TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Ultimate Fight Nigh

So, this is in less then a week so I figured we'd thread it up and get the discussion going.

Main Event

Sam "Hands of Stone" Stout vs Spencer "The King" Fisher

Jon Fitch vs Roan Carneiro (Main Card)

Drew McFedries vs Jordan Radev (Main Card)

Undercard

Jason Black vs Thiago Tavares

Luigi Fiorvanti vs Forrest Petz

Chad Reiner vs TBA (Steve Bruno pulled out of the fight)

Tamdan McCrory vs Pete Spratt

Jeff Cox vs Gleison Tibeau

Nate Morh vs Luke Caudillo

So this card is going to be dope on the basis of Fitch on free tv and a rematch of what was my pick for Fight of The Year in 2006. Fisher is coming off a loss in January to Hermes Franca whilst Stout has won his last two fights in TKO defeating Fabio Holanda and Jay Estrada. Not sure how this one is going to go, though I'd be inclined to favor Stout over Fisher. Fisher has talked about submitting Stout and while I don't doubt that he'll take Sam down I don't see him submitting him. When Rudo and myself were watching Stout vs Holanda in TKO we though Sam was going to tap a few times from the positions he got put in but never did and Holanda is light years ahead of Fisher on the ground. I see Fisher wanting to play the tough-guy role and bang with Sam after getting cracked by Franca which isn't the wisest thing to do as Stout has some of the best kickboxing out there. Either way that fight can be nothing but awesome.

Oh, and I won't rep myself as a fan or anything but Luke Caudillo has a wicked overhand right that will surely put Little Nate to sleep if it connects.

PS- If a MOD could edit the thread title. Or not. Ultimate Fight Nigh sounds kinda cool.

This main event will be a make or break fight for both guys. It will tell us a lot about what the winner's place is in the division. Stout may have the win, but Fisher took the fight on two days' notice and cut twenty lbs in that time, naturally he was not in the best shape. It's different now though, both of these guys aren't faring too well in their last few fights (Stout, while he earned the win against Fabio, did not look good at all) so this is almost like an eliminator fight. I think Fisher *should* take it, but whether he does remains to be seen.

More athletic and explosive. And prone to submissions.

At least McFedries gets put out by tightly applied submissions.

"Hey, this triangle is getting mighty umcomfortable, Evan. I give up."

Guest AndrewisyourHero
Ultimate Fight Nighy?

Davy-Jones-After.jpg

Do you fear the triangle choke?

Christ on a cracker, Sam looked shredded at the weigh-ins and Fisher looked to be in the best physical shape in quite some time. Should be an interesting fight. If Holanda can get Sam on his back with shitty-as-fuck ankle picks then Fisher taking him down shouldn't be an issue. I'll be very interested to see how Sam works off his back as he pulled out a beautiful armbar on Jay Estrada in TKO from his back and if Spencer throws down wildly (which he tends to do) then he might be in for a surprise.

Tavares looked VERY good.

So FAST. So aggressive. So controlled.

He has the right mentality to be a great fighter, you can just see it in his approach.

He's the best fighter I've seen so far tonight, far and away. He's gonna be special.

Can't ask for much more from a UFN than that. Highlight reel KOs, good action throughout topped with an awesome main event. Maybe it gives hope for UFC 72 being worth it.

Yeah - I enjoyed every fight.

Great KOs from McFedries and Anthony Jackson, a great display of submission defense by Fitch before pounding some face and getting the choke, an awesome performances from Thiago Tavares, just fantastic. And an awesome, balls out main event.

Great night.

awesome show from UFC i think Stout/Fisher could easily be a fight of the year again and i think Drew and Fitch could be contenders in their respective divisions title, hopefully the PPV will be good because it seems the card on paper is weak but ya never know

I read on UFCJunkie this morning that everyone was telling him he should hope to see the Tandan McCrory fight because "this kid will amaze you."

Well - I also found out this morning that he's from Ithaca, NY... where I currently live and he wrestled for the high school wrestling team (The Ithaca High School "Little Red") here.

Awesome.

He submitted Pete Spratt last night so off to a good start.

As per usual, I went about 50% on my predictions over at IP. I did get all the live fights right though, so that... really means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Based on what I know and had seen from Jason Black, I was surprised to see Black to Thiago the Unibrow in the way he did. That triangle was hella-quickly applied - very impressive.

It's a shame more people won't see this UFN, because it was really good, with an explosive undercard filled with KO's and submissions, and a fantastic main event. It was almost the prototypical fight card, with satisfying fights underneath that displayed great action, and a main event that blew you away. If this doesn't end up being the best live special of the year, then something really incredible must be on the way.

A 1.2 which, while it may be the lowest rating a UFN has received, I think is a a number close enough to the previous low water mark that I wouldn't be too upset over it.

i'd blame it on Spike's advertising which quite frankly stinks, thats why Spike has a bad network average compared to other channels