TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Why does it have to be pre-meditated?

Because a psychotic break doesn't really apply in a case like this. He was on the road already and gearing up for a PPV where he'd be leading the ECW brand. He'd have to pre-meditate something like this to know that he was going to skip the show(s), go back home, kill the wife and then kill the son the next day.

If his wife called him home like he told the WWE, they could have gotten into a fight and he killed her in the heat of the arguement, and then kill his son and himself.

Champions of Heaven???

Haha, that's hilarious.

Yeah. If we are going with the notion of Heaven & Hell, the substance abuser and the murderer aren't going to the good one.

Which raises the question: Is it better to sin at the beginning of your life, seek forgiveness, and die, OR lead a fairly good life, commit a horrible act and die? I'll grant it, Eddie never killed anyone, but I'm just asking a general question.

Well, if we're going into Catholicism, which I assume Eddie was, then you can repent your sins and get into heaven.

From a moral point of view, neither is ideal but it's probably better to learn and mend your ways. It depends on the scale of the misdemeanor though, of course.

Some people are in serious denial about this. The fact is we know nothing about the guy. Just because he was a good wrestler does not mean that he was a good person. I can understand admiring the guy for his dedication to his work, but there is no need to try and rationalize the murder.

Let's look at the guy's past. He was, by all accounts, an abuser of steroids. He stole his boss' wife. He bailed on a struggling promotion the day after they made him the focus of the company. There isn't one thing there that suggests he would go on to murder his whole family, but he's not a saint that was destroyed the horrible underbelly of wrestling.

Benoit's domestic abuse problems in 2003 makes me wonder if this was a long-term issue for him, even with his first wife. If it was, then all of the sudden these murders look to be the work of a roid-raging meat head, as opposed to a guy who gradually went insane. It's one thing for a previously good person to develop dementia and commit some heinous crime. It's another thing if someone has a history of violence which gradually gets worse until it leads up to this.

Guest joshtothemaxx

Hey, on a positive note extending from the steroids idea... maybe this will push the WWE into going out and getting people like AJ Styles, American Dragon, and the Briscoes rather than the Batista's and Snitsky's of the world.

Men and women who kill their children, forensic psychologists told ABC News, tend to be severally depressed or psychotic.

This is important. I firmly believe that if Benoit killed his family it was NOT the Benoit we all admired.

Or, just the side of Benoit that no one ever knew.

This is why people shouldn't become so attached to the ones they barely know.

Because a psychotic break doesn't really apply in a case like this. He was on the road already and gearing up for a PPV where he'd be leading the ECW brand. He'd have to pre-meditate something like this to know that he was going to skip the show(s), go back home, kill the wife and then kill the son the next day.

Or he's been having family problems, asked to go home and once there got into a major fight that led to the demise of his wife and child.

We really have no idea WHY he did it.

Men and women who kill their children, forensic psychologists told ABC News, tend to be severally depressed or psychotic.

This is important. I firmly believe that if Benoit killed his family it was NOT the Benoit we all admired.

Or, just the side of Benoit that no one ever knew.

This is why people shouldn't become so attached to the ones they barely know.

I don't know you.

I just went through all 40 pages of this thread. Benoit was a fav active wrestler. I'm just massivly depressed.

I'm more offended by the Benoit apologists than any of the mid thread morbid humor. Reading that stuff was the only time I didn't feel like total shit today.

We didn't know the Benoit we admired. We didn't know him at all.

And Pegasus Kid's apologist act is pretty funny

There are a lot of things that don't click with a pre-meditated murder/suicide. The biggest being the following:

- Who goes out of their way to leave the house show circuit to kill his family? I could understand if Benoit was home for a day or two and thus had the time and assuming he had a psychotic break, the motive to kill his family. Meltzer had already reported that Benoit was called back to Atlanta for a family emergency. It doesn't click that the guy would apparently snap while on the road and of all things go back home to kill his family. If he snapped and killed himself in his hotel that'd at least make more sense.

- Also, if you run with the idea that this was pre-meditated, who kills 3/4 of the family? Wouldn't he wait for his older son to be home (the kid was in Edmonton IIRC)?

- If he killed the wife on Saturday and watched the PPV with the son on Sunday, isn't the kid going to notice that his mom isn't around all day? Was the office door locked? The kid is going to wonder where his mom is all day and all night (her car is going to be in the driveway obviously). The likelihood of Benoit killing the son that late the day after is slim to none.

This conference is going to be really interesting. If the guy killed his family, a true hero of mine is basically scum. I truly hope there was an X-Factor involved in all this.

Uuum, you don't think Benoit couldn't just lie to his 7 year old son as to his mother's whereabouts? It's not like his son was an investigator or something. A child can be fooled and lied to pretty easily. They ARE gullible and trusting.

Also, why did it HAVE to be premeditated?

And why would he wait for his other son to be home. His other son has a different mother and I don't think he ws planning to wait to kill EVERYONE he's related to.

Hey, on a positive note extending from the steroids idea... maybe this will push the WWE into going out and getting people like AJ Styles, American Dragon, and the Briscoes rather than the Batista's and Snitsky's of the world.

I must admit, that could be a rather positive note. B-)

WWE.com: "Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Texas, and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency."

What I gather from that was that he was already off the road.

Some people are in serious denial about this. The fact is we know nothing about the guy. Just because he was a good wrestler does not mean that he was a good person. I can understand admiring the guy for his dedication to his work, but there is no need to try and rationalize the murder.

Let's look at the guy's past. He was, by all accounts, an abuser of steroids. He stole his boss' wife. He bailed on a struggling promotion the day after they made him the focus of the company. There isn't one thing there that suggests he would go on to murder his whole family, but he's not a saint that was destroyed the horrible underbelly of wrestling.

Actually, he had told WCW not to give him the belt because he wanted to leave. They did it anyway. He did not "bail" after being given the belt.

If his wife called him home like he told the WWE, they could have gotten into a fight and he killed her in the heat of the arguement, and then kill his son and himself.

I can't find any records of house shows 21 or 22/6, so it's likely he returned home after the ECW tapings. He then phoned in saying he wouldn't be able to return to the road. He was scheduled to main event the 23/6 house show, which he didn't show up to. Maybe he had already killed Nancy at this point, maybe he was planning it for later, we may never know. But it looks like he didn't get a plot while on the road, then asked to leave to be able to kill her.

This is totally fucked. im in total shock right now, it feels like i have lost a friend or someone in my family. I really hope they drop this mcmahon angle!

RIP benoit, you will be trully missed!

This is totally fucked. im in total shock right now, it feels like i have lost a friend or someone in my family. I really hope they drop this mcmahon angle!

That's pretty much a given, seeing how they had Vince appear on television last night. (Yes, I know the Mr. McMahon character is technically different, but still...)

To be fair, all that happened after he had been wrestling for years and made it to the top of his profession.

RIP benoit, you will be trully missed!

Someone's a little late to the party.

Damn. I hadn't heard about this until this morning.

At first it didn't make sense to me either but... he gets home, they argue, he kills her (maybe accidentally in a moment of passion), lies to the kid in a broken mental state... kills Daniel and then hangs himself, feeling cornered and finished.

'Roid Rage and a history of domestic abuse need to be outweighed by other evidence. I hate this, I loathe it, because I hate seeing people who were heroes to me fall. But I kind of have to look at the evidence and just mourn whatever happened in his soul and what happened in that house.

Bill Apter on Fox News

And what a terrible picture.

Is there anything worse than people claiming to be "friends" of dead people when they clearly weren't!?!

man there goes alot of my respect for humanity, i never thought Benoit would do something so vile, but the question is if it comes out that Steroids had a factor, WWE could be in some serious trouble especially if they knew he was on somethin and did nothing about it, and if its any sign of WWE moving on they have pulled all Benoit merchandise and tributes and what not