TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

Movies you like...

Grandma's Boy is great. I like the body count tally scene in Hot Shots, and I'm a sucker for "jail cell is not really secure but we'll stand around like it is then reveal we know we can walk through the bars" jokes.

I like Episodes II and III if that counts as being disliked by the majority. I also thought Jedi was the best of the three and that Ewoks were awesome when I was younger (though it's not like I suddenly became the "Ewoks are awful kiddie merchandise product placement" people either, I just liked Empire more when I got older).

Do people who aren't film critics hate Independance Day? I thought it was the greatest film of all time when I was 16. Not so much now, but I would still watch it on TV.

It's still an okay movie, I think, but the amount of theft in it makes it score worse than it should.

My vote goes for Levity, mostly because I haven't talked to anybody else who's seen it. But Morgan Freeman, Billy Bob Thornton, Kirsten Dunst, and Holly Hunter act their asses off in this one.

Street Trash (Six words: Hot Potato with a severed penis)

Wow, so you and I are two of the 10 people in the world who still remember that movie, huh?

Big Daddy too.

It's my favorite movie ever.

I love Mean Girls too.

It's arguably my favorite movie ever. Probably top 5. I think i've seen it almost as many times as Rush Hour.

Oh and any Steven Segal movie. His effortless aikido and judo moves are fun to watch.

Bloodsport too.

Another one: Little Giants.

Street Trash (Six words: Hot Potato with a severed penis)

Wow, so you and I are two of the 10 people in the world who still remember that movie, huh?

There's a 2 disc special editon out right now (hurry up, it's a limited edition) that's worth every penny.

Panic Room - I swear nobody else on this planet likes this movie but me. I thought it was awesome. Great suspense and original plot.

The Butterfly Effect - No one can seem to get past the fact that Ashton Kutcher is in it but I thought this movie was great. The ONLY good thing Kutcher has ever been associated with.

A Night At The Roxbury - Absolutley hilarious. A forgotten comedy that showed Will Farrell as he was just starting out and Chris Kattan didn't annoy me like he usually does.

Suicide Kings - Awesome. And Denis Leary is badass.

I'll also add the first three Karate Kid movies (fuck Hilary Swank for ruining the series) and of course the best movie of all time, THE LAST DRAGON.

The Outsiders- Just because of all that future star power in that one film..."Let's Do it For Johnny, man.....Do it for JOHNNY!!!"

Romeo Must Die- Aaliyah was hot in it, Jet Li owns, and Anthony Anderson is a laugh everytime he's on..

Airheads- A Brendan Frasier diamond in the rough..They held up the radio station w/ water pistols and he wiped his ass w/ the record contract...add Adam Sandler and Steve Buschemi and you can't go wrong w/ this one....

Coneheads- Definetly one of the better SNL films IMO...."Maintain low tones w/ me...Maintain low tones"

Don't Say a Word- Sean Bean is like top 5 all-time when it comes to playing the bad guy and this one just added to it...Plus Michael Douglas and Brittany Murphy and a nice plot...

Totally agreed on Grandma's Boy and Armageddon.

Con-Air - Awesome cast overacting to highest degree, badass action and just all out fun.

Blue Streak - A lot better than all the other Martin Lawrence vehicles. Can't even explain why but I really enjoy it.

Guess Who - If you discount that it's a remake of a classic it is pretty consistently funny and Bernie Mac is awesome.

Big Daddy too.

It's my favorite movie ever.

I love Mean Girls too.

It's arguably my favorite movie ever. Probably top 5. I think i've seen it almost as many times as Rush Hour.

Oh and any Steven Segal movie. His effortless aikido and judo moves are fun to watch.

Bloodsport too.

Another one: Little Giants.

Wow, it looks like we have quite similar tastes in movies. I love both of those movies too (though I prefer Rush Hour 2).

Nick Swardson makes Grandma's Boy. The DDR scene had me on the floor. Plus Jonah Hill is in fine Jonah Hill form.

I dunno about "makes" the movie. I think he manages to make it watchable, but nothing more then that.

Adam Sandler's 3rd string buddies do not = boxoffice

Starship Troopers.

This is my all-time favorite film. Really it has it all. Satire, epic action, 90210-esque subplots, Neil Patrick Harris, Casper Van Dien. More more could you possibly want? Part 3 is in the works and I have very high hopes for it. The writer of the first one plus a returning Van Dien = potential awesomeness.

Cabin Fever

LOVE this movie. Saw it 3 times in theatres. As a running joke with some film-geek snob friends of mine I refer to it as "Mankind's greatest achievement."

Jason X

Exorcist 3

About a Boy

Just Friends

Can't Hardly Wait

10 Things I Hate About You

Most 90s Teen Comedies

Panic Room - I swear nobody else on this planet likes this movie but me. I thought it was awesome. Great suspense and original plot.

The Butterfly Effect - No one can seem to get past the fact that Ashton Kutcher is in it but I thought this movie was great. The ONLY good thing Kutcher has ever been associated with.

A Night At The Roxbury - Absolutley hilarious. A forgotten comedy that showed Will Farrell as he was just starting out and Chris Kattan didn't annoy me like he usually does.

Suicide Kings - Awesome. And Denis Leary is badass.

I'll also add the first three Karate Kid movies (fuck Hilary Swank for ruining the series) and of course the best movie of all time, THE LAST DRAGON.

Loved all of these movies and own them all. Except Roxbury, but I watch it every time it comes on.

I liked Karate Kid 3 only because I have never seen a movie where its about fighting and the led character gets his ass kicked the ENTIRE movie. Do you realize that all he got was one fucking throw in the entire movie. That was it. He got his as fucking stomped in EVERY fight scene in the movie and got ONE fucking shoulder throw and wins the match because the other guy kept losing points for kicking the shit out of him.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

"Now I know what you're thinkin'. What could be stranger than a big, fatass, floatin' cupcake? Well, How 'bout one that spits tobacco?"

Best line in any movie at any time ever.

Also:

Time Bandits is a top five all-time movie of mine. Contains a great sample line where Kevin says "That's it, that's the answer! Drugs!" I also loved Napoleon getting maudlin about the heights of other various world conquerers.

Cleese is a goddamn riot as Robin Hood, too.

sjff_03_img1010.jpg

The merry man punching all the poor people slays me.

Airheads- A Brendan Frasier diamond in the rough..They held up the radio station w/ water pistols and he wiped his ass w/ the record contract...add Adam Sandler and Steve Buschemi and you can't go wrong w/ this one....

Id actually put that in my favourite movies of all time list.

Um.... off the top of my head.

Summer School

Adventures in Babysitting

Don't Tell Mom The Baby Sitter's Dead

Resident Evil

Monkeybone

Bedazzled

Blown Away (>Speed)

The Quick And The Dead

Darkman

Arlington Road

They Live!

And Halloween 4 & 5

Armageddon and Con Air can NOT count. Dammit, Armageddon has the Bruce Willis "Goodbye Grace" scene and Con Air has the "He told me he loved me" scene by Dave Chappelle.

And Hot Shots had "You don't understand. I can't walk... they've tied my shoelaces together"

Um.... off the top of my head.

Summer School

Adventures in Babysitting

Don't Tell Mom The Baby Sitter's Dead

Resident Evil

Bedazzled

Blown Away

The Quick And The Dead

Darkman

Arlington Road

They Live!

Add all these to my list too.

And I loved the second Matrix. Then I have to pretend the third one didn't exist.

How many people on this board have actually seen Airheads....

and enjoyed the film..I know I did

How many people on this board have actually seen Airheads....

and enjoyed the film..I know I did

I also put this in the "There are people that DIDN'T enjoy this film" pile.

Mousehunt - great stuff by Nathan Lane and Lee Evans, with great minor roles by Vicki Lewis from Newsradio, the guy who played Mr. Pitt on Seinfeld, and perhaps my favorite comedic role for Christopher Walken ever - Caesar the Exterminator.

Matrix: Reloaded - one of the best action movies ever, and most of the dialogue just needs a couple viewings to really understand. After that, great stuff every time.

Temple of Doom - a lot of people put this below the other two Indiana Jones movies, but I think this might be my favorite of them. The half hour-long opening action sequence is nothing short of awesome, the plot is badass, the minecart chase/bridge scene at the end is great, and anyone that doesn't love Short Round can eat a dick.

Sleepy Hollow - another great Walken performance, and Depp's a lot of fun in this movie. This was an example of Tim Burton really putting his own twist on an estabished story successfully.

Undercover Brother - Eddie Griffin's pretty good in this movie, and Dave Chappelle as Conspiracy Brother is hilarious stuff. Chi McBride's a great boss, Chris Kattan's a good evil lackey, Denise Richards in the shower scene is phenomenally hot, and Neil Patrick Harris pre-career resurgence is absolute gold as the affirmative action hire.

I just watched Con Air last night. Seriously one of the guiltiest of all guilty pleasures and what a rogue's gallery of villains in it.

How about virtually every Michael Bay movie from Bad Boys until Bad Boys 2?

In regards to Costner's more dubious efforts, yeah I actually think stuff like Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and Waterworld are trashed for a reason. As in they really, really suck. Robin Hood is especially dreadful whenever Rickman isn't onscreen, and it reeks of all sorts of crappy early 90s political correctness that makes it a relic of that era (Morgan Freeman in medieval England....WTF? Little John's wife having a baby and then demanding to go out and fight). All that was missing was Will Scarlett giving a speech about protecting the trees in Sherwood Forest.

Waterworld is mostly just a lame movie, and I still don't know why he had gills. I guess it has a couple of things going for it, like drinking the recycled piss. And Jeanne Tripplehorn is just all kinds of hot.

re: Bay movies:

I didn't HATE Pearl Harbor....I just think the wrong guy went over in the end.

The Island is watchable, it's not TOTAL garbage like most people say.

I've remembered another one, not sure if it's been mentioned

The Principal: You think an action movie starring Jim Belushi would suck ass, but surprisingly this is one of my favorite cheesy 80s action movies. Belushi plays the principal of an inner city high school who has to drive a bunch of drug dealers and gang members out of the school with the help of the head janitor/school security guard played by Louis Gossett Jr. This movie convinced me that Jim Belushi would have been way better off doing action movies than milking the Belushi name and doing lame comedies.

Out Cold: Wacky teen comedy where a bunch of snowboarders and townspeople (An odd bunch led by Jason London and featuring Zack Galifinakis and David Koechner) fight an evil developer (Played by The motherfucking Six Million Dollar Man, Lee Majors) who's trying to turn their small Alaskan town into a slick resort town. I can't explain really why I like this movie but Zack Galifinakis and David Koechner OWN in it.