.

I thought I was the only one who liked House Party 3. Bernie Mac stole every scene he was in that movie. The only really bad things about is the presence of Immature and the lame replacement they got for Martin Lawrence.

Of course, House Party 4 has NOTHING to do with the original trilogy and it has a complete piece of shit.

Oh yeah, Bernie Mac TOOK that movie.

"Boy, just be yourself. If people don't like you for being yourself... FUCK 'EM! Let me tell you something. I scored with a girl when I was about your age. I tried to please her pappy all the time; wen' out my WAT to please her pappy. I came in one day, I said, "Nice weather we having." He said, "You can't say that. You can't say that; it might rain." I said, "Nice tie you got on." "You can't say that; wife try to choke me with it." Point I'm trying to tell you, son, is be yourself. People who don't like ya for being yourself... FUCK 'EM! FUCK 'EM against the wall, with handcuffs on and Krazy Glue on their lips!"

"I even remember your name. They used to call you JAW BONE!"

and of course:

"WHOA!!!! My mamma dead, now I got ta cut ya. Thats the rule! Cut ya, cut ya, cut ya!!!"

And Real World David did suck as Martin's replacement.

The Congo- How the Hell can you get better than a gorilla who knows sign language w/ a talking glove...."Ugly Gorillas, Bad Gorillas, Ugly, Go Away"

Bebe's Kids- I loved this one as a kid...because simply i knew kids just like that

Daredevil, especially the Director's Cut, is one of my favourite comic book movies.

I put that in my intitial post....I wonder how many people have actually seen the Director's Cut....it's so much better than the original cut and the Coolio side story is great and gave some funny moments...It also made sense of stuff in the original cut...

CLUE.

This is one of my favorite comedies of all time. Really funny one-liners, great cast, including a manic performance by Tim Curry as the Butler (particularly the last 15 or so minutes).

Who doesn't like Clue?

oh, and to contribute: The Last Kiss. I don't think the reviews were too favorable at all. But Tom Wilkinson was amazing, as was Mr. Braff, even if I hate Michael Weston and the script suffers from Paul Haggisitis where everyone is suffering from the exact same problems. And the soundtrack! Wonderful.

I'll echo the sentiment for The Matrix Reloaded, Vanilla Sky, and Necessary Roughness. Here are a few more:

Swordfish: This movie is loads of fun and just oozes with style, and features a great cast, cool storyline, and Halle Berry looking hotter than ever.

The Ninth Gate: A relatively unknown Johnny Deep/Roman Polanski thriller that I've always been a big fan of, but gets little acclaim.

This may not really fit the topic quite right, but am I the only one who thinks Spider-Man 1 is a lot better than Spider-Man 2? I think the first film does a much better job balancing out the Peter Parker stuff with Spidey and the Goblin, and keeps a brisk pace throughout. The 2nd movie is wildly praised but I don't get it. It's way too maudlin and focuses too much on the Peter/Mary Jane crap for my taste, has entirely too much preachy stuff about being a hero, and Doc Ock is treated as an after thought for much of the film. The movie's focus should be Spider-Man stopping Doc Ock with the sideplot of his personal life. It should NOT be his personal life and romance bullshit first, then his actual crime fighting 2nd.

Actually, the 2nd was a far better representation of a actual Spidey story arc, IMO. Might it have made a better action movie the other way? Probably. But as a Spidey movie? It was right on the money.

X2...now there's a sequel that does improve on a fairly solid original.

100% Agreed, and reading reviews thus far, Spiderman 3 might end up being my 3rd favorite in the series.

Jason, thing is with a typical comic you can just skim the Peter/Mary Jane stuff if it's boring and get to the Doc Ock stuff you care about. Sitting in the theater though? You gotta put up with it. It's like the anti Batman series, which focus entirely too much on the heels and Batman is the afterthought.

There are a select few superhero movies that strike the right balance of hero development and villains. Batman Begins is good in that regard, X2, etc.

Suicide Kings

Grid Lock'd

Blast From The Past

Revenge of The Sith

Uncle Buck

Disney's Atlantis

and I have an unhealthy obsession with The Breakfast Club