TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

District Attorney Scott Ballard was interview on cnn Headline news by Erica Hill. Here are the highlights:

- Ballard suggested that Benoit may have killed his son with a chokehold.

So the whole "he gave his wife a crossface hence her injuries" line may actually be true.

This is getting more and more bizarre.

Didn't he always used to front those "Don't try this at home" segments?

Considering his state of mind, I wonder which theme music he used.

i actually like his current theme...it's grown on me...glad i got to hear it in person

McMahon to Apologize for Benoit Tribute

WWE Chairman Vince McMahon will apologize for the three-hour USA Network tribute to pro wrestler Chris Benoit that aired Monday night, sources said.

The WWE and USA Network have received complaints about the tribute, which was hastily produced after Mr. Benoit, his wife and their son were found dead in their Georgia home Monday afternoon.

Authorities said Tuesday that Mr. Benoit strangled his wife and suffocated his son, then took his own life. But WWE and network officials were unaware of the circumstances of Mr. Benoit’s death when the tribute was assembled, sources said.

The WWE canceled its regularly scheduled “Monday Night RAW” event on USA Network Monday night and aired the tribute in its place.

Mr. McMahon will address wrestling fans tonight on Sci Fi Channel’s live Extreme Championship Wrestling event. He also plans to address speculation that Mr. Benoit’s actions were the result of steroid use.

The WWE plans to resume its regular wrestling telecasts, which air on USA Network, Sci Fi Channel and the CW.

(Editor: Horowitz)

http://tvweek.com/news/2007/06/mcmahon_to_...e_for_benoi.php

You can be against someone being executed because you don't believe in the death penalty, but it doesn't absolve you for committing premeditated murder.

But she was crazy...you look at those interviews with her, she thought the government were controlling her mind and telling her to kill those guys, and a spaceship was going to come and rescue her.

Can anyone tell me they think Benoit was in his right mind when he did this?

I do, and always will, refuse to believe this story no matter how many times it is proven to be true.

Another TSM genius.

If only Eddie were Alive

If only Chavo stayed an extra day

Then Chavo might be dead as well.

[JBL]He's a GUERRERO[/JBL]

D.A. RELEASES MORE GRUESOME DETAILS OF NANCY'S DEATH

"Her hands were bound together, her feet were bound together, and there was a little blood over her face," District Attorney Scott Ballard told ABC News in an interview after the press conference. "The medical examiner found bruising on the small of her back and bruising on the front of her body consistent with being crushed up against the floor."

Not trying to joke, but aren't those injuries consistent with a crippler crossface?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Same here, oddly enough. His knee at the small of her back is what came to mind. But, during that move, isn't the front part of the body raised up slightly? Only thing I can think of is she somehow rolled off the office table - or whatever she was on - hence the bruising on her front.

"Her hands were bound together, her feet were bound together, and there was a little blood over her face," District Attorney Scott Ballard told ABC News in an interview after the press conference. "The medical examiner found bruising on the small of her back and bruising on the front of her body consistent with being crushed up against the floor."

Not trying to joke, but aren't those injuries consistent with a crippler crossface?

Same here, oddly enough. His knee at the small of her back is what came to mind. But, during that move, isn't the front part of the body raised up slightly? Only thing I can think of is she somehow rolled off the office table - or whatever she was on - hence the bruising on her front.

there goes my theory of Flair Chops being the cause of death

From PWInsider:

Fayetteville, Georgia District Attorney Scott Ballard was interviewed by ESPN.com as part of a feature article on the Chris Benoit murder-suicide case. Ballard told the website that the text messages that have been mentioned previously as sent by Benoit (believed to be sent to WWE star Chavo Guerrero, who had just spent time with the family) stated that Nancy and Daniel Benoit were sick (believed to be sent after they were murdered) and a second noting the doors were open and the dogs were outside. Ballard believed the second message may have been an attempt by Benoit to make sure the bodies were discovered after his suicide.

More shocking was Ballard's revelation that The Benoit's son Daniel was found with needle marks in his arms. ESPN wrote, "The district attorney said he believed that the boy had been given growth hormones for some time because the family considered him undersized." HGH can be prescribed for children deemed hormone deficient, but there's no clearcut indication as to why the seven year old would have been taking it.

To read the complete ESPN article, click here.

One option that would bruise the front of the body and small of the back would be the sharpshooter.

Stupid idea, I know, but given there are now reports that he may have used a chokehold on his son (see above), it's possible.

This whole yanking merchandise and apologizing for the tribute show is crazy.

The guy deserves to be remembered. His final hours and actions were the result of a mental condition that may or may not be influenced by steriods.

- There were needle marks in Daniel’s arm, suggesting he was taking growth hormones for quite sometime.

As if Cole's laments about Daniel never being able to "follow in his father's footsteps" didn't sound awful before...

Mr. McMahon will address wrestling fans tonight on Sci Fi Channel’s live Extreme Championship Wrestling event. He also plans to address speculation that Mr. Benoit’s actions were the result of steroid use.

Lots and lots of lies coming.

Can't blame Vince and Co, they didn't have the facts at the time

If I were Vince, I wouldn't apologize on tv since they didn't know. Maybe a "written" statement on the website at most, but I think the people who called up about the tribute are surely idiots to begin with.

If only Eddie were Alive

This is so bizarre that it sounds like something like this would have happened eventually either way.

You obviously have never been to a Guerrero Family Reunion

This whole yanking merchandise and apologizing for the tribute show is crazy.

The guy deserves to be remembered. His final hours and actions were the result of a mental condition that may or may not be influenced by steriods.

Don't worry...Benoit will be remembered for a long time after this

its really hard to put everything together in this whole mess, some people feel that we should honor the wrestler and not the person he apperantly was, and i can respect people if thats their way of greiving for someone then so be it, i do think the jokes about his death need to stop mainly out of respect of his family

i think at the end of this whole mess WWE haters will use his death to smear WWE even further

OJ killed two people but since he was a great football player let's throw him a parade in his honor.

If only Eddie were Alive

That's what I thought as well. He's had a hell of a rough two years.

One option that would bruise the front of the body and small of the back would be the sharpshooter.

Stupid idea, I know, but given there are now reports that he may have used a chokehold on his son (see above), it's possible.

STFU followed by a five-knuckle-shuffle?

Benoit is a shameless coward. It kills me to say that about one of my favorite wrestlers too. I don't care if he was roided up or not. He killed his wife and his son, his own flesh and fucking blood. He's a murderer, Period.

He's no better than anyone else who has committed murder.

Disgusting.

If there is a hell, I hope he rots in it.

http://video.canada.com/Video.aspx?23863&ch=global

That interview with Bret Hart sure is something else...

I must have missed something, or must be out of the loop, just seemed like a regular interview to me.

He seems to be being somewhat pro-WWE - especially backing the Wellness stuff - but given the legal side he has to be careful.

Can't blame Vince and Co, they didn't have the facts at the time

If I were Vince, I wouldn't apologize on tv since they didn't know. Maybe a "written" statement on the website at most, but I think the people who called up about the tribute are surely idiots to begin with.

Exaclty, what else could they do? They couldn't continue with the whole "Mr. McMahon Is Dead" angle, and if they did a regular show (minus the McMahon "memorial service" of course) or ran a best-of the same people (before ANY info was released) would be chastizing them for NOT doing some sort of tribute even if they decided to wait out to see what the facts in the case were.

If only Eddie were Alive

That's what I thought as well. He's had a hell of a rough two years.

All joking aside...

Chavo must be thinking if he stayed, three lives may be saved...he must be thinking that..he's human

Chavo must seriously be in really bad shape...Wrestling can only do so much to relax someone