TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

So Benoit went crazy because he couldn't get it up?

Maybe he thought killing his family was the only way to compenstate for having a small wee-wee?

So can we please never hear "Benoit might not've been on steroids" or "maybe Nancy killed Daniel" ever again?

But admit it... with the bottles in the house, etc. people were expecting a shitload of steroids to be in his system rather than the ONE THING that the doctor admitted to prescribing him for low testosterone levels.

Clearly he should have called Bob. Bob knows all about things like this. If Benoit had called Bob, all that would have happened to Nancy is she would have looked like a stroke victim when Chris was done.

Clearly he should have called Bob. Bob knows all about things like this. If Benoit had called Bob, all that would have happened to Nancy is she would have looked like a stroke victim when Chris was done.

I wanted to get a Smilin' Bob t-shirt...but then I figured people would associate me with needing to take those pills and thought I better not.

So can we please never hear "Benoit might not've been on steroids" or "maybe Nancy killed Daniel" ever again?

But admit it... with the bottles in the house, etc. people were expecting a shitload of steroids to be in his system rather than the ONE THING that the doctor admitted to prescribing him for low testosterone levels.

Some people were, yah. And some people were in such denial that they truly couldn't believe that Their Hero was an ordinary human, or worse.

And WWE.com has absolutely nothing about any of this. What a shock.

That's the smart buisness move at this point.

Right, exactly what good would come out of them commenting on their mark website?

Just my opinion, but I believe Benoit was prescribed testosterone due to past steroid use, but he was still taking steroids every so often as well. I don't think we will ever know if his levels at death were due to the testosterone replacement he was using, or if he had recently cycled. It would take a close friend who would know for sure that would tell the 100% proof.

We know that is not happening!

WWE released their statement to TMZ:

WWE understands that the toxicology reports for Chris Benoit indicate that he tested positive for testosterone and negative for anabolic steroids. On Mr. Benoit's last drug test in April 2007 administered by Aegis Labs, he tested negative for anabolic steroids and for testosterone. Given the toxicology report of GBI released today, it would appear that Mr. Benoit took testosterone sometime after his April 2007 test and the time he died. WWE understands that his dealings with Dr. Astin are currently being investigated, and WWE has no knowledge of whether Dr. Astin prescribed testosterone for Mr. Benoit at some point after the April 2007 tests.

For over 20 years, the WWE has been demonstrating our concern for the well being of our contracted athletes, instituting drug testing in 1987 leading up to our current Wellness Program which began on February 27, 2006, administered by Dr. David L. Black of Aegis Sciences Corporation - one of the world's foremost drug testing authorities.

We believe our Wellness Program is at the very least comparable to those of professional sports and is a program that will benefit WWE Superstars for generations to come.

Anyone else find it amusing WWE releases statements to a glorified tabloid website?

I believe tmz.com just used the standard WWE press release that they issued,

It's odd that the AP says that Chris Benoit tested negative for alcohol given the empty beer cans and wine bottle they found. Maybe Nancy was f'd up when Chris came home? Even moderate booze with painkillers and xanax can mess you up. For all we know she could have sedated Daniel with her own xanax since he was supposed to be hyperactive. We will never know. All we know is that his Benoit balls weren't McMahon-like grapefruits and he and his wife liked their vicodin and xanax.

I'm wondering.. couldn't the coroner check for prints on the victims? I mean to quiet the conspiracy theorists? Sure it's not going to happen now, but wouldn't this be something they check at the beginning of the investigation to pretty much confirm that Chris was the murderer?

I'm wondering.. couldn't the coroner check for prints on the victims? I mean to quiet the conspiracy theorists? Sure it's not going to happen now, but wouldn't this be something they check at the beginning of the investigation to pretty much confirm that Chris was the murderer?

thats a good point, really everything about what exactly happened is heresay

Him testing negative for alcohol is a bit strange, considering the amount of empty bottes. And if Nancy had drank it, wouldn't it have been in her toxicology report?

Not that there's anything to it, it's just odd. Who drank it then?

Him testing negative for alcohol is a bit strange, considering the amount of empty bottes. And if Nancy had drank it, wouldn't it have been in her toxicology report?

Not that there's anything to it, it's just odd. Who drank it then?

I think they said her blood alcohol level was that of intoxication, no?

Also - 10 empty cans in a wastebin doesn't necesarily mean they were consumed within that time period. They could've been from during the week or earlier.

Just having empty bottles in the house doesn't mean he just got done drinking them. I have many empty bottles in my house but I haven't been drunk in a quite a while.

It would be helpful to know the dates on those bottles. Also its also very possible he was giving them to someone else.

Just having empty bottles in the house doesn't mean he just got done drinking them. I have many empty bottles in my house but I haven't been drunk in a quite a while.

It would be helpful to know the dates on those bottles. Also its also very possible he was giving them to someone else.

You realize we are talking beer cans and wine bottles here, right?

I wanted to get a Smilin' Bob t-shirt...but then I figured people would associate me with needing to take those pills and thought I better not.

I convinced my girl to get me one and I'll be wearing it on Halloween with a huge smile while she has agreed to look like part of her brain has been removed. It's our laziest effort but a fun effort.

Back on the topic, it's really hard to say. But ESPN's bottom line is reporting he had it all in his system, so apparently they aren't exactly going to be reporting the 100% true result of the test. Obviously he was doing a steroid and he was doing it quite heavily, the reasons why and what it did to him mentally will just never be answered. As for the blame the WWE takes, none but they should still work harder with their wrestlers about time off when injured instead of encouraging them to work through them and then punishing those who don't work through the ones they feel can be worked through. Painkiller addiction is just as serious an issue as steroids to me and that can be reduced somewhat by actual time off for injury instead of this working through it crap.

If they don't want the guy off television, why he can't just do interviews and other run-in type actions is beyond me. I've never understood the need to keep a guy with an injury that requires painkiller use in the ring wrestling. Let him heal and then go from there.

i dig what the thread has morphed into which is basically Bix going "I'm smart you're stupid.....bunch of idiots!"

You realize we are talking beer cans and wine bottles here, right?

lmao....no. somehow I thought he was talking about the prescription bottles. definately a Mcfly moment there.

AJC is reporting 59:1 now as the T/E results.. this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Chris Benoit was taking steroids at or around the time of his death.

That's not what the guy at the press conference said. If i recall correctly, a reporter asked if this meant he was on steroids and he said you can not tell from the t/e levels.

Yes because you know giving someone Xanax is worse than death......some people really amaze me. He killed people how could it be any worse.....but some people sure act like it is...

WWE stock is actually up a bit today. I am surprised by that. Interesting to see what happens if Congress should get involved at some point.

So, what is the general consensus? Did WWE come out of the report today unscathed, minor hit, or major hit?